The job

cosmicarus

The old man is quick to reply, "Don't worry - you will get your money. All of it. As you can see, I am a man of some means. Ten million dollars is not really a sum that it worries me to part with. The offer was, however, that the actor's body was not meant to be harmed in any way. I cannot give you anything until I know that this is the case, and I won't know that this is the case until I have my men examine him. Surely you see the logic?" The men he speaks of, for the moment, are unmoving. The silence in the room is broken only by the hum and ring of the various technological equipment - even the thin man's clicking has ceased.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old man is quick to reply, "Don't worry - you will get your money. All of it. As you can see, I am a man of some means. Ten million dollars is not really a sum that it worries me to part with. The offer was, however, that the actor's body was not meant to be harmed in any way. I cannot give you anything until I know that this is the case, and I won't know that this is the case until I have my men examine him. Surely you see the logic?" The men he speaks of, for the moment, are unmoving. The silence in the room is broken only by the hum and ring of the various technological equipment - even the thin man's clicking has ceased.

Heavy sighs. Of course, the deal was too good to be true. They always were. He just couldn't let Kirk be experimented upon. Maybe if he knew more about medical science, or those machines, he could tell if the old man was telling the truth about just wanting to check on him. Too bad that the only machine he knows about are automobiles. Those things could start sucking the blood out of Kirk as soon as he put him down, and he'd be the one responsible.

He lowers Kirk to the ground, letting him get his footing, then turns to the old man and his minions.

"I wish I could believe you. Now, you going to let this guy and me walk out of here, or am I going to have to beat the tar out of someone else tonight?" he asks. As an aside to Kirk, he whispers, "Stick close to me."

Heavy sighs. Of course, the deal was too good to be true. They always were. He just couldn't let Kirk be experimented upon. Maybe if he knew more about medical science, or those machines, he could tell if the old man was telling the truth about just wanting to check on him. Too bad that the only machine he knows about are automobiles. Those things could start sucking the blood out of Kirk as soon as he put him down, and he'd be the one responsible.

He lowers Kirk to the ground, letting him get his footing, then turns to the old man and his minions.

"I wish I could believe you. Now, you going to let this guy and me walk out of here, or am I going to have to beat the tar out of someone else tonight?" he asks. As an aside to Kirk, he whispers, "Stick close to me."

Kirk does stick close to Heavy - he crunches his side against the armored form, obviously worried that Heavy might leave him there. On his face, however, there is a look of defiance. A flash of anger at the old man and his cronies.

The big men begin to make their way actively to block Heavy's exit, and the thin men in front advance slightly. They're not fighting yet, but they're prepared to. The old man, unmoving, speaks again, "Please, he won't be hurt! If anything, his body is going to be looked after better than it ever has before."

Kirk does stick close to Heavy - he crunches his side against the armored form, obviously worried that Heavy might leave him there. On his face, however, there is a look of defiance. A flash of anger at the old man and his cronies.

The big men begin to make their way actively to block Heavy's exit, and the thin men in front advance slightly. They're not fighting yet, but they're prepared to. The old man, unmoving, speaks again, "Please, he won't be hurt! If anything, his body is going to be looked after better than it ever has before."

"Oh, well then," Heavy says sarcastically. "Here's a hint - don't say 'his body' will be looked after. I don't know what you're going to do to it, but somehow, I think that he won't like it, or you wouldn't have needed him kidnapped."

He readies himself to weigh down all the men in the area, including the old man, if they make any moves closer to him. Maybe the big guys are a lot stronger than they look and can stand up to it, but he suspects the real threat will be the old man.

"I'm giving you one last chance. Tell your men to back off," he says.

"Oh, well then," Heavy says sarcastically. "Here's a hint - don't say 'his body' will be looked after. I don't know what you're going to do to it, but somehow, I think that he won't like it, or you wouldn't have needed him kidnapped."

He readies himself to weigh down all the men in the area, including the old man, if they make any moves closer to him. Maybe the big guys are a lot stronger than they look and can stand up to it, but he suspects the real threat will be the old man.

"I'm giving you one last chance. Tell your men to back off," he says.

