Green Ronin to Release DC Adventures RPG Books

• 2 weeks later...

The latest update (which should've come out last Wednesday) has been delayed for two reasons:

1) The 4th of July holiday pushed things back a bit,

2) it hasn't been approved yet by DC, b/c they've been busy with something else Green Ronin sent them that was "quite a bit bigger and more time-consuming. And important."

The next update should be another DC character write-up, with notes from the designers. The next few updates will reportedly have more char write-ups, with designer's notes.

DC Adventures Character Sheets

The DC Adventures: Hero's Handbook comes with a single-page character sheet, but we know your heroes are bigger and bolder than that, so we've whipped up a two-page character sheet.

One in color, like the one in the back of the book, and one in black & white to save your printer some ink.

In addition, we created a reference sheet we hope you'll find useful.

In color, and one in black & white.

Good gaming!

DC Adventures Design Journal #7

So let's talk about Thomas Blake, better known to comics fans as Catman.

Catman presented three challenges in DC Adventures. First, he's a lot like Batman. This might seem like a plus, and in a lot of ways it is, but it also means care needed to be taken to showcase both the similarities and differences between the two.

Second, when looking to the ultra-cool iconic version of the character you don't have a lot to work with. Most of Catman's 47-year history can best be described as moments of crazy and plenty of "Oh hey, he's like Catwoman as a dude." Only very recently has Catman been successfully reimagined as a truly dangerous costumed predator and anti-hero. It really took the character's portrayal in comics like Villains United and Secret Six to finally make him as notable and cool as Arthur Adams' portrait in the old Who's Who in the DC Universe made him look. And so that, mostly, is the version of the character that is used as inspiration for the DC Adventures write-up.

Third, Catman doesn't have any powers. This means the cool effects and in-game potency of the character comes from Abilities, Skills, and Advantages. And of course you want those stats to accurately reflect not only the character but also his relative place in the hierarchy of other heroes and villains.

So let's get to how that happens, shall we? I've rambled enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have the DCA book and love it to pieces, and am using it as the offical engine for the Grimalkin comic, i.e all major characters will be statted to keep things consitant. Over the course of the planned 7 year run, which covers the years 2008-2014, Grim will go from PL8 to PL14 as she moves from sidekick to hero to superhero. I've statted Grim Year One and I'm working of Grim Year Seven, and have come across a rules question, and knowing no better folks to turn to, I hope you guys can help.

As part of her Morph Array, I'm giving her Allure and Terror as APs, two different Afflictions. I'm trying to create a Sense-Dependant (Visual) effect based on shapes she can adopt, but am having trouble working out the details. Any help would be appreciated, and if this should be in a seperate new thread, I am very cool with that.

• 1 year later...