Mad Max (IC)

Aoiroo

Shock and awe was right, they barely had time to register what was happening, and it worked just as well as Sil slipped inbetween the bolts on the door. Slipping in the shadows she moved against the wall and striked a guy from behind knocking him out in a heap, immediately after she moved to his side to check his pulse. It was steady, letting out a breath, she glanced up at the other guy on the couch who was reaching for a gun, but stopped mid trigger. Falling face foreward Sil rushed to his side to catch him and push him back,

"What the hell?"

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragonfly turned her gauntlet on the last one standing, winding it up with an ominous hum. "My companion has questions. Suggest you answer them. Start with what's wrong with your friends."

The thug blinked, slowly, reaching back for his shotgun. Apparently he wasn't very impressed through the drug haze...or possibly Dragonfly just wasn't an imposing figure. Either way, it wasn't quite the reaction she'd hoped for.

Silhouette glanced over at Dragonfly, but noticed the slight daze of the thug as he looked at her, she also noticed from her side that she could see the cold metal of the gun as he reached for it. She proceeded to shove the table hard into the guys leg and throwing his dazed behind off balance going down before he could grab the gun. Walking around the table quickly she grabbed the shot gun and backed away from the guy quickly.

Blinking, Dragonfly tilted her head. "Efficient. Nice." She made her way over to the prone thug, frowning. "Going to answer our questions now, or going...to...?"

The thug stared blankly up at the ceiling, muttering nonsense as he didn't even try to get up. His hand was still reaching for where his shotgun was, trying to pull the trigger on a weapon he no longer had. Waving a hand in front of his sightless eyes, Dragonfly grimaced. "...to go on drug-fueled autopilot, able to shoot but not talk. Great." The young woman stood up and straightened her jacket, sighing. "Well. Can call the police. I suppose. At least the building is shut down now."

She looked at the guys before saying,

"Call an ambulence, they'll bring the police if not just because of the neighborhood."

Glancing at the table she reached into one of her pockets and produced a piece of card stock and a zip lock back. Moving next to it, she slowly pushed some of the dust into the bag and zipped it up before sliding it into her pocket. She glanced around the room once more to see if she missed anything before moving to the door.

"Well, let's get moving, still have three more of these things to hit."

The next cartel wasn't that far, they were able to call the ambulence on the way and they came across the next building. There was someone actually watching the door this time, but it was on the same side of the street, and he was armed,

"Bit more of a challenge this time, I'll go first again and see if I can't get him down quietly."

Turning flat, this time she didn't even bother with the wall trick and walked straight at the guy. The angle of the turn was though, since there was no real lights on this side of the building there was nothing to give away her shadow and he didn't notice her as she took her hand and hit him hard. He didn't go down however, but the shock of the sudden attack made him stop for a second.

After a quick cell phone call to make sure the relevant authorities were on their way, Dragonfly gathered up any loose weaponry and stashed it away on their way out. The police would know where to look...but if any of the thugs woke up early, they sure wouldn't.

------

nice trick - multiple applications - stealth functional invisibility defense 'cutting' blows - difficult to adapt - still wonder at source Jogging to close the range a bit, Dragonfly threw up a hand and launched another churning, distorted shockwave past Silhouette and into the thug's chest. new system running well - surprised - usually more bugs than this

Silhouette really didn't see the attack coming, but she felt it. There was a slight wooshing feeling as it knocked the thug off his feet and to the ground,

"Nice shot."

Reaching down she grabbed the gun and slid out the ammo cartrage,

"I'll take a look ahead, same deal as last time."

Slipping into the hideout inbetween the door frame she entered into a room only lit by the open door of another room. From her place she could easily see several figures sitting down playing cards, maybe three guys, two of them had cigerettes, getting a bit closer she saw two other guys actually working. They were cutting their product and had masks on. There was some music playing in the background, it probably covered the noise of the scuffle outside. Slipping back out, she said,

"Looks like we've got some coherent ones this time, probably armed might want to put up a sheild."

