Bishop (PL 10) - Bishop

[floatr]Bishop.gif[/floatr]

Player Name: Bishop

Character Name: Bishop

Power Level: 10 (150PP)

Trade-Offs: None

Unspent Power Points: 0

Progress To Bronze Status: 0/30

In Brief: A teleporting tactical genius.

Alternate Identity: Donovan Kross

Identity: Public

Birthplace: Philadelphia, PA

Affiliations: None

Family: None

Description:

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: 148 lbs

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown

Donovan Kross is a slender, middle aged man. His hair is a dark brown and graying at the temples. It's of a medium length and usually a bit unkempt. He is missing his right eye, and the right side of his face is disfigured from burns. Where his right eye was is a cybernetic socket that interfaces with his optic nerve.

Because he doesn't try to maintain a secret identity, he nearly always wears his mask, which covers the scars on his face. The only time he normally takes it off is to sleep, shower, and play chess. He feels it interferes with his concentration during play and gives the appearance of an unfair advantage.

Bishop's costume is in a "chess motif" large black-and-white checkered pattern. He carries what looks to be a medieval king's scepter, about a foot and a half long, which clips to his belt. The rest of his belt is much more utilitarian in appearance. (He thinks the whole "chess-theme" thing is a bit overdone, but he didn't have a lot of input into the design...) Most of the right side of his face is covered with a metallic mask / headset which also completely covers his right eye.

Power Descriptions:

Bishop's primary power is his mutant ability to teleport. When he uses his power, whatever is teleporting shimmers briefly before disappearing. The teleport makes a soft "zzzut" sound.

History:

Donovan Kross was a professional chess master -- an international grandmaster who was running a small chess school in downtown Philadelphia. He lived in a modest home in the suburbs with his wife Melinda and daughter Julia.

That was until the night of the house fire that destroyed his life.

It happened late at night. There was an explosion, and the first thing Donovan remembers is waking up in terrible pain, pinned by a burning support beam. The right side of his body was pressed into drapery and carpet that had caught on fire and was scorching his face and upper torso.

He panicked. In the terror of the moment, he could think of nothing but wanting to get out, escaping to the safety of the front yard. In his mind, it was like he could understand the space between him and the yard in the same way he would visualize a chess board. All it took, he intuitively realized, was a diagonal move across the space in between like the move of a bishop. With that thought, he instantly teleported himself to the front yard and collapsed on the grass.

Later, Donovan awoke in the hospital, groggy and in pain. He was in the burn unit being treated for third degree burns over half his face and upper torso. He was attached to IV fluids, pain killers, and monitors. His first guests were police detectives sent to investigate the fire. They told him that his wife and daughter had died in the blaze. They also told him that the fire appeared to be intentional but that he was not currently a suspect.

The next few days Donovan spent in a medicated haze, but he was vaguely aware of being transferred to a wheeled stretcher and transported somewhere. When he fully came to his senses, he found himself in an ultra-high-tech medical facility; and his newest visitors weren’t police or medical staff, but costumed superheroes!

He learned that he was in the infirmary of Freedom Hall, the Freedom City headquarters of the Freedom League! Donovan’s accident had drawn the attention of the Freedom League for a few reasons – not the least of which was the shocking revelation that Donovan’s daughter Julia was secretly an associate member of the League! His own daughter had been living a double life as a superhero.

Julia had been the superhero code named “Empress†and had possessed impressive telekinetic powers. The League believed that Empress – Julia – didn’t die in the fire. The burnt corpse left behind was not hers. But they had no idea what had happened to her, where she was, or why nobody had heard from her since the fire.

Donovan also learned that his daughter’s powers were genetic and that she had inherited her genetic mutation from him! Its power wouldn't reveal itself until there was a life-threatening event which, in the panic of the moment, triggered the latent abilities. He remembered the car accident his wife and daughter had been in a few years back. It seemed a miracle they had survived without a scratch considering the extensive damage to the car and the semi-truck it had collided with. He had chalked it up to a fluke of chance.

