Visiting Hours (IC)

Fox

As her light headed laugh was cut off pleasantly, Jill pulled Dragonfly tighter against her with a muffled growl, leaning back in the chair as she did so. Unfortunately, the distracted medic hadn't accounted for the inventor's weight on top of her own, and neither had the chair manufacturers. The front legs lifted into the air, the entire seat balancing precariously at the tipping point just long enough for Jill to break the kiss and let out a startled yipe before they fell backward onto the office floor beside the bed sheet covered desk. The taller girl managed to keep her head up until Mara knocked the wind out of her, at which point she bounced loudly off of the hardwood. "Ow..." she muttered, bringing a softly glowing hand to cradle her own head. "You okay?"

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragonfly let out a startled noise as the chair tipped past the point of no return, just in time to see the floor start rushing up at them. Fortunately - or unfortunately, depending on who you were - Jill was there to break her fall and the engineer landed flat on top of her, pulling her head back barely in time to keep her skull from whipping forward and either hitting the floor over Jill's shoulder, or Jill's own head. It took her a moment to collect her wits, but she shook her head. "Am alright. You? Sort of...broke my fall. .....sorry. Floor isn't very forgiving. Chair imps...have awful timing."

"Heh, stupid chair imps," Jill chuckled through a wince, as she probed her head with her fingers, the pale blue aura like sunlight through a forest canopy making sure that any damage was speedily repaired. "M'alright. Perks of the witchy woman routine. Stings like all get out, though." Usually she could use her powers to numb pain as well, but she was reluctant to use that particular application on herself, especially on her head.

"Mmh." Dragonfly tapped a finger on the floor, carefully rolling off the healer and making her way around to the other side of her desk, pulling open a drawer and rummaging for a moment. She eventually found and pulled out three little pill bottles that, from the look of them, were either new or unopened; these got lined up on the front of the desk. "General head pain, headache, migraine," she noted in turn, shrugging. "Effective - migraine one is very strong. Over-the-counter though. Barely use them, but like to have them on hand."

With a huff, Jill rose to her feet with practiced grace more than a little tarnished by her woozy stumble. The glow about her hand subsided as she looked over the row of bottles, her expression turning concerned. "Mara, that's... a lot of painkillers," she observed hesitantly, biting her lip. The fact that the pills were largely untouched did away with the uglier possibilities, but they raised more than a few red flags to the prospective med student. Chronic pain? Could have been hurting her without knowing, she fretted silently.

The engineer just frowned, looking down at the bottles with a shrug. "Barely use them. Once every few weeks, maybe. Like to have a variety on hand so I can use the minimum strength required. Refuse to-"

She blinked, realizing she'd provided absolutely no context whatsoever. "Mmh. Chronic migraines," she noted in a matter-of-fact tone, pointing at her head. "Not so bad unless they keep me from sleeping."

"Aw, muñequita," Jill murmured, rapidly forgetting about her own head injury. "Have you gotten it checked out or- wait, sorry, stupid question." The medic waved on hand in dismissive apology before Dragonfly could respond. Obviously the inventor would have already dealt with the frequent headaches if it was that easy. "I... I'm not sure how much my powers could help, but I want you to call me the next time it gets really bad, okay?" she said seriously, before her expression shifted to a smirk that was only a little forced. "And before you start, yes, I'm saying you should have me come over the next time you're not going to sleep all night anyway."

"Mmh." Dragonfly was apparently glad that she wouldn't have to explain why she had or hadn't had her head looked at, and made a show of raising an eyebrow and stroking her chin to think the idea over. "Deal - will make sure to call you in event of terrible migraine, health-threatening invention testing, or inexplicable aversion to sleep. Distraction is helpful. Also healing, I suppose."

She frowned, though, and added, "Thank you, however. Honestly. Dislike painkillers - why I use them only as a last resort, and barely then. A very infrequent need, but...will return the favor somehow."

"Well, you'd better be calling sometimes anyway," Jill warned wryly, a little shyness creeping into her voice as she brushed at her unruly bangs, the pain from the fall quickly subsiding with any actual damage repaired. As some of the raw excitement subsided, it was beginning to sink in with a pleasant tingle of anticipation that this wasn't a singular event. Guess I know now why I never really looked forward to a second date before. Hee, 'date'. Her smile broadening, she looked over the desk still strewn with take-out. "Tell you what, let's find a fridge for some of this. And, uh..." The medic made a show of nonchalantly restacking cartons atop the pizza box. "I've got class tomorrow, but d'you maybe want to get together on Saturday? Could start on the language stuff?"

Dragonfly frowned at the remaining piles of food - not to mention the food that hadn't quite made it to the desk - and tilted her head. "Didn't make much progress there, did we. Feel free to take whatever you like home. Rest...mmh." She joined the healer in stacking and re-bagging, thinking back on rooms she hadn't visited in a while. "Social commons not far from here. Should have a fridge...."

She cleared her throat, pausing for just a moment in her bagging as her brain caught up with the whole 'date' thing. At least the afternoon had given her plenty of practice in just going with the flow... "Mmh. Yes," she replied, trying so very hard to keep her cool. "Saturday sounds...good. Could meet you here, or gave you my warehouse address earlier, either is quiet enough for language exchange....."

"Cool," Jill replied, not even attempting to hide her satisfied grin as she continued to help gather the excessive amounts of food. If perhaps it took an extra trip or two to the common room to transport it all once she slipped one hand into Dragonfly's, that seemed a small price to pay. The temptation to draw things out further was strong, but the younger girl did have to get up for classes at Claremont in the morning, and after a goodnight kiss she redonned her mask and rode the elevator back down to the lobby, plastic bag of food in hand.

Humming to herself, she still noticed the flat look the serious gentleman at the reception desk gave her, evidently still on duty well after the Lab was closed to the public. Making a short detour to the desk, she reached into her bag and placed a cylinder wrapped in thin paper in front of the surprised man. "Have a gyro!" she told him without explanation, then turned back toward the door, humming again, a slight skip in her step.