Dragonfly nodded, bringing the distorted outline back up around her profile. "Always do. Senseless risk not to." A quick systems check told her that her shield was standing by as well, and she tried the doorknob...only to find it locked.

She frowned, one of her gauntlets lighting up as it charged; bracing herself she put one hand up next to the door's surface and unleashed a blast that took the door clean off its hinges, knocking it a couple feet back to land flat on the floor.

Well if the sounds from outside didn't get their attention, the door blowing down did. Immediately the three thugs got from there chairs and opened fire on Dragonfly.

Silhouette didn't walk in and instead looked around the back for an alternate door she noticed while she was in there. She got there just about the same time the cookers did and got the first hit in to take down the first one. The second was quick to try and punch his way out, but Sil was able to block it easily.

Dragonfly brought her other hand up as the thugs stood, palm out and fingers spread. A circular disk of light, neon-blue energy twisted into space in front of her; as bullets rained towards the door they hit the shield, turning into blurred, jittering streaks of grey metal as they shot across its surface to be flung away at the edge, harmlessly spinning into the walls beside her.

Her free gauntlet made a dull whine as it charged up again, seams in the plating glowing the same pale neon blue as the shield. In her mind's eye Dragonfly visualized the room, estimating positions and running equations in her head - the beautiful mathematics of elegant arcing curves that only she could see...until a moment later, as she threw up the charging gauntlet and filled the room with streaming, lance-like distortions, each bending unerringly through the air towards a different target.

If the fact that they're guns was useless wasn't what got to them, the lances certianly rendered them speechless as they were knocked back. One of them was completely knocked out while the others could barely make a means to get back up. Sil didn't see, but she heard the attack happen. She didn't let it distract her though as she gave the cooker who had punched her a returned uppercut that KOed him. It was only when she walked over the bodies of her attempted escapees back into the establishment did she see the havoc wrecked upon the place by Dragonfly.

"Jesus, remind me never to piss you off."

Walking over to the stunned thugs she looked down at them quietly and then at there guns,

"Your friends are out for the night, would you mind answering some questions for us, or would you like a to try again, I'm sure Dragonfly's got plenty of juice for round two."

"Jesus, remind me to never piss you off."

Dragonfly shrugged, dusting her jacket off and stepping over some fallen bullets as she entered the other room. "Good advice." Pausing, she held up one of her gauntlets and added, "Well-armed." Whether or not it was a pun was anyone's guess.

She tilted her head, impassively eyeing the thugs. "Going to jail. Can't stop that now; can answer her questions. Heroes have good relationships with police in this city. Look kindly on criminals who help heroes do their job. Look...less kindly on criminals who keep trying to kill heroes."

Just to underscore her point, one of her gauntlets lit up again, emitting that same dangerous low whine. "'Try' is the operative word."

The thugs looked at the two of them, well more they looked at Dragonfly. Silhouette may of imposed the threat, but she was what they were really scared of. One of them turned to Sil as sort of the middleman of the situation,

"But we're just doing what we're told."

Sil glanced at Dragonfly with a smile,

"So were the Nazi's, what you actually do is entirely up to you, so what do you plan on doing now?"

There was a slight muttering between the two of them, a lot of it involved glancing up at Dragonfly and her gauntlet, one of it involved glancing at the door that Sil was so gladly blocking. It was a minute before they decided,

"What is it that you want?"

Sil smiled again though the expression wasn't visible through her mask,

"What has been lighting a flame under your guys butts lately, the market is increasing, any idea why?"

The guys looked at her,

"Fluctuating economy?"

Glancing at them, she turned her head slighting to Dragonfly,

"Guess they really don't want to be helpful, I guess you could..."

"Wait!"

She stopped to look at the other one,

"We've been getting some new stuff lately, a lot of it, the company says that's it expanding the market and whoever can move the product fastest gets a larger percentage of returns."