Julia had acted differently ever since that accident. She was secretive, distracted, and seemed to go on a lot of sudden overnight trips. He had worried about her but didn’t want to pry. Now, the grief of her loss was even greater than when he thought she had died. He blamed himself: if only he had known the truth; if only he had used his “great intellect†and “supremely analytical mind†to figure out what was happening in his own family. Maybe then, none of this would have happened.

The League helped Donovan control his abilities. Donovan trained hard and devoted his talent for tactical chess to tactics of a different sort. While not an official member, Donovan now assists the League and various agencies as a master tactician. He also invests much of his free time in investigating what happened to his daughter and who killed his wife.

Personality & Motivation:

What happened to Bishop's family drives him to fight for justice and freedom. Though the surgery was offered to him to completely repair his scarring and replace his eye, he turned it down. He doesn't want to erase the reminder of what had happened, possibly out of a feeling of guilt over the incident.

He is especially driven to unravel the mystery behind what happened to his daughter. But, more than anything else, what motivates him is a desire to be someone his daughter would be proud of.

He loves intellectual challenges. That is what he loves most about chess, and sometimes he sees what he does now as the greatest chess game in the world. He particularly seeks to defeat "mastermind" villans who pride themselves in their intellect.

He no longer plays or teaches chess professionally, but still loves the game and is usually playing several correspondence games online at any given time.

Bishop tends to be "cool, calm, and collected." He has tremendous patience. He prefers to collect as much relevant information as possible before acting, but can act quickly and decisively when the situation calls for it. While polite, he tends to be a tad formal with others. He seems warm and friendly, but also reserved and a bit aloof.

Powers & Tactics:

Bishop can teleport himself with a remarkable degree of skill. He is also capable of “micro†teleports which lets him dodge attacks and avoid damage more effectively.

His mask plugs into the optical nerve where his right eye once was. It delivers tactical information, input from video cameras in the area, and interfaces with computer systems, including the one built into a small backpack on his costume.

He prefers to dart in and out of a battle using hit and run tactics to confuse and disrupt his enemies. He can teleport behind full cover, keeping tabs on his targets with cameras in the area or ones he might deploy on site, then strike and withdraw again quickly.

His primary weapon is a specially designed "scepter" which works with and enhances muntant teleportation abilities and has some additional useful features. He can use it to channel his teleportation power to teleport someone it touches, or to "rend" them by teleporting away parts of them or teleporting slightly into them. Smoke/stun grenades are launched from the top of the scepter. The light smoke only blocks normal vision, not the infrared of his mask or his video camera. A "limpet" dispenser built into the butt of the sceptre releases a "snare limpet" which sticks to a target on contact and fires coils of snare wire, entangling the target. Lastly, the sceptre can enhance his natural teleporting ability, greatly extending his range and carrying capacity.

His costume also includes a miniaturized, folding paraglider. His favorite strategy is to teleport high into the sky where he can slowly drift as he analyzes and prepares his battle plans. During downtime, he does this to monitor reports and keep an eye out for trouble spots he can teleport to instantly.

Complications:

A Mystery to Solve: He is willing to go to great lengths to find out what happened to his family and to avenge the death of his wife.

Owes One to the Big Guys: Bishop is not an official member of The Freedom League, but they have helped him a lot and he has an obligation to them. Also, since he makes frequent use of his Connected feat, bartering favors as he does so; he almost always owes favors to various powerful individuals.

"The Game is Afoot!": Bishop prefers to match wits with “mastermind†supervillians and he won't back down from an intellectual challenge.

Two-Face's Twin Brother: Bishop is scarred over half his face and upper torso from burns. This sometimes gets a negative reaction, though the scars are usually covered by his mask and costume. He is not concerned with his appearance, but the scars do remind him of what he has lost.