Before heavy has a chance to act, the whole room begins to shake. Nothing too violent, but there is a definate and sustained shudder that works the walls of the place. The instruments near the bed vibrate and a clipboard resting on one of them clatters to the ground. Although all the twins brace themselves against the movement, they don't seem suprised by it, and continue to stare at Heavy. It's obvious that the old man is the cause of the disruption - his eyes burn with a firey luminessence the colour of octarine, and a moment later an energy of the same colour envelops him. He speaks again, this time his voice sounds as if it was spoken from a vast depth, rumbling and echoing inside some massive chamber before projecting outward, "It didn't have to be this way, but it seems the Tin Man has a heart after all. In the end it doesn't matter; there are worse things that witches. Here there be dragons!" As he says the last word, the energy that surrounds him springs forward, striking the six goos in the room. At the energy's touch, the men scream in sudden pain as their bodies writhe and warp. Their clothes tear from their bodies as their skin gives way to leathery skin, or scales, or matted fur. Their mouths are suddenly full of grotesque fangs and their hands become large claws. Within moments the men seem to be gone, replaced with 6 hulking beings. Their description could best be surmised in a single name - demons!

The first one moves - one of the former big men. He grabs Kirk, throwing him over it's shoulder.

The second one moves, this one was the big man come doctor. His new serpentine form springs forward, striking Heavy with his scaley tail.

The next newly formed Demon, the once thin man doctor, crackles with electrical energy. Slowly it lifts a single finger before a large bolt of electricity erupts from the tip, catching Heavy off guard . While he doesn't feel any pain, Heavy's helm readouts flash brightly, and he has to strain against the glare.

The fourth Demon, this one with a blue energy that seems to seep out from deep cracks in it's skin, suddenly disappears. In less than an instant, it's behind Heavy at the doors. Holding up it's hands, the smokey blue energy seems to solidify, blocking off the doorway and the Demon behind it.

The fifth Demon, the last of the former 'thin men', takes to the air with large, leathery wings. It seems to do nothing by stare at Heavy, until he hears the voice inside his head. It sounds eerily sweet and all it asks is that you give up. Throw down you weapons and stop breathing.

Finally, the last one makes a move. This one, the lasrt of the 'big men' is now basically an overgrown spider creature. It doesn't speak, but hisses and clicks before it sprays a gross black web at Heavy, which he manages to avoid.

Kirk, meanwhile, struggles in vein to free himself from the first demon's grasp.

Before heavy has a chance to act, the whole room begins to shake. Nothing too violent, but there is a definate and sustained shudder that works the walls of the place. The instruments near the bed vibrate and a clipboard resting on one of them clatters to the ground. Although all the twins brace themselves against the movement, they don't seem suprised by it, and continue to stare at Heavy. It's obvious that the old man is the cause of the disruption - his eyes burn with a firey luminessence the colour of octarine, and a moment later an energy of the same colour envelops him. He speaks again, this time his voice sounds as if it was spoken from a vast depth, rumbling and echoing inside some massive chamber before projecting outward, "It didn't have to be this way, but it seems the Tin Man has a heart after all. In the end it doesn't matter; there are worse things that witches. Here there be dragons!" As he says the last word, the energy that surrounds him springs forward, striking the six goos in the room. At the energy's touch, the men scream in sudden pain as their bodies writhe and warp. Their clothes tear from their bodies as their skin gives way to leathery skin, or scales, or matted fur. Their mouths are suddenly full of grotesque fangs and their hands become large claws. Within moments the men seem to be gone, replaced with 6 hulking beings. Their description could best be surmised in a single name - demons!

The first one moves - one of the former big men. He grabs Kirk, throwing him over it's shoulder.

The second one moves, this one was the big man come doctor. His new serpentine form springs forward, striking Heavy with his scaley tail.

The next newly formed Demon, the once thin man doctor, crackles with electrical energy. Slowly it lifts a single finger before a large bolt of electricity erupts from the tip, catching Heavy off guard . While he doesn't feel any pain, Heavy's helm readouts flash brightly, and he has to strain against the glare.

The fourth Demon, this one with a blue energy that seems to seep out from deep cracks in it's skin, suddenly disappears. In less than an instant, it's behind Heavy at the doors. Holding up it's hands, the smokey blue energy seems to solidify, blocking off the doorway and the Demon behind it.

