The job

cosmicarus

Heavy glances to see the irate Englishman's tirade. Inside the suit, he smiles for a moment, then stops before he speaks. "I'll leave. Good luck, fellas. I'll see some of you out there." With that, he steps around any villains in his way and heads outdoors. He takes the time to put on the trenchcoat and hat again, though he leaves his helm on.

It has had time to get dark out, and that means that he's willing to be a little less circumspect about his powers. He walks around to the side of the building, then flies up to wait on the roof, watching the front door to see when other folks come out. He's split between forcing Myron to tell him what the target is immediately, or pounding that loudmouth's head into the ground. Nobody talks about his mother that way.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. The armored man seems reasonably intelligent and also able to reject triviality when it demands to dictate one's path. That is good. And he will have a slight delay in obtaining the necessary information, while I am in position to hear it firsthand. This is also good.

However, the contractor's representative seems to hint at a kill, not a theft. While this is more in line with my skills, it is much less possible to 'sell elsewhere', as it were. Then again, a reputation can also be made from simply being able to eliminate the target before this many competitiors could, without it being even known that I was in the running at all.

Perhaps a reputation could also be made about some things that can be done about clients who refuse to pay up for foolish reasons. Or not.

Satori remained relaxed and confident, waiting to see what his future will bring...

Ah. The armored man seems reasonably intelligent and also able to reject triviality when it demands to dictate one's path. That is good. And he will have a slight delay in obtaining the necessary information, while I am in position to hear it firsthand. This is also good.

However, the contractor's representative seems to hint at a kill, not a theft. While this is more in line with my skills, it is much less possible to 'sell elsewhere', as it were. Then again, a reputation can also be made from simply being able to eliminate the target before this many competitiors could, without it being even known that I was in the running at all.

Perhaps a reputation could also be made about some things that can be done about clients who refuse to pay up for foolish reasons. Or not.

Satori remained relaxed and confident, waiting to see what his future will bring...

14 Gordino St, Southside - 7:56pm

The big man continues after Heavy leaves, "As for the rest of you, thanks for staying. As we said before, this is a snatch and grab - but that doesn't mean you can't be careful. We've been instructed to tell you that the target is precious - not to be harmed. Any damage to the mark will result in no-body getting anything, so be careful." The Englishman doesn't seem to have settled down after his outbust, the floor creaks under his weight as he points his wrecking-ball squarely at the big man, "Look you - you jus' better 'urry up 'n tell me what it is we're goin' afta', or I'm gonna start gettin' physical. I wrote me name on your stupid sheet and now I gots ta get paid." The big man eyes the Englishman severely before continuing as if he wasn't even there, "Once you have the mark, you are to return with it here, at which time we'll tell you where to go with it. Only those who have their names on this sheet will be given the further information. We asked you to do this because it may not be us who'll be here to greet you - that just depends on a few other things tonight. In any case, we don't expect this thing to be dragged out longer than a few hours. Just find your mark, bring it back here, unharmed, and then we'll let you know where to go to drop it off and collect your payment. Easy, right? Ready?" The entire room seems to lean forward in anticipation, and for a moment there is nothing but the chill wind blowing through the cracks in the walls and the click... click... click of the thin man's pez dispencer. The big man continues, "The mark is Adam Kirk. For those who don't know him, he's a big time actor/producer type who has a house in North Bay. He's in town at the moment. Go get him. For a moment there is silence in the room but, surprisingly, it's Myron who pipes up first, "But he could be anywhere - North Bay ain't exactly a small place." The big man rounds on him with a granite stare, "Do I look like I care - there are seven of you, you think I want you all going to the same place? You'll kill the mark whilst fighting over him. Now get out of my sight."

The melting man is the first one to make a break for the door, followed by the others in quick succession. Myron weasles his way out whilst the Englishman thumps loudly out to the street. After a few moments, all that is left in the room is the two MCs and a grating click... click... click. Just as he exits the building, The Englishman swings his massive arm sending a young man dressed all in black flying across the road and into the wall of the warehouse building across the street. The Englishman then halts and gives a sort of proclamation, "Anyone touches that bloody actor, I'm gonna come fer 'em - the money is mine already, don't tire yourself out".

