Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ari

Goodbye to Gravity, and to Death(OOC)

Recommended Posts

OOC for this thread.

Rene de Saens and Marceau Suvou deal with a feyrly dire situation in Liberty Park.

Share this post


Link to post

OK I will probably, whilst painting throw off a Ritual (fluffed as part of the painting)

Super Senses 3 (Detect Magic [Visual]) [3 PP]

So this takes 30 minutes, and will be an acute, accurate sense of what he is painting (basically, the forest). So the idea is he can sense if the forest is magical (and I guess as its acute, roughly what type of magic it is).

Arcane Knowledge Roll vs DC 18 to perform the Ritual: 1d20+15=16 Screwed it up!

Well, lets say he fluffs it being distracted by the painting.

Share this post


Link to post

Mr. Tree has no opposition to telling you what it knows!

Share this post


Link to post

1d20+20=36 for Disguise Roll. Rene using his paintbrush for a continuous morph 4 effect.

(If this doesn't sit well with KoS/You, let me know!).

Share this post


Link to post

Rene is going to go for a Ritual:

Supersense 4 (Postcognition) (4 PP)

So, normallly this would take 16 hours to design, and 40 mins to do. Rene really doesn't have that time, so its Jury Rigging Time for an HP! Skipping the design stage and doing the ritual in 4 rounds.

This puts him down to 2 HP.

To successfully cast ritual I make it DC 19 (15+Rituals cost), and he has +15 Knowledge Arcane Skill so....

1d20+15=18!

So, spending another HP to automatically succeed at ritual...down to 1 HP but he gets a peek at the future!

Share this post


Link to post

Rene: Unharmed, 1HP

Rene beholds the clearing they're in, but dimly, like something seen through a thick fog. A large crowd is standing around the cage, shouting something that sounds like a chant. Parsinkle abruptly steps into view, holding a burning silver torch in his hand, gesticulating grandly and enunciating like he's making a speech. Suddenly, the vision shifts and he sees the cage being set alight. The vision ends with him watching as a line of the human prisoners is marched towards an implausibly beautiful castle, surrounded by a marching army of Fey...

Share this post


Link to post

A few questions for detail - are the crowd human or redcaps?

Is the cage empty when set alight?

Share this post


Link to post

To the first: they are Redcaps, yes. To the second, it is.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, time to protect the innocents!

Shifting Mystic Paintbrush Array - into invisible ink...for himself and the prisoners.

Which means the morph effect on Marceau goes pfft! :o

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, ten Redcaps nearby see the transmogrification and attack. Their Initiative roll: 10.

King of Suit's: 13.

Standard action, blanket the area for 90ft. around himself in sound-muffling smoke. Move action to 40ft. from his original position.

The Redcaps move into the fog, none of them close enough to reach him(all of them starting 40ft. from him.

Share this post


Link to post

Delaying until they move closer into the fog, then moving out of the cloud and throwing an explosive card into it.

...and now I realize that this fight will go nowhere and do nothing. Professionalism!!!!!!

Okay, they're down.

Going to say that Rene and the captive get out of the camp no problem.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok so I am inclined to burn that last HP to "jury rig" a ritual:

Supermovement 1 (To Earth Prime Dimension, Extra's Affects Others, Burst...) which is actualy only 4PP...

If I had enough time might ritual the normal way?

Share this post


Link to post

Rene definitely has enough time for a normal Ritual.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, so by the book!

Designing Ritual, going to take a -5 penalty to half time to 8 hours. Then, taking 10 on the Arcane Knowledge roll for a score of 25, minus 5 is 20 which is still more than enough to reach the DC of 14.

Then the actual Ritual, DC 14. As its only 40 minutes on top of the 8 hours, little point in speeding that up.

Cant fail but 1d20+15=22 for prosperity!

Share this post


Link to post

The imprisoned humans are safely dispatched back to Earth, where they meet with their grateful friends and loved ones and receive adequate medical attention.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, just getting that out of the way. Post forthcoming. Sorry for how long this has dragged on for.

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...