Mad Max (IC)

Aoiroo

Glancing up toward the noise, Dragonfly was awfully tempted to grin. solves the question of where Silhouette went - appropriate phrase? - 'give 'em hell'?

The sound of a new round of bullets headed her way brought her attention back to the fight at hand - literally at hand, she mused, as she kept the shield up with one and returned fire with the other, sending another twisting shockwave towards the miniature firing squad. "Could just give up," she suggested, though she didn't really expect a response. "Easier."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backing up from the guy as his muscles started to bulge and his face contorted into a smile. He looked at her smiling like a wolf at a rabbit and cracked his knuckles as he balled a fist. Running at her he kept his head low to meet her height with every intention of ramming his fist into her gut and see how quickly she goes splat. She backed up until she felt herself back against the door. Smiling under her mask she grabbed the handle as he got closer and gave it a twist, when he was just in striking distance she leap over him pushing her hands on his back like a pommel horse and cleared him completely as he ran past her out the now open door and down the stairs.

The thug hit again by the first blast got knocked back, the others wanted to attack but were quickly distracted by the large crashing noise coming from the direction of the stairs.

With half an ear toward the stairs, Dragonfly was still able to send a blast in the direction of the distracted thugs, no qualms about attacking while they were looking elsewhere. She did wonder just what Silhouette was up to... likely doing well - seemed competent - poor thugs - undisciplined? - could do better for themselves - will have to make do with jail now

Still, the fight was going on too long for her tastes. Well, any fight was too long for her tastes - good fights were over before the enemy realized they'd started. Shield up in anticipation of more bullets heading her way, she started to do some calculations on how much extra oomph she could pull out of her gauntlets before they started to fry.

Three strikes and the first thug was out, but that wasn't what stole the show. Sil hurtled down the stairs to get a press kick down on the Max user before her could start some trouble but he got up a bit to quickly and let her hit the side wall. A quick press off and she was able to get her footing but not before the Max user swung a fist into her broad side. It didn't do much damage but it still hurt like hell.

The two thugs not concerning themselves with the other because he looked like he could handle himself continued to fire on the visor girl hoping they could get a shot through to her.

Dragonfly allowed herself a couple seconds to watch Silhouette fight - she had such little combat training, herself, that it was always interesting to see more able fighters do their thing. agile - natural enhanced supernatural? - always questions - focus on task at hand

Her attention - somewhat reluctantly - went back to the thugs as the gauntlet she'd been using to attack started to light up at the glass and seams. When she finally fired at one of the remaining enemies, the blast was larger, chaotic, and tinged a distinct neon blue, tearing through space at her enemy like something alive and angry. The young woman's expression was pure, grim satisfaction. don't know why I have limiters in the first place

The max thug seemed to be enjoying himself, given it was probably just the drug high. Sil, not so much, as she tried to land another kick he managed to duck before throwing another punch her way. Slipping out of the way the punch sailed past her and into the couch side which groaned and contorted with the force.

Note to self, do not get hit.

Glancing over at Dragonfly she saw that she still had a few thugs to deal with.

The second thug was knocked back much like the first had been and still needed a moment to get back up, but the last thug in the bunch still had his gun at the ready and through some miracle managed to get a shot on target. Didn't do much but increase moral as he prepared for another hit.

Dragonfly gave a short and quiet hiss as a lucky bullet tore through her shield and impacted her force field; jagged lines and streaks of force seemed to reach between the projectile and the distortion around her profile, grabbing the bullet and keeping it from tearing through her shoulder, too. The force field flickered for a moment, but held; the young woman's link to her gauntlets told her that her field was destabilizing a little. She grimaced. still need to fix that - so little time - reshuffle priorities - you - you stay down - no second chances

Taking the opportunity to switch her 'shield hand' to her other gauntlet, she brought that defense back up and sent another twisting, tinted blast towards the thug that looked half-senseless; she glanced over at Silhouette's fight with minor concern as the distortion found its target. seems capable - focus on your own fight - hope she doesn't need help - not much help to spare

Hand held flat Sil held her ground against Max user. He seemed plenty ready to crush her skull against the wall, but after that first hit he couldn't really get in close enough to make a real move. Hopefully she would be able to end this soon and help Dragonfly. It was in her thoughts that the thug began to move again, she moved on reflex and stabbed into his side by the kidney's. It managed to stop him at least for that second long enough to glance at her companion's progress.

The thug was on his last bullet and it never made the hit. Throwing down the gun he started to run to try and close the distance only to be surprised at the sudden arrival of the other thug who had disappeared at the beginning of the fight.

Taking a step back, Dragonfly brought up a hand to fire at the closing thug...and immediately started cursing in Russian as space near her folded outward and deposited a disoriented-looking thug back into normal space. bad timing - bad bad timing - can't deal with you both at this range

Before he could get a feel for his surroundings again she grabbed his wrist, reality wrapping around him until he'd disappeared again with barely even the time to give a surprised yell. "Deal with you later. Back into the pocket."

The reality warping certianly caught Sil's eye as the thug appeared then disappeared once more into space,

"What the he..."

She was interupted by the sound of the thug coming towards her though he seemed to favor one side to the other,

He's still hurting from my punch.

Smiling she readied herself into a crouch, as he came forward she faked like she moved like she was going to punch but instead of hitting the head she sailed her fist past his head and grabbed onto his shoulder and pushed his accelerated mass down into her patruding knee. It took some effort, but impact onto her slightly flattened knee knocked the breath out of him and the max thug finally lost conciousness.

Letting him drop to the floor she glanced behind her and caught sight of the thug running fist at the ready towards Dragonfly. She pushed off into a long stride and plowed into the thug shoulder first knocking him off balance,

"Didn't your mother teach you not to raise your hand to a woman."