Abilities: 0 + 0 + 6 + 16 + 6 + 2 = 30PP

Strength: 10 (+0)

Dexterity: 10 (+0)

Constitution: 16 (+3)

Intelligence: 26 (+8)

Wisdom: 16 (+3)

Charisma: 12 (+1)

Combat: 8 + 6 = 14PP

Initiative: +8 (Speed of Thought)

Attack: +4 Base; +4 Melee (+10 Scepter), 0 Ranged (One Eye)

Grapple: +3

Defense: +9 (+3 Base, +6 Shield), +2 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -0

Saving Throws: 4 + 4 + 7 = 15PP

Toughness: +3/+6/+10 (+3 Con, +3 Protection (Costume), +4 Defensive Roll)

Fortitude: +7 (+3 Con)

Reflex: +4 (+0 Dex)

Will: +10 (+3 Wis)

Skills: 40R = 10PP

Computers 6 (+14) (Mastery)

Diplomacy 9 (+10) (Mastery)

Disable Device 1 (+9)

Investigate 2 (+10)

Knowledge: Streetwise 2 (+10)

Knowledge: Tactics 7 (+15) (Mastery)

Knowledge: Technology 2 (+10)

Knowledge: Others (+8)

Notice 2 (+5)

Search 2 (+10)

Sense Motive 7 (+10) (Mastery)

Feats: [18PP]

Attack Specialization 3 (Scepter)

Benefit 3:

Knowledge (Tactics) in place of Stealth to set up a surprise attack, in the place of Notice or Sense Motive to detect an ambush or avoid a feint in combat, and in place of an Intelligence check for the Master Plan feat.

Connected

Eidetic Memory

Elusive Target

Equipment 1 [5EP]

Luck

Master Plan

Online Research

Power Attack

Set-up

Speed of Thought

Skill Mastery (Tactics, Diplomacy, Computers, Sense Motive)

Well-Informed

Equipment

Computer (Masterwork) [2EP]

IR Video Camera [2EP]

Mini Tracer [1EP]

Powers: 15 + 12 + 4 + 8 + 27 = 66PP

Device 5 "Scepter" (Easy to Lose, Restricted (Mutant Teleporters, all but grenades and limpets)) (Array [20 pts] (Feats: Alternative Power 4))

Base Power: Damage 10 (Extras: Penetrating) [20PP](Rend)

Alternate Power: Snare 10 (Extras: Transparent, Flaws: Range [Touch]) (Snare Wire Limpet)

Alternate Power: Obscure Vision 5 (Flaws: Normal Vision Only); Stun 4 (Extras: Ranged, Area (Burst), Linked to Obscure Vision) [21PP] (Smoke / Stun Grenades)

Alternate Power: Nauseate 10 [20PP](A disorienting teleport-in-place)

Alternate Power: Teleport 3 (Extras:Linked to Teleport Power (Increases power to rank 10: 1000' / Earth to Moon), Accurate, Feats: Progression 2 (Increases capacity to 1,000 lbs)) [15PP] (Teleport Booster)

Device 3 "Mask" (Hard to Lose) [12PP]

ESP 4 Vision, Extras: Simultaneous, Flaws: Medium (Video Cameras) [8PP]

Datalink 5 [5PP]

Infravision [1PP]

Super Senses 1 Vision range increment 100' [1pp]

Device 1 (5PP) "Costume" (Hard to Lose) [4PP]

Protection 3 [3PP]

Flight 2 Flaws: Gliding [2PP]

Shield 6 (Feats: Defensive Roll 2) (Defensive Teleport) (Mutation) [8PP]

Teleportation 7 (700' / 200 miles)(Extras: Accurate, Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Turnabout, Progression 1 (200 lbs), Moving Feint)[27pp]

Drawbacks: (-3) = -3PP

Disability (One Eye, Frequency: Common, Intensity: Moderate) [-3PP]

DC Block

ATTACK      RANGE     SAVE                        EFFECT

Rend        Touch     DC25 Toughness              Damage

Teleport    Touch     DC15 Fort (Staged)          Sickened, Nauseated, Helpless

Snare Limp. Touch     DC20 Reflex (Staged)        Entangled, Helpless

Stun Grnde  Range     DC14 Fort (Staged)          Dazed, Stunned, Unconscious  

Totals: Abilities (30) + Combat (14) + Saving Throws (15) + Skills (10) + Feats (18) + Powers (66) - Drawbacks (3) = 150/150 Power Points

Bishop,

I'll be frank with you here. As a Ref, this character is not looking good. .

