Friends On the Science Side (IC)

Miss A had to grin at that, even if the grin was a little rueful. "Well, as long as it makes you happy," she told him. "I'm glad you managed to work it out and didn't get fired. I should stop in sometime." She noticed with satisfaction that Harrier's vital signs were back down to normal, now that he was a little more distracted. "All right, I think I've got a good set of baseline readings here on both of you. It'll take some time to work up the schematics I need for the field and to put together a holoemitter, but I think this has been an excellent investment of time. Was there anything else specifically that either of you has concerns about with your various cyborg parts?"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lance listens, hearing Murdock speaking so fondly of his job, he just can't help but smile, nodding. True, he's never been a big fan of kids like that, but after hearing things from Murdock's point of view, he definitely sees his point. Nodding, he speaks up after Miss. A talks about visiting his restaurant. "Ya know, I think I might join ya in that, if you don't mind. And don't worry, I'm a really good tipper." Lance grins wide , and chuckles. "I just hope the cooks there can work fast. I tend to be a big eater."

When Miss. A asks each of them about anything more she can do, Lance just smiles, shakes his head, and begins to stand. "Nah, nothing here. I do appreciate getting a checkup somewhere other than the base, though. It's too crowded there."

When the scans were done and Murdock was back to normal, he sat up and adjusted his clothing. "It is not easy work. This society ensures that only the lowest do it. But even they live so well..." He smiled, his teeth perfectly flat and straight, and got up off the table. "My cybernetic implants are functioning within their normal parameters as of their most recent repair. If you think you can remove the microimplants that once connected me to the Voice of Omega, that would be something I would like. The Furions confirmed that the individual units are completely destroyed and non-functional, but they remain lodged in my spinal column and brain. The thought of being attacked by nano-technology is unpleasant."

Miss A nodded thoughtfully. "I'll definitely see what I can do," she promised Murdock. "I'll give you a call in a few days when I've got some ideas ready for enhancements. And you both know how to get in touch with me if you ever need anything. I really appreciate you both taking the time to come out here today. I know it's hard to get away when it seems like you're already leading two full lives sometimes. I just hope that something very useful comes from it all eventually."

Lance stretches his body out, and swings his arms a bit as he walks back towards the other two. "Well, I definitely appreciate all this, Miss A. And Murdok, it's been a pleasure." He extends a hand once again, hoping for one last handshake. "And if you ever need anything, I'm not hard to get a hold of. Our host here has my emergency frequency she can give you should anything come up. Do you have a phone number or anything I can contact you at? Or perhaps some way I can reach you if there's any sort of emergency?"

Murdock immediately replied with a Freedom City telephone number. "The radio function in my armor is only functional while it is activated, so the cellular telephone is the easiest way to reach me. I pay for the minutes as I go," he added. "And Miss Americana, I thank you for the opportunity to be helped. In the wake of our first meeting, it is good to be reminded that there are those who do genuinely care for others, especially here, and that their caring is rewarded with cooperation. I have made comrades today." It sounded like a high compliment.