The fifth Demon, the last of the former 'thin men', takes to the air with large, leathery wings. It seems to do nothing by stare at Heavy, until he hears the voice inside his head. It sounds eerily sweet and all it asks is that you give up. Throw down you weapons and stop breathing.

Finally, the last one makes a move. This one, the lasrt of the 'big men' is now basically an overgrown spider creature. It doesn't speak, but hisses and clicks before it sprays a gross black web at Heavy, which he manages to avoid.

Kirk, meanwhile, struggles in vein to free himself from the first demon's grasp.

Heavy can't turn his head in time to avoid the flash of light or whatever it was that comes at him. He is blinded by the light, but he grits his teeth to avoid letting his opponents know that. He had last seen a couple of them coming at him, and he braces for impact.

Due to his slow movement, or not expecting demons, or being blind, one of them manages to land a blow on him. He easily toughs it out and shouts "Is that the best you can do?"

Of course, that's when one of the demons tries to get inside his head. He almost falls for it, but a small voice inside him asks "What weapons? You are a weapon. Fight it." He shakes his head and bares his teeth forward, though it can't be seen behind the helm.

Now, he's stuck with trying to figure out how to get Kirk, get out the door, and deal with at least five or six demons that are trying to kill him. That old man might not be human either, for what it's worth. As a stall while he tries to see through the spots dancing in his eyes, he pulls everything in the room down, hoping that at least some of the demons won't be as strong as he is. He knows that Kirk will be pulled down as well, but he can release him once he can see again.

Heavy can't turn his head in time to avoid the flash of light or whatever it was that comes at him. He is blinded by the light, but he grits his teeth to avoid letting his opponents know that. He had last seen a couple of them coming at him, and he braces for impact.

Due to his slow movement, or not expecting demons, or being blind, one of them manages to land a blow on him. He easily toughs it out and shouts "Is that the best you can do?"

Of course, that's when one of the demons tries to get inside his head. He almost falls for it, but a small voice inside him asks "What weapons? You are a weapon. Fight it." He shakes his head and bares his teeth forward, though it can't be seen behind the helm.

Now, he's stuck with trying to figure out how to get Kirk, get out the door, and deal with at least five or six demons that are trying to kill him. That old man might not be human either, for what it's worth. As a stall while he tries to see through the spots dancing in his eyes, he pulls everything in the room down, hoping that at least some of the demons won't be as strong as he is. He knows that Kirk will be pulled down as well, but he can release him once he can see again.

Heavy plan works - heavy gravitic energy presses down inside the room. Machines fail as they buckle under their own weight, and the bes that Kirk was supposed to be put on collapses. Everyone but Heavy falls against the floor. The 'thuds' come at iregular intervals, beginning with the demon that was flying, and ending with the spider-like one, but they all end up on their bellies. Even the old man falls back into his seat. His glow intesifies - he's angry. "No, no, no noooooo!" Nothing happens quite yet, but there is a dramatic increase in octarine energy around the elderly gent.

Heavy plan works - heavy gravitic energy presses down inside the room. Machines fail as they buckle under their own weight, and the bes that Kirk was supposed to be put on collapses. Everyone but Heavy falls against the floor. The 'thuds' come at iregular intervals, beginning with the demon that was flying, and ending with the spider-like one, but they all end up on their bellies. Even the old man falls back into his seat. His glow intesifies - he's angry. "No, no, no noooooo!" Nothing happens quite yet, but there is a dramatic increase in octarine energy around the elderly gent.

By now, the glow around the man is intensly bright! Huge streams of energy fly back and forward across the space, though they don't seem to have any effect of the room or it's contents. The energy, it seems, is actually somewhere else - another plane perhaps? In any case, it's quite the light show. Behind it all, the man's voice grows increasingly loud. Exactly what he's saying can't rightly be percieved. He may be speaking in some other language. In any case, the voice grows progressively deeper and more forboding. Massive beams of energy reach out and strike the demons as they lay there. Once again they scream in pain as their forms again twist and convulse. After a few moments, there is nothing left of them but dust and chunks of bone - the engery has sucked out their very life force. By this time, the man's voice has become something else entirely - something deep, something dark, and something evil. The massive amount of energy currently encircling his body clouds any ability to see his true form, but you're certian that whatever he looks like now, it isn't an old man in a chair.