There's very little room in happy, optimistic Freedom City for mercenary-minded, secret-ID-less Objectivists. This is not an Iron Age-friendly setting, not even close: we embrace Silver Age tropes, we don't tear them down. If you're a classic sci-fi fan, think the moral tone and worldview of Picard's Enterprise, not Blake's Liberator. You will find his moral system has very, very few defenders.

Elsewhere, new characters don't come in as Freedom League members, though it's fine for him to have worked with them in the past/gotten powers training from them. (That sort of reward should come in-character, once the Refs have seen you can actually do the job: and since the League has access to tactical geniuses and teleporters who will help them out of the goodness of their hearts rather than demanding anything in return...)

However, he's a well-written character with an interesting backstory, and you've made a good case for him, so I'm not going to turn you away. So, my suggestion is that you treat this character as Han Solo around the beginning of the first Star Wars movie: the grey-moraled guy who over the course of his first story makes the moral evolution from callous mercenary to brave, self-sacrificing hero. The "Knight in Sour Armor", the guy who grumbles and grouses about not getting paid enough for this, but then who throws himself on the grenade anyway is fine. The heartless Iron Age mercenary, or even the guy who comes across that way to others, is not fine at all. If he's coming across as a selfish prick, he's not being written in a way that fits into the setting.

Objectivists tend to be extremely moral,(well, technically, "virtuous"), but your point is well taken. My concept of him, and what people tend to automatically associate with objectivism, are very different. There is no need to confuse the issue, and I'm not interested in being a soap-box about it, regardless of my personal views. So, it's probably best to dump the unfortunately negatively-charged term. I will work on a re-write on that.

And, right, he is NOT a member of the Freedom League. But, they have his phone number.

Looking over the crunch!

1: Attack Bonus. 1/3 of your end attack bonus needs to come from base attack not mellee attack. (As per house rules). At present, your base attack is zero, so that needs to be looked at.

2: Your combined Defence and Toughness comes in just under PL10 Caps. This isn't a huge problem for me (although general advice is to be at caps initially) as its damn close to caps, but I draw your attention to it. Another +1 Toughness might be worth considering.

3: Your exotic saves are very low. General advice is to have them average out at PL -2. I wouldn't say no on the basis of these, but they may well get you squashed too quickly. I would have given him a much higher will save given his brain.

4. Equipment. You would have to specify which toolkit is masterwork, but seeing as he has no craft skills it seems a bit pointless full stop. Some stuff like Commlink and Wireless videocamera might be considered "free" in this setting, but lets see what others say. To be honest, I wonder whether he would need any equipment regularly really? If push comes to shove he could use a hero point to gain 1 rank of equipment feat on the cuff.

5: Utility Belt. I am, to be honest, not sure if the Stun Power also needs to have accurate 3 to bring it up to the same attack bonus as the power it is linked too. I would be inclined to say it does (As other linked powers, such as disintegrate, would make you pay for accurate twice).

Snare would only attack at +3 bonus at present. As far as I know, it doesn't need the independant extra: it carries on being a snare effect even if you switch array.

The Smoke / Stun Grenade thing I cant quite get my head around. I presume they are two linked powers both linked to your teleport?

6: Teleport Array. Base power fine. The two other ones seemed to be linked powers (could do with some tidying up). I am not sure why either (but particularly the damage effect) has will saves? would not fortitude be more appropriate? also, the damage effect even if its fortitude means it will have no effect against inanimate objects or constructs - is this what was intended? if not, it seems a straight toughness save might be better.

7: General note on offensive capabilities. Again, you are coming up slightly under caps (+9 attack from your teleport, +8 damage).

I personally find the thought of an attack having three effects potentially (teleport, damage, and stun) something to pause and think about!

Fluff looks nice!

Looking over the crunch!

