Outdoor Show

Lone Star

"I wasn't really sure which brand to get, but it's a tenor Yamaha. I figured that they make pretty good quality...everything. I just figured you'd like to hear your man show off his sensitive and artistic side. And uhh, about the George Michael song. I happen to kind of have a thing for him. Not him, you know, but his music."

She barely heard him as she gently cradled the instrument, her fingers working the valves as several strands of hair lovingly caressed the sinus curves of the sax. "I love it; it almost looks like it was designed by another species, you know? Something aquatic, like a nautilus." She placed her lips upon the mouthpiece and gave a tentative little blow, which of course produced a discordant honk. "Hah. Musical instruments are among the most beautiful things humanity has ever devised, along with cameras and microscopes. Acoustics and optics..."

With a reluctant sigh, she handed the sax back to its owner, while a golden tendril offered him a drink. "Here you are, and this is for you, as well." She raised her own glass. "Cheers."

• 2 weeks later...

"We'll have to have a duet sometime, babe. Cheers to you as well." Gregory took a sip, and gave her a sweet kiss on the cheek. The two retired some time later, when the moon hung high above them.

------

Unbeknownst to the happy couple, an angry rocker sat in a prison cell, fuming with rage. He shook the bars and screamed out. "Let me out of this hell-hole!" At once, a man walked down the corridor, but he was no guard. He wore a sharp suit, the coat and slacks black as sin, and a pressed shirt white as an angel's robe. "Who the hell are you?" Guitarmageddon asked.

"Just call me Mr. Infamy." the man said. "Let's make a deal."