By now, the glow around the man is intensly bright! Huge streams of energy fly back and forward across the space, though they don't seem to have any effect of the room or it's contents. The energy, it seems, is actually somewhere else - another plane perhaps? In any case, it's quite the light show. Behind it all, the man's voice grows increasingly loud. Exactly what he's saying can't rightly be percieved. He may be speaking in some other language. In any case, the voice grows progressively deeper and more forboding. Massive beams of energy reach out and strike the demons as they lay there. Once again they scream in pain as their forms again twist and convulse. After a few moments, there is nothing left of them but dust and chunks of bone - the engery has sucked out their very life force. By this time, the man's voice has become something else entirely - something deep, something dark, and something evil. The massive amount of energy currently encircling his body clouds any ability to see his true form, but you're certian that whatever he looks like now, it isn't an old man in a chair.

"Don't look back. Run," says Heavy as he helps Adam Kirk up, releasing the weight that he had put on them. The demons were all dead now, and it didn't seem to be having an effect on the old man anyway.

What he can't actually see now is as frightening as anything from the time of Sodom and Gomorrah, and the villain for whom he had been working has crossed the line from "does illegal stuff" to "does immoral stuff." The law hasn't been a concern for Heavy for many years, but the man inside the suit still has some streak of decency inside. He might be able to run from whatever that thing is, but it'd just come after him later. Now is the time to make a stand. He releases a bolt of gravitic energy, roughly towards the center of the maelstrom.

"Don't look back. Run," says Heavy as he helps Adam Kirk up, releasing the weight that he had put on them. The demons were all dead now, and it didn't seem to be having an effect on the old man anyway.

What he can't actually see now is as frightening as anything from the time of Sodom and Gomorrah, and the villain for whom he had been working has crossed the line from "does illegal stuff" to "does immoral stuff." The law hasn't been a concern for Heavy for many years, but the man inside the suit still has some streak of decency inside. He might be able to run from whatever that thing is, but it'd just come after him later. Now is the time to make a stand. He releases a bolt of gravitic energy, roughly towards the center of the maelstrom.

Heavy's attack flies forward, and into the storm. Judging by the deep, rumbling cry, he certainly hit something - what that thing was, is the question. Both Heavy and Kirk recieve their answer. The massive discharges of engegy seem to quickly recede. They draw backward, revealing something truely horrific.

oldman.jpg

The creature is something to behold, something of a mishmash of every concievable nightmare. The old man, now naked and limp, bobs in a space that appears to be inside of the demon, in it's stomach area. Although the man doesn't seem to be concious, his eyes are open and his grin is easily apparent.

The sound that accompanies the beast is just as terrible as it's physical appearance - a kind of low, constant scream of anguish. Currently it stands idle, shaking it's head as if trying to dispel a cloud.

Kirk screams in abject terror, scrambling back toward the door, which he manages to open.

Heavy's attack flies forward, and into the storm. Judging by the deep, rumbling cry, he certainly hit something - what that thing was, is the question. Both Heavy and Kirk recieve their answer. The massive discharges of engegy seem to quickly recede. They draw backward, revealing something truely horrific.

oldman.jpg

The creature is something to behold, something of a mishmash of every concievable nightmare. The old man, now naked and limp, bobs in a space that appears to be inside of the demon, in it's stomach area. Although the man doesn't seem to be concious, his eyes are open and his grin is easily apparent.

The sound that accompanies the beast is just as terrible as it's physical appearance - a kind of low, constant scream of anguish. Currently it stands idle, shaking it's head as if trying to dispel a cloud.

Kirk screams in abject terror, scrambling back toward the door, which he manages to open.

"Hold up there, Kirk! There could be more out there!" Heavy shouts. He doesn't actually believe that, but he figures that it's the best chance he has to keep him close without chasing after him. There are things you don't want to turn your back on. This is one of them.

Still, it looks distracted. Maybe his powers might actually have an effect against it. Heavy smiles to himself, trying to ignore the taste of vomit creeping up from his stomach. He punches harder than he shoots. It's time to see if knocking out the man in the middle causes everything to go back to normal. Well, the normal that doesn't have demons attacking.

Charging forward, Heavy unleashes a mighty blow. And by mighty blow, he wasn't kidding. It was a mighty blow indeed.