1: Attack Bonus. 1/3 of your end attack bonus needs to come from base attack not mellee attack. (As per house rules). At present, your base attack is zero, so that needs to be looked at.

I paid, I thought, 6 points for base +3 attack and 6 points for +3 defense. Did I make a mistake there? (I'm not really super-well-versed in M&M, never having played live, but I'm trying to get my head around it.)

2: Your combined Defence and Toughness comes in just under PL10 Caps. This isn't a huge problem for me (although general advice is to be at caps initially) as its damn close to caps, but I draw your attention to it. Another +1 Toughness might be worth considering.

I think my toughness IS at cap (+10 is cap, right?), or does the Defensive Roll not count towards cap? My defense comes in at +9.

3: Your exotic saves are very low. General advice is to have them average out at PL -2. I wouldn't say no on the basis of these, but they may well get you squashed too quickly. I would have given him a much higher will save given his brain.

Yeah, I was thinking that, too. I'll look at adjusting that.

4. Equipment. You would have to specify which toolkit is masterwork, but seeing as he has no craft skills it seems a bit pointless full stop. Some stuff like Commlink and Wireless videocamera might be considered "free" in this setting, but lets see what others say. To be honest, I wonder whether he would need any equipment regularly really? If push comes to shove he could use a hero point to gain 1 rank of equipment feat on the cuff.

I think I was thinking Disable Device, but it is pretty pointless. He can really do that with a hero point? Heck yeah, that changes things.

5: Utility Belt. I am, to be honest, not sure if the Stun Power also needs to have accurate 3 to bring it up to the same attack bonus as the power it is linked too. I would be inclined to say it does (As other linked powers, such as disintegrate, would make you pay for accurate twice).

Snare would only attack at +3 bonus at present. As far as I know, it doesn't need the independant extra: it carries on being a snare effect even if you switch array.

Hmm.. Yeah, you're right. I'll change that.

The Smoke / Stun Grenade thing I cant quite get my head around. I presume they are two linked powers both linked to your teleport?

No, just linked to each other, not to teleport. They are mainly for the smoke concealment. (I had extra points, so threw in a stun effect for the lols). But they do not work in conjunction with teleport. He'd fire this off, then teleport around and mess folks up while they couldn't see exactly where he was. Or, that's the idea, anyways.

6: Teleport Array. Base power fine. The two other ones seemed to be linked powers (could do with some tidying up). I am not sure why either (but particularly the damage effect) has will saves? would not fortitude be more appropriate? also, the damage effect even if its fortitude means it will have no effect against inanimate objects or constructs - is this what was intended? if not, it seems a straight toughness save might be better.

The other two powers are intended to be attacks linked to a little bit of teleport. The idea is that he can use them to teleport a resisting target, or teleport himself AND a resisting target, and also mess them up a bit in the process.

The damage effect was not intended to have a will save. In cutting and pasting I left than in inadvertently and will edit accordingly.

The nausea I made Will because it is about disorientation. Could go either way, though. I'm not married to either.

7: General note on offensive capabilities. Again, you are coming up slightly under caps (+9 attack from your teleport, +8 damage).

I personally find the thought of an attack having three effects potentially (teleport, damage, and stun) something to pause and think about!

Right, his power is a little under the max possible single effect, but I thought that would be compensated by the fact it does stack on so much nastiness. His main tactic is to look for every opportunity to use maneuvers to crank up the damage. He can feint with a +14, surprise with a +15, put on stuns and such, and then hit with a +5 power attack. As I wrote him, he could teleport, stun, and either damage or nauseate all at once.

If there is concern that is OP, (which I completely understand) I'll be happy to redesign it and would appreciate any suggestions for appropriate changes. I'm all about making him fun to play WITH as much as fun for me to play. :)

I paid, I thought, 6 points for base +3 attack and 6 points for +3 defense. Did I make a mistake there? (I'm not really super-well-versed in M&M, never having played live, but I'm trying to get my head around it.)

