All Your Bank Are Belong To Us [GM][IC]

ex3lev3n

Cobalt Templar glanced at the bank...and then back at Wander. Part of him wanted to go smash the robots, so the cops took less risk. But a bigger part of him realized Wander needed to get out of there right away. He took a few steps forward.

"I can carry you with my Telekinesis. Is that alright with you? I'll try to limit my speed, and keep you close at hand, just in case."

His ring's glow intensified, but he seemed to refrain from actually extending a "helping hand" until Wander gave the go-ahead.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erin nodded. "That's fine, CT." She'd been carried with telekinesis more than once, and knew that the best way to ride was by staying entirely still and making it easy for the carrier to get a good hold. That was absolutely fine with her battered body. She took one more look at the bank, where the police were already forming a cordon, then nodded to her classmate. "I"m ready when you are," she said, and relaxed into the telekinetic grip.

Cobalt Templar nodded. He lifted his right hand, and a vague hand of blue fire slowly wrapped around Wander. It did not burn her; in fact, it was only warm, feeling like nothing so much as a car seat that had been in the sun for a couple of hours. She felt no true pressure, but instead it was as if she was wrapped in an air cushion.

"I'll go about half speed. Should still get us there fairly quick."

With that, he lifted off, Wander keeping pace with him about 5 feet to his right. It wasn't long before they were moving at a bit over 100 mph, with CT occasionally checking on her condition as they quickly made their way to Claremont Academy.

It was just a few minutes later when he was approaching the school grounds.

"Where should I land us?"

"Anywhere on the quad is fine, as long as it's a gentle drop," Erin told him ruefully. "I'll be fine with a night's rest, it just sucks for now. Damn thing sucker punched me. At least it didn't get a chance to hurt anyone. You did well tonight," she told him seriously. "That was a tough situation, and you kept cool and reacted just like you needed to. That's not easy when you're not used to being in real life situations. I'm glad I had you there backing me up."

"Anywhere on the quad is fine, as long as it's a gentle drop," Erin told him ruefully. "I'll be fine with a night's rest, it just sucks for now. Damn thing sucker punched me. At least it didn't get a chance to hurt anyone. You did well tonight," she told him seriously. "That was a tough situation, and you kept cool and reacted just like you needed to. That's not easy when you're not used to being in real life situations. I'm glad I had you there backing me up."
It was only moments before they were at ground level. Erin didn't experience a gentle drop; as a point of fact, she experienced no drop at all. CT's telekinesis gently set her down, feet-first, on the ground. His TK didn't release until he was sure she had a firm footing on her own power.

"Thank you, Wander...Erin. It wasn't the very first time I'd done the whole "hero thing", but it was close. Thanks for being willing to work with me on this. Are you sure you don't need a nurse or something?"

As he spoke, the armored suit over his body started to turn transparent, and then crumble into the wind. Within a minute, all that was left was the blue domino mask on his face; otherwise, he was dressed in typical casual wear. The mask itself faded, revealing Corbin Hughes standing there, a look of concern on his face, his arms crossed over his chest.

"You look like you're really hurting still."

The young woman known to the student body of Claremont as Jill Pique strode out of the campus library with one arm full of textbooks and the other attempting the cram them into her large messenger bag. Between her studies and 'part time job', her schedule over the past months had been erratic, forcing her to take advantage of the library's late hours to pick up a few books she'd been meaning to get around to. Even distracted as she was, it was hard to miss the pair of figures touching down lightly in the middle of the courtyard, nor did she miss that one of them appeared to be one of her few acquaintances at Claremont. What caught the prospective medical student's attention most, however, was the pained gait of the other girl's stance and the concerned manner of the broad shouldered teen with her. Hurrying over, she reflexive moved to attend to Erin's wounds, one hand swimming with pale blue light that shone more obviously in the dim evening. "One side, Tiny. What happened to you?"

Even in the blue light from Jill's powers, it was easy to see Erin's flush of embarrassment at being caught injured. "I'm okay," she told Corbin and Jill at the same time, even as her ribs seemed to be trying to poke every internal organ they could reach. "Got sucker punched in a fight out on patrol. You should see the other guy, not to mention the street all around us. But I've gotten a lot worse than this before. I just need to rest for a little while and I'll be fine."

Corbin stepped to one side as Jill walked up. He didn't recognize her, but she seemed to know what she was doing. Thus, he assumed she would help the situation. He frowned at Erin's response.

"All due respect, Erin, but you're not "fine". She's offering to heal you. It's clearly not going to consume finite physical resources. Wouldn't it be more tactically sound to be healed up, in case a crisis pops up? Which...doesn't seem impossible in this city. Point is, no harm in letting her heal you. After all, isn't that what you'd be insisting for anyone under your command?"