"Somehow doubt these men learned much from their mothers," Dragonfly commented, following Silhouette's tackle up with a charged-up, rippling shockwave of her own. "Suppose I wouldn't know," she observed, tilting her head to watch the guy spin just a bit as he was knocked down, unconscious.

A quick mental query to her gauntlet told her that containment was holding again - the thug was back in the void and not doing a very good job of getting back out. "Well. That was fun. Thoughts on captured one? He won't stay trapped forever, would prefer not to continue re-pocketing him. Danger of burnout."

There were so many questions to be had, the mother thing was one, the pocket was another. If that guy was trapped it probably meant some sort of holding device.

"Let's go outside first, this place smells horrible."

Opening the door she looked out into the air into Greenbank. But all she saw was the dust particles visible in the moonlight,

"Looks like we're clear, though I don't think we'll be able to find the stash the guy running this place apparently sent whoever was minding it out ahead of time."

"Mm. Not that lucky, apparently. Would have been nice...will get him eventually. Stash may be traceable. Or could just collapse enough of his infrastructure that he's no longer a threat. Options...."

Dragonfly tilted her head, looking up at the moon and flexing a hand, letting her defenses drop and reconfigure themselves. "Pretty," she observed, before bringing her attention back down to earth. "So. Want to ask some questions to our captive?" She held up a hand, wriggling her fingers and - flat expression notwithstanding - apparently taking a bit of pleasure in having a thug trapped but unharmed.

Glancing around she gave a sigh,

"Sure let him out, I'll pin him you can threaten and we can see if he knows anything. If he doesn't we'll knock him out, throw him with the others and call it a night."

Glancing upward she let out a sigh at that aspect. It had been a rather long night but not the longest she's ever had. Usually she couldn't get so much done simply because of the time it took to gather the information in the first place. But this person, she did it so quickly, working with her in the future would be a definite plus to help beat down the drug market. Though it was hard to tell how willing she was on this prospect.

Nodding, Dragonfly tilted her head, sending some mental commands towards her gauntlets as she held her hand out, palm down. Reality twisted and folded in its now-usual way, the thug unfolding back into normal space and dropping unceremoniously onto the ground at their feet. appropriate

"Hello," she said, eyeing him with something between contempt and apathy.

Landing flat on the face the guy seemed none too happy to be there even if there was some relief for being freed at last from the pocket,

"Hello nothing you little bi..."

His curse was cut off by a swift kick to the ribs by Sil before she leaned down and looked at him,

"Now that's no way to talk to a lady."

Looking back at her he took all of three seconds before he spit at her. Swiping it away she let out a breath,

"Well guess you're up to bat, just make sure he doesn't lose conciousness too quickly."

Dragonfly tilted her head, eyeing the thug. not...technically lying - worth a try - pocket uncomfortable? transition unnerving - so I'm told - not very good at this

"Not as good at physical violence," she noted, finally. Tilting her head to the other side, she glanced down at her gauntlet, adjusting the fit and looking over the top down at their captive. "Could just put him back in the pocket for now. Don't seem to like that much, do you? Don't blame you. Very odd - keep losing things that go in. Best wrench, some bolts. Scrap metal. Two lab rats. Just...can't get them back out."

Making a disappointed face, the young inventor shrugged. "Disappointing. But, if he's not helpful, won't answer your questions, have to take care of him somehow...."

"Wait,"

The thug looked at the girl with his eyes widened at the thought of entering that place and never getting out,

"What is it you want to know?"

She looked at him,

"Where is the shipment you're boss sent out heading?"

The guy glanced at Sil then Dragonfly before saying,

"I heard he has a stock house in Southside but I don't know where exactly."

Looking at him, she asked more questions but didn't get much more then what they already heard. It was only then that she took a whack at him and knocked him out,

"Looks like we're done for the night."

Stretching a bit in the moonlight she glanced upward again,

"Can you give an ambulence a ring, they should be in the area by now and that guy I was fighting was on max, even if he doesn't stop yet, in an hour his heart might give out."

"Mm. Thought he looked...enhanced," Dragonfly commented, pulling out her cell phone and giving the local police a call. She was grateful, at least, that the local police had gotten use to her short, specific, but fairly evasive calls by now. think I hear dispatcher taking notes - good - dislike repeating myself When she was satisfied they knew what they needed to know (and what they'd find helpful, in the case of the stashed guns from earlier and the Max-user's health concerns), she abruptly snapped her phone closed and slipped it back into her jacket.

"So," she said, after a pause and a chance to rub the bridge of her nose, finally dropping her force field. "Successful night. Neighborhood cleaned up a little; some information on your end. Drug trade isn't usually my thing, but good to branch out sometimes. Was the information gathered helpful?"

"Not as much as it could be but this is the base level. The higher ups never stay in Greenbank, they can afford the higher class places that have in building security that could make those guys wet themselves."

She let out a sigh,

"I think this isn't just a one night thing though, something's happening."

Putting her hand on the pocket with the powder,

"I just don't know what though."

Taking another long stretch she reached into her pocket and pulled out a piece of paper,

"I'd like to keep in touch if you don't mind, it's always good to have someone compedient available and I've been having a hard time finding any locals that might want to help out."

"Mm. Drug trade isn't usually my target, but good to clean up the neighborhood. Proliferation...disturbing. Will have to look into it. If you need help, can reach me at..." Dragonfly trailed off, digging in her jacket for a moment and coming up with a torn-off scrap of paper and a pen, jotting down a phone number and handing it over. "...here. Or...well. You know where I live."

She paused, tilting her head. "Knock, next time," she wryly added.