Slick Retirement?

Supercape

I have been focussing a bit on Slick recently, and for some reason I am not particularly getting into the character.

To be honest, I created him/her as a bit of a challenge - I always found it hard or difficult to RP female characters, and after reading a RPG book and a listening to a friend, I took the decision to try and bite off what I was avoiding. I'm not sure it has worked however, which is hardly to my credit but there it is.

I am now pondering whether to persevere, B) kill Slick off, or c) retire him/her to NPC status. Haven't decided on any of them yet.

Any thoughts on this? and how what would the process of b)or c) involve?

Retiring is easy, you just tell us you want to either Archive hir or NPC hir (and if so, which Tier NPC Slick'd be in).

Killing off is also (hypothetically) easy, and I add in that qualifier because it's not actually been done here before. Just come up with a Dying Moment of Awesome for the character, and you can either do it as a Solo thread, or see if you can get some Ref to help you run it.

Isn't slick involved in Breakdown's thread with Maestro? Perhaps he could get his Dying Moment of Awesome there? Maestro triumphantly returns and causes the death of one of the city's heroes. Then BD kicks his ass for it, followed by a soliloquy from the older hero as he passes on?

I recently tackled the female character thing too. It was hard at first, but it got easier. That being said, it did take me about 10 years of playing RPG's to actually TAKE the challenge. It's hard, I know, but the reward is pretty good if you can stick it out :)

After contemplation, my conclusions!

1. I am a muppet. I thought I would break myself "easy" into RPing a female by playing a transgender bisexual hermaphrodite. Anyone see the flaw here?

2. I am going to persevere [for now]

3. I am going to do a little reworking a tidying up of concept and powers to make it easier on my psyche. Although it may make the actual powers more complicated.

One of the problems with Slick has always been what is "Slicks" innate form. I am going to answer that thanks to the community heres perception - i.e. its going to be an amorphous largely fluid Oil Slick. And thats going to be how "he" heroes, morphing into human forms for socials - possibly to hero in too.

I'm going to work out the details but it seems to fit more neatly in my head. It makes Slick a bit more alien.

I will have a think about the Maestro thread. As there may be moderate (nothing serious) reworkings to the structure of Slicks powers (Im not talking a new character) that may fit in.