A Hero's Quickening (OOC)

Cubist

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A hit!!!

1d20+5=21 Bruised!

Anarchist staggers back and moves to the flames as a move action, firing again as a standard action. As Jube is so hard to hit, he is going to shift +2 Attack, -2 Damage.

1d20+8=10 But to no avail!

For the next round: The smoke is sufficient to cause partial concealment, meaning a 17-20 roll will mean a miss. However, I note that Jubatus has tactile motion senses (which are accurate) so he can ignore this! If only the boss knew that, eh?

Hmm. I thought there wasn't any more bonfire, because Jube succeeded in extinguishing it? Of course, the smoke from the bonfire should still hang in the air for a while after the fire goes out... how long would depend mostly on the building's ventilation systems, I think... so yeah, the smoke could well be an impediment to the leader of the perps, while not affecting Jube much (if at all).

Anyhow, Jube will take another swing at the perp...

Third attack roll on anarchist (1d20+12=32)

... and roll a natural 20!? Yow! If I'm not misreading the rules, this should be a Critical Hit. I'll just take Increased Effect for an additional +5 on Jube's Attack Bonus, thanks, thus raising the total Attack Bonus to 12.

One could ask: Why doesn't Jube use his own fire extinguisher -- the hand-held job he keeps in a vast pocket -- to 'dazzle' this final perp? The answer is, Jube's getting tired and hungry and he's not thinking as clearly as he normally does. Running on adrenaline at the moment, really. After this encounter is finished, I figure the cheetah's gonna dash back to his home and get a good night's sleep, which will be a decent endpoint for this thread. Of course, "a good night's sleep" will be only 1-2 hours long, seeing as how Jube is permanently stuck at a default tempo (acceleration factor) of 6* normal...

Bonfire ... no... Smoke still lingers though. I was thinking more of backing into the smouldering remains.

And yes, that is a crritical hit.

So its a DC 27 Toughness ROll, he is Bruised once so only +4 TOughness

1d20+4=15 Which is a fail by 12. Bruised, Stunned, Staggered.

At this point however, I will handwave as he is effectively out for the count. Feel free to post with full control over how you take him down!

Hmmm... nothing fancy on the final takedown, I think; just a hard hit, after which Jube stops himself from *really* hurting the idiot, instead choosing to duct-tape him into oblivion. After that, Jube spends a little time confirming that the fire really is out, that the ruddy shotgun blasts didn't hit anything important, and that the idiot perps did not leave any unpleasant surprises behind. Then he leaves the room to chase down the perps who ran away... only to be greeted by a pleasant surprise: The idiot perps are lying down in the corridor. Jube left the tied-up hostages in the corridor; the idiots didn't notice said hostages when they (the idiots) were fleeing blindly; the idiots trip over the organic speed-bumps, and manage to knock themselves out, or at least render themselves stunned/staggered. Jube duct-tapes these idiots into oblivion, after which he resumes his exhaustive search of the building, in order to confirm whether or not there are any more perps to be dealt with.

Then, after he's confident that all the perps have been caught and taped, Jube will bring the hostages outside and report his activities to the cops. Jube will take note of those parts of the story where he made foolish errors, and conclude that he needs to get some sleep and some food, not necessarily in that order. When the cops are satisfied, Jube will run away to get the food and sleep he needs..... and that's where the curtain falls, I think.