She looked down at them, then at Dragonfly,

"You think their word is good?"

Dragonfly just gave them a blank look with the visor for a moment - perhaps a little extra, she was rather enjoying being intimidating for once - before shrugging and letting the gauntlet release its charge and cool down. "Strange lie if it is one. No real reason to deceive - no benefit. Substance...is strange. New. Unusual. Can always confirm at next stop. Bad day to run drugs."

Reaching back to her belt for some zip-ties, Dragonfly held them up. "One question before we tie you up and leave you for police. What's the 'new stuff'?"

There was still fear in there eyes but they didn't look immediately as they glanced over at the table. Sil immediately walked over and looked at it,

"It's the stuff they were snuffing at the last place. It looks like they were cutting it with some Zoom."

Looking over at them, the guy one closest to Dragonfly was first to respond,

"I don't remember what they called it, you'd have to ask the cookers."

Sil let out a sigh as she glanced to the door,

"Well that's not happening, tie them up, I'll drag in the dead weight."

They left that house a little bit later in silence, the police were called, and the thugs were wrapped up tight to be picked up like a UPS package. However, Sil didn't dwell on that as she did the grey powder.

It definitely does something, but it's not quite like the effects of pot. A pothead would of freaked at the sight of Dragonfly busting in the first house, and unconciousness isn't usually a symptom of it.

It was in these ponderings that they went to the next cartel's place, which instead of being indescript like the last two looked like an old auto garage. There was no one outside, but a light was on and visible through a window on the side,

"Huh, I wonder if they've got any cars in there."

"Possible," Dragonfly wryly commented as she brought her defenses up again, "but unlikely legal ones. Stolen, repurposed, drug transports...fortunate if some are legal. Police can follow the licences up the food chain. Maybe." mental note - study up on chemistry - knowledge weak - should be more familiar with common uncommon street drugs - establish contacts at police station? assemble chemistry lab - vents glassware build own machinery

She cracked a knuckle, tilting her head to eye the lit window. "Shock and awe again? Worked well last time. Could get lucky."

"I try not to rely to heavily on luck, in fact sometimes I think Murphy has it out for me."

Moving slowly flattened against the walls, she stopped dead as she glanced upward and backed away slowly. She moved to Dragon and said,

"Cameras,"

Pointing up in the darkened frames there tops were hidden by the slightly out roof.

"I don't know what type, but there's no shock and awe if someone notices two strange girls hanging around the back in costumes."

"Point. Good catch. Mm..." Dragonfly frowned up at the cameras and scowled, muttering something foul in Russian under her breath. "Cheap. Unfortunate. Could get lucky...."

She went still as she trailed off, lights dancing behind the visor, behind her eyes, as she cast out with the gift she'd inherited from her mother. One by one nearby computers and electronics reacted, most of them sending back a short message: 'I'm here.' And one by one she sifted through them, looking for one in particular, one hooked up to some cheap cameras, one getting streams of video from outside... there

She smiled a tiny smile and got to work, each camera shutting down in turn, images freezing or blinking out. "Blind," she said, with quite a bit of satisfaction in her voice. "Hopefully confused."

She watched Dragonfly work, but only really caught a glimpse of the light. She still wasn't exactly sure how she did it, but the job was done and now was time to move. Taking a jogging stride to the door she stopped just short and slid in through the door frame, however she didn't see what she expected, which was nothing. It was pitch black on the first floor, the windows were painted over, and it seemed quiet. Moving around carefully she stayed against the wall to see if she could find a light switch. After a few minutes she gave up on this endeavor and headed back to the door, regaining her form she started to move towards it but felt something grab onto her arm,

"Where do you think you're going?"

Dragonfly sat tapping a finger against her leg, waiting and studying the outside of the house. She had to admit, it had been a pretty successful string of - word - 'busts'? crackdowns? - dislike the term - descriptive, though.