Jill responded to the large young man's impassioned reasoning with a terse snort. "It's cute you think I was actually asking permission," she drawled, leaving Erin's embarrassment unremarked upon as she placed the faintly glowing hand on the other girl's cheek and concentrated, frowning slightly. Although she could feasibly repair the damage through clothing, it tended to make things trickier, especially when the durable materials of superhero uniforms were involved. "It'll take like one sec." The extradimensional survivalist felt a soothing coolness where Jill made contact, followed immediately by a wave of liquid warmth that spread outward. Within moments, the aches and pains that had her hunched over had disappeared. Taking a step back out of her classmate's personal space, Jill admired her handiwork. "I really am fantastic to have around."

Erin stiffened when Jill touched her and started to use her powers, but remained still to let the healer do her work. It felt really weird, but it didn't hurt. The pain in her chest began to ease immediately, and she could almost feel the bones moving back into place and her body knitting itself back together again. She took an experimental breath, pleased when it didn't even twinge. "It's true," she acknowledged with a half-nod. "Feels a lot better already. Thanks."

Corbin just shook his head at Jill's sarcasm.

"Point is, you've got her healed up. Thank you. I'd hate to have "got my team leader half-killed" go on my record or something.

That was pretty nifty, though. Your powers let you heal, just like that? That is definitely impressive."

He glances at Erin, nodding at her visually improved state. His arms uncrossed, his hands finding their way into his pockets.

"Well, seems like everything's taken care of...do we need to fill out more paperwork, Erin, or can I just go do some homework and hang out with Blake for a bit?"

Once she was satisfied that Erin has fully recovered, Jill glanced at Corbin then back to the other girl. "He says 'nifty' unironically and offers to help with the paperwork? What boyscout camp did you kidnap him from?" Turning her full attention to the towering young man, she extended her hand, which had stopped glowing. "Sorry, Shortround, I usually wait for a proper introduction before giving somebody a hard time. Jill Pique. And it's not exactly 'just like that', but you've got the idea, yeah."

Erin popped her neck, still looking vaguely embarrassed. "We were out on training maneuvers," she told Jill. "I was supposed to be showing him the ropes, how to look for trouble without getting hurt, stuff like that. I managed to show him the first part, at least. I think I've been slacking off a little too much lately, gotta get back into the simulator."

Brushing asphalt dust off her uniform, she looked to Corbin. "No, don't worry about it. I'll report in about what we did, the bank robbery and all that. You don't have to worry about that sort of thing yet. You can go do whatever." She sighed. "And trust me, you'd be in a lot less trouble if I got killed than I would be if you did. Never volunteer to command anything."

Corbin rolled his eyes at Jill's sarcasm, but still gave a friendly smile when he shook her hand.

"Name's Corbin, Corbin Hughes. And Temple of Doom was probably my least favorite of the trilogy. And what's wrong with using "nifty"? It's a serviceable word."

He just shakes his head as he releases Jill's from their handshake.

"Never was in the Boy Scouts. Wait, that was you giving me a hard time, too. Yeah, I'm already seeing the pattern."

He turned as Erin spoke, seeming to take in her words with serious contemplation.

"No paperwork? Cool. More time to draw, then. Got all my homework done early so I could relax.

As for slacking off, you crushed that one robot's head out of nowhere. You definitely didn't do badly out there.

About commanding stuff...I suppose I'll keep that in mind. As well as try not to die."

Jill responded to Corbin's reproachful head shaking and eye rolling by shutting one eyelid in an exaggerated wink and pointing both index fingers at him with her thumbs upward. "You're quick, little buddy; I can tell I'm going to have to bring my A game with you." A short, flat breath blew a few unruly bangs off of her forehead as the coltish teen crossed her arms. "And of course you don't like Temple. Nobody likes Temple, the only thing it's got going for it is it's not the new one, with whatshisface, the guy from the -- sorry, did you say robots?" she asked abruptly switching gears mid-sentence and glancing over to Erin for confirmation.

"Yeah," Erin said with an offhanded shrug. "Bunch of little robots and one big robot all trying to rob a bank downtown. The little ones weren't a big deal, but the big one had some more juice. It tore up the street some and got a hit in on me when I wasn't paying enough attention. We took out the big one and most of the little guys, but I didn't want to go into the bank for the last few without more backup and knowing the scene. The weapons the police carry would be enough to take out the last few." She rubbed the back of her neck, then resettled her blue headband. "Lots of robot villains in Freedom City, lots of human villains who like using them."

"Shia LeBouf, from Transformers. The worst thing to happen to Indy was aliens. The commies weren't quite as bad."

