Ice, ice, baby! (IC)

Warmonger

The dark heroling sailed into distracted villain, landing on his back. His armored fist connecting in the weak joint of the body armor. "Gah!" shouted #1. His blasts fired wildly but some how he managed to keep him self airborne.

"ENOUGH!" Shouted Madame Zero. "I have wasted enough time with you fools!" She rose form the ground a wave of Ice carrying her and her stolen machine. It swept away, a tide of frost, rising higher. It finally crested, and she stood on top her arms were fully extended, the air crackled with the cold that emanated form the blue energy surrounding her hands. She pointed them at the seemingly into no where. Then the discharged a blue torrent of cold. The beam shot through the sky... and struck the above ground tracks of the nearby monorail. As the heroes watched the dull gray metal turned white, a hoarfrost raced up and down its length. Then the blast stopped. As they watched a small piece of the track broke of, fell to the ground, then shattered like glass. "Now if you'll excuse me," she said. "I'll be taking my leave. I believe you gentlemen have a train to catch".

Dark Star shook he head and righted himself, focusing on the situation. He was a physicist, he could tell this was going to be rough. And beyond his abilities alone without endangering the civilians on-board. He made a quick decision as he roared up out of the ground. Reaching out with his TK, he grabbed All-Star as he rocketed towards the train. "I need you! Slow the train as much as you can! I'll handle lift, the breaks and support your efforts!" In a blink they were at the train racing towards the broken bridge.

Dark Star let go of All-Star and passed through the train. He looked around, zeroing in on the large emergency stop button, while apologizing to the conductor. "Emergency, hold on and keep the breaks going." Slamming the button down with a little TK effort, he moved back out in front with All-Star, gripping the entire train with a TK force, holding it together and in-line, assisting All-Star in trying to stop the train.

"You two stop the train!" Breakdown called at the pair that flew off towards the tracks. "I'll stop the broad!" Breakdown took off and soared towards Madam Zero. He flew over her head and landed a good distance in front of her. As he flew by Razorwing he called down, "Keep those goons offa me!"

After he landed, he called out to Madame Zero. "Sorry, I don't have the time to catch a train. I went to all the trouble to put together this routine for you, and you're damn well gonna watch it!" Breakdown began to dance in front of Madame Zero. His movements were so stunningly fluid, that it forced her to stop and watch.

All-Star shoves #4 against the side of the building shattering he concrete. "Now you-" he was interrupted byt he force of Darkstar's gravitational pull dragging him off. "Hey let go of me!" he shouted. "I almost finished him." Wait. The train! Oh Crap! The train hurtled forward. The bridge crumpled into a grea heap, massive spars of it raining unto the street shattering like glass.

Darkstar was even faster though rushing straight at the incoming train, and with barely a though he displaced his molecules and vanished into the control room. The conductor dropped the soda he was drinking at the hero's sudden appearance. Darkstar easily found the emergency button pushed it. The passengers yelled, and panicked as the Train lurched. The scream of metal fileld the airs as sparks, gushed from the tracks, as 300tons of mass attempted to stop. The train began to jump the track as the cars bunched up, but suddenly slammed together as Darkstar's managed to hold them steady. But he could hear the metal groaning, and wondered how long he could hold it.

All-Star couldn't get a hold at first, he had never done some thing like this. Finally he got some purchase on the nose, it was like pushing through an offensive lineman. He forced himself forward, the nose dented around his hands, but he still felt himself being shoved back. Come on Marcus, this is all yours you can do this! He shoved even harder, squinting his eyes shut so he didn't have to look at the buildings rushing by him. The train shook now with the two competing forces, the force making his teeth rattle. He glanced back and saw the open maw, of air rushing towards them as the tracks terminated way too close. He gritted his teeth and for once wondered if he could do this.

Razorwing's exploding boomerangs seem to do the trick. #3 Groans and staggers as shrapnel lodges in his armor. #1 holds his face as a razor sharp shard bounces of the face plate but is still capable of fighting. "Protect the client!" #1 shouts. The remaining Power Corps converge on Breakdown, ignoring the grounded Razorwing. The turn their lasers on full again and open fire, strafing the hero. One catches him full on, with both beams.

Meanwhile the Train continues to decelerate, but the Darkstar realizes it will not stop on time, and so does All-Star. Both heroes redouble their efforts. All-Star strains his arms, until the feel like they will snap off. The train finally slows to a screeching stop... but the lead car goes over the gap, and it begins to pull the rest of the train with it. But combine thier powers they are able to stop it and begin to push it back. The can hear the sounds of battle but they must trust in their allies' abilties, to fend for themselves.

Breakdown managed to get out of the way of the first two blasts. Then suddenly, the third one connected directly with his chest. He didn't even have time to think about how far he was flying. He just knew that he was. He also knew that it wasn't him doing the flying...

---

Nine miles away across the river, Breakdown crash landed like a meteorite in the middle of an intersection in center city Freedom. He left a crater in the concrete almost ten feet across. Breakdown wasn't getting up any time soon.