Around the fifth time she checked back with the camera system to make sure they were still out, she started getting worried. Double-checking her force field and shield, she quietly made her way towards the door Silhouette had disappeared through....

As she approached the door there was a click on the other side, the handle went down as if someone was to open it, but instead it was kicked outward into Dragonfly. Behind it in the darkness was a well built man in a leather jacket.

"Now, what little lambs have made their way to the lions den?"

Jerking backwards as the handle turned, Dragonfly narrowly avoided getting a door to the face, the edge of the wood whistling past her nose. The inventor's mind surged on the sudden adrenaline rush, metaphorical gears spinning up to speed; she switched her visor over to infrared before the rest of her brain even realized it was dark, her hand was moving almost by itself as the gauntlet built up a charge.

As her hand touched their assailant it discharged, running little lines like creases in paper over his body. Less than a second later he began...twisting, space around him folding and warping until he'd disappeared completely where she'd made contact. For a moment there was silence and some settling dust, and Dragonfly frowned and lowered her arm. "....not a lamb. You okay? Won't hold him forever, but seemed like the best option."

Looking at his arm begin to twist and fold the look of shock on the mans face followed with his mouth,

"What the fu...."

Before he could finish he disappeared into the abyss that was the bag. The sight itself nearly stunned the three hiding behind the wall to bum rush her, nearly is the key word. All three guns trained onto her, they each began to shoot.

Sil wasn't in the dark room anymore, she had been dragged upstairs into the second story and had been dazed by the sudden light that had ruined her night vision. The guy who held her had a pretty good grip, it hurt, but not enough for her to escape immediately. She stayed in his grasp as she heard gunshots downstairs.

Sounds like he wasn't the only one waiting for trouble.

The guy held her while a guy in some grey slacks and a tan collared shirt entered. He had a very rounded face and screamed less drug dealer and more fast food chain manager,

"Why'd you bring her up here?"

The thug looked at him,

"You said to bring any suspicious characters up and..."

He let out a sigh,

"I said bring any members if you suspected it was a member of another cartel, not this, this obviously isn't a gang member. How'd she even get in?"

The guy let out a breath,

"I don't know, I just saw her figure while she was at the door, maybe she used some sort of ninja trick."

Sil rolled her eyes,

Why do they always think I'm a ninja?

Dragonfly was never more thankful than now that she'd finally worked the kinks out of her visor; almost as soon as the first thug was pulled into her dimensional pocket her headgear lit up with a warning, outlining three heat signatures nearby. She brought up a hand, large circular shield twisting into being in front of her and turning the bullets away. "Can't hide from me. Credit for trying."

Returning some fire of her own she could only hope that wherever she'd gone to, Silhouette was having more luck than she was.

The first thug was knocked back by the blast but still returned fire with the three of them, though they were all gradually moving back since at some poin they would run out of ammo plus didn't want to get hit by whatever hit the first guy. With the noise going downstairs Sil was tempted to look, though she didn't want to seem to care too much because of the fact that she still had the guys eyes on her.

"You're awfully calm about this whole thing?"

The guy looked at her boredly,

"I should be, I sent away anyone the minute this guy reported the security cameras were out."

Well sh%t,

"Not that it would of mattered, because I'm going to end this right now."

Reaching below the counter he pulled out a glove which he slid onto his hand then picked up the gun and aimed it right at her. He shot it level aiming right for the head. He pulled the trigger, and Sil's head went flat immediately. The bullet flew past her head, and past the thug who had the good sense to let go and duck down. The guy looked at the thug,

"You were suppose to hol..."

He didn't get another chance to speak as Sil jumped the table and kicked him in the face. He was out before he hit the floor, the thug didn't get the chance to back away before she landed another kick into his gut but it wasn't enough to do much more then phase him and he continued to back away until his back was against the wall. Looking at Sil he smiled only slightly as he reached into his pocket and took some pills which Sil immediately recognized,

Not good.