At her question regarding the presence of robots, Corbin nodded. He held his right hand out in front of him, at chest level, and seemed to concentrate. Slowly, blue energy leaked out of his ring. It started to take shape...

"Yeah. The big one was almost the same design, just a difference in size. No imagination or artistry with these villains. Here you go, here's what they looked like. Except less blue, more metal."

Indeed, in front of the teens floated a slightly transparent model of the robots Corbin and Erin had faced. It moved around a bit, miming firing energy weapons and the like. It obviously took a fair amount of concentration on Corbin's part to construct it.

"Nah, I meant the old guy from Sabrina," Jill drawled in a sarcastic deadpan, resting one hand on her hip and shifting her weight to that leg. "I mean, what's he doing in an action movie, right?" Spreading her arms wide enough that the overlapping bangle bracelets on her wrist clattered as they settled back into place, the girl caused a wave of pale blue energy to lift from her and form a similar energy construct across from Corbin's, this simulated robot considerably more translucent and lacking any fine detail. "Never get to fight robots," she groused, controlling the image's movements with a wave of her hand.

Erin really didn't understand what Jill and Corbin were talking about in anything more than the broadest of terms, so she shrugged it off as unimportant. Instead she focused on what she did understand, which was fighting. "Would you want to fight a robot?" she asked Jill curiously. "I mean, I thought your power was giving diseases to things, besides the healing and all that. Could you give a robot a computer virus or something like that?" It seemed weird to her. "If you really want to, I'll take you to the Doom Room sometime and you can fight one."

Corbin frowned, as the robot dissolved...only for a blue fedora to materialize on his head, and a coiled whip to come to life at his belt. He looped his thumbs in his belt, suddenly talking with a bit of a drawl.

"Now see here, little lady. Mr. Harrison Ford is a great actor, especially in action-"

He stopped and frowned deeper.

"Wait, you're messing with me. Again."

He smirks as he tilts his head down a bit more.

"Does the extra-dense air down there make you sarcastic, or is it a special diet that gets you there?"

Jill may notice a glowing blue ruler that reaches 6 feet event...meaning it has 4 inches on her own height. Corbin's whip fades, but the hat remains. He taps his chin in thought.

"Erin has a point. I don't think robots get disease. Doesn't sound like you can make a computer virus, either. But hey, I'd be up for smashing more robots when we know they won't kill us or anything. What do you say, Marion?"

There's a mischievous glint in his eyes as he speaks.

With a smirk, Jill let her own robot dissipate into the air before forming a simple box under her feet using her mystically enhanced bioelectrical field. As the prism expanded in size, it pushed her up into the air until she the top of her dyed black hair stood several inches above Corbin's brown buzz-cut. "You don't want to play the glowing blue force field game with me, Gulliver," she warned with wry good humour, placing her hands on her hips and leaning forward slightly to address him. Turning to Erin, she nodded in agreement. "Well, the whole 'give people diseases' thing is both a harrowing after school special and kind of a last resort. Robots at least I don't have to feel bad about wailing on."

Erin stood by and watched the one-upmanship game quietly, without having much to contribute. She figured she had a good chance of destroying a forcefield if it were necessary, but that wasn't exactly the skill called for here. At least her ribs didn't hurt anymore, and in fact she was feeling very good, almost energized. "I'll take you both whenever you want to go," she told them. "You don't get access till you're on a team, but I can take you with me and show you how to do it."

Corbin turned to her, an eager expression on his face. The ruler, and any other constructions besides the hat he'd started to create, faded.

"Could you? That'd be..."

He gave a sidelong glance and smirk at Jill.

"Just keen."

He chuckled, then tilted his head a bit with curiosity.

"Wait, so we have to be on a team? How do we do that? Do we just gather random students together, or doe the faculty decide, or what?"

Hopping off of her own force field and letting it shimmer away into nothing with a faint, electrical pop, Jill let out a short breath, tossing her unruly black bangs into the air for a moment. "Don't go ruining the farmboy mystique with attempts at irony, now, half-pint," the teenage girl drawled before turning to Erin. "Makes sense, I guess. Wouldn't want people working out without a spotter. I'm game; I don't get a lot of butt kicking practice sans hermano."

"You can get together with other students to make a team, but the faculty will decide whether to make you official or not," Erin told Corbin and Jill. "Even if you're not on a team, you go down to the Doom Room for some simulation, powers training, things like that where you're supervised. But you can't sign up for a time slot or go down there on your own unless you're on a team or with someone who's on a team. Partly it's to keep people from doing stuff that's too dangerous, partly it's to keep the traffic down. There's only so many hours in the day, and a simulation can take hours to run."