You did indeed! However, it is labelled as "+3 Mellee", when it should be "+3 Base"! You mislead me! ;)

I think my toughness IS at cap (+10 is cap, right?), or does the Defensive Roll not count towards cap? My defense comes in at +9.

I was referring to the combination of toughness and defence. You can "trade off" so for instance raise your toughness to PL +2 and keep your defence to PL -2. The combination of your defence and toughness is thus slightly below caps: together they can come to your PL x2 (maximum of +15 in either).

The other two powers are intended to be attacks linked to a little bit of teleport. The idea is that he can use them to teleport a resisting target, teleport himself AND a resisting target, and also mess them up a bit in the process.

The damage effect was not intended to have a will save. In cutting and pasting I left than in inadvertently and will edit accordingly.

The nausea I made Will because it is about disorientation. Could go either way, though. I'm not married to either.

I will let someone else voice an opinion on that. :D I can see where you are coming from, I wonder if there is a better way to do it mechanically?

Looks a lot neater, did a few tidy ups.

One question for you, and its only for consideration: at this point he would lose all offensive powers without his sceptre (an easy to lose device). Of course he could possibly stunt something off his teleport power, and he can still teleport and has a groovy intellect.

Just checking you are ok with that.

Looks a lot neater, did a few tidy ups.

One question for you, and its only for consideration: at this point he would lose all offensive powers without his sceptre (an easy to lose device). Of course he could possibly stunt something off his teleport power, and he can still teleport and has a groovy intellect.

Just checking you are ok with that.

That thought had occurred to me, actually. That's one reason my original design had things more split up so he had offensive capabilities even without the sceptre. One thing I did with the new design, though, is put back in the "Set-up" feat. If he loses his offensive capabilities, he could still work to maximize that of his allies, giving them the benefit of his +14 feint.

But, yeah, without the scepter... he's going to have to get REALLY creative...

Ok, I think it's ready for your re-review. I've implemented all of the points made, I think...

In short, here is what I did:

I made his teleport just a straight up power with no array.

His offensive powers (maybe not a good idea, I don't know) are in the scepter. With it, he can teleport other / minor nauseate, do damage, snare, or do the smoke / stun thing. There won't be a huge pile of effects all at once on some poor mook. (Still, accurate teleport up to 300' away can make for some "interesting" options.)

I've boosted my saves, got my damage / toughness a bit closer to max (but still not quite there), and updated the fluff to reflect the big changes.

... I can't help but think I forgot something...

Sorry for delay, RL curveballs recently!

This look worthy of approval to me, and an interesting character, although I still think his teleport should be limited to diagonally only! ;)

I have put the defensive roll feat into the shield power, I hope that is OK. No need to have them separate really - mainly for tidiness, but secondarily its more PP to stunt something off that if he should wish.

I am going to make a final few optional points on optimisation:

1. With a high dodge bonus and defensive roll, and no intitiave bonus - that may be a problem. He is going to lose many initiative rolls and end up flat footed, giving his +2 defence and +6 toughness. I would consider investing in uncanny dodge, or something like speed of thought (allowing him to use his INT bonus for initiative bonus and thus get +8) feats. The Set Up Feat is not worth it without Bluff skill.

2. The Sceptre Array. The alternate Powers here have 21 PP available. The damage power is only 10PP as far as I can see. You could perhaps add an extra to that like penetrating, or even ranged (well, as he can teleport the effect...)

3. As it stands it looks like Bishop will be affected by his Smoke/Stun Grenades. You could perhaps throw in appropriate powers into his mask to counter that? (such as immunity to own powers for 1 PP). I guess his IR vision will see through it, as the smoke affects normal vision only, but the stun will still affect him. Of course this may not be a problem, as its a ranged area of affect thingy.

Sorry for delay, RL curveballs recently!

Not a problem. I was expecting it to take a few days at least. That seems to be the case with most characters I've checked out. No worries, especially when it means I get the awesome feedback I've been getting! :)

This look worthy of approval to me, and an interesting character, although I still think his teleport should be limited to diagonally only! ;)

Man, that made me laugh! "Oh, no! He is standing right in front of me! My teleport power is useless! What can I possibly do!" Thinks for a moment. "Ah HAH!, I've got it!" Turns 45 degrees to the right. "Now you will taste -- hey! Stand still! Stop trying to get in front of me like that!"

I have put the defensive roll feat into the shield power, I hope that is OK. No need to have them separate really - mainly for tidiness, but secondarily its more PP to stunt something off that if he should wish.

Cool! Actually, I thought they should be in a container together, just not sure how to code it, and didn't think it made a difference. Thanks!

1. With a high dodge bonus and defensive roll, and no intitiave bonus - that may be a problem. He is going to lose many initiative rolls and end up flat footed, giving his +2 defence and +6 toughness. I would consider investing in uncanny dodge, or something like speed of thought (allowing him to use his INT bonus for initiative bonus and thus get +8) feats.

What?! Oh HELL yeah! I didn't know about that feat! I was aware of the problem and it niggled at me. That's one reason I got the Seize the Initiative feat, but burning an HP every time, I knew that would still be a problem.

The Set Up Feat is not worth it without Bluff skill.

I have the power feat of "use 2x movement to feint." That's what I was planning to use to set up folks. That works, doesn't it?

2. The Sceptre Array. The alternate Powers here have 21 PP available. The damage power is only 10PP as far as I can see. You could perhaps add an extra to that like penetrating, or even ranged (well, as he can teleport the effect...)

Oooh.. nice catch. I thought it was 2pp per level. Yes, I can add something nasty to that. Penetrating, probably. That would make sense.

3. As it stands it looks like Bishop will be affected by his Smoke/Stun Grenades. You could perhaps throw in appropriate powers into his mask to counter that? (such as immunity to own powers for 1 PP). I guess his IR vision will see through it, as the smoke affects normal vision only, but the stun will still affect him. Of course this may not be a problem, as its a ranged area of affect thingy.

Right. The idea is that his IR can see though it, but he'd teleport just out of the area (to avoid the stun), fire in the grenade, then get ready to strike wherever there is a weakness to exploit. He'd have to do that at the very beginning before his friends wade in, since they'd get hit with the stun, too. He also would have to consider whether his allies can see through the smoke. It's probably going to be more of a "fighting solo" tool to help even the odds against multiple opponents, or for situations where he needs a covering screen, the way smoke grenades are used in warfare.

Defensive Roll should be a PF of Shield, not an extra. (After all, its a feat!) It's a good idea to put the two together, though.

Something I'm not clear on: with the access to high-tech he has, why doesn't he just give himself a new eye? (This isn't saying you can't do that; look at Oracle, Echo, or other disabled comics characters; just that there ought to be a reason!)

Defensive Roll should be a PF of Shield, not an extra. (After all, its a feat!) It's a good idea to put the two together, though.

Cool. I'll fix that.

Something I'm not clear on: with the access to high-tech he has, why doesn't he just give himself a new eye? (This isn't saying you can't do that; look at Oracle, Echo, or other disabled comics characters; just that there ought to be a reason!)

There is. It's actually something I was going to explore in an early thread or journal entry. Basically, it's the same reason he still has the scars: it's all that he has left. He was offered the opportunity to have all that fixed and he turned it down. Whether he's doing it out of a feeling of guilt, or out of memory of his family, even he is not entirely clear. It just didn't feel right to him.

Would it be better to put that in his sheet?

The construction of his Device is off: Restricted is a PF on the Device itself, not of its individual powers.

Make sure the format for powers you are using matches the format of our sheets.

I see what you mean about the Restricted. The idea I had was that its teleportation enhancement powers had to have "teleport power" channeled though it to work, so those functions could only be used by someone who had pretty much the same kind of teleport power he does. However, the grenades and limpets are triggered mechanically, and so could be used by anyone picking the thing up. I'll see if I can figure out a way to elegantly word that in the Device power itself.

I copied the format directly from the sample sheet, so it should be the same, but after lots of cutting and pasting, maybe not so much. I'll go through it again to see if I can find any problems.