The big man continues after Heavy leaves, "As for the rest of you, thanks for staying. As we said before, this is a snatch and grab - but that doesn't mean you can't be careful. We've been instructed to tell you that the target is precious - not to be harmed. Any damage to the mark will result in no-body getting anything, so be careful." The Englishman doesn't seem to have settled down after his outbust, the floor creaks under his weight as he points his wrecking-ball squarely at the big man, "Look you - you jus' better 'urry up 'n tell me what it is we're goin' afta', or I'm gonna start gettin' physical. I wrote me name on your stupid sheet and now I gots ta get paid." The big man eyes the Englishman severely before continuing as if he wasn't even there, "Once you have the mark, you are to return with it here, at which time we'll tell you where to go with it. Only those who have their names on this sheet will be given the further information. We asked you to do this because it may not be us who'll be here to greet you - that just depends on a few other things tonight. In any case, we don't expect this thing to be dragged out longer than a few hours. Just find your mark, bring it back here, unharmed, and then we'll let you know where to go to drop it off and collect your payment. Easy, right? Ready?" The entire room seems to lean forward in anticipation, and for a moment there is nothing but the chill wind blowing through the cracks in the walls and the click... click... click of the thin man's pez dispencer. The big man continues, "The mark is Adam Kirk. For those who don't know him, he's a big time actor/producer type who has a house in North Bay. He's in town at the moment. Go get him. For a moment there is silence in the room but, surprisingly, it's Myron who pipes up first, "But he could be anywhere - North Bay ain't exactly a small place." The big man rounds on him with a granite stare, "Do I look like I care - there are seven of you, you think I want you all going to the same place? You'll kill the mark whilst fighting over him. Now get out of my sight."

The melting man is the first one to make a break for the door, followed by the others in quick succession. Myron weasles his way out whilst the Englishman thumps loudly out to the street. After a few moments, all that is left in the room is the two MCs and a grating click... click... click. Just as he exits the building, The Englishman swings his massive arm sending a young man dressed all in black flying across the road and into the wall of the warehouse building across the street. The Englishman then halts and gives a sort of proclamation, "Anyone touches that bloody actor, I'm gonna come fer 'em - the money is mine already, don't tire yourself out".

Heavy sits near the eave of the roof, waiting for the group to file out. Whatever instructions that the two men inside gave, they weren't very long. The melting guy heads out, then Myron, just before... there. That's his mark, as far as he's concerned. He increases to his full weight and vaults himself over and down, driving into the Englishman with over a ton of force, just from his weight alone. Unfortunately for the one-man wrecking crew, Heavy isn't just heavy: he's also strong enough to toss a car over his head with little effort.

Heavy sits near the eave of the roof, waiting for the group to file out. Whatever instructions that the two men inside gave, they weren't very long. The melting guy heads out, then Myron, just before... there. That's his mark, as far as he's concerned. He increases to his full weight and vaults himself over and down, driving into the Englishman with over a ton of force, just from his weight alone. Unfortunately for the one-man wrecking crew, Heavy isn't just heavy: he's also strong enough to toss a car over his head with little effort.

The Englishman is caught completely by surprise. There is the very loud sound of metal being thrown against metal and the Englishman fails to hold both of their weights, falling face first into the ground. He's winded, but not out. From inside of his chest comes a metallic growl that seems to echo upward from a great space, "Who ever you are, you just made a big mistake."

The Englishman is caught completely by surprise. There is the very loud sound of metal being thrown against metal and the Englishman fails to hold both of their weights, falling face first into the ground. He's winded, but not out. From inside of his chest comes a metallic growl that seems to echo upward from a great space, "Who ever you are, you just made a big mistake."

Unfortunately, Heavy isn't one for witty banter. His only reply to the prone villain's threat is "Shut up." He lifts his left foot and slams it down into the Englishman's arm, just as strong as before. He's doing his best to knock the man out without killing him, and the arm makes for a good target on that front. There's only so much pain a man can take, and it's clear that Heavy is capable of dishing out quite a lot.

Unfortunately, Heavy isn't one for witty banter. His only reply to the prone villain's threat is "Shut up." He lifts his left foot and slams it down into the Englishman's arm, just as strong as before. He's doing his best to knock the man out without killing him, and the arm makes for a good target on that front. There's only so much pain a man can take, and it's clear that Heavy is capable of dishing out quite a lot.

Heavy grimaces in anger behind his mask. He's not a violent person, most of the time, but this guy keeps rolling on the ground, not able to fight back for the moment but not out of the fight. A part of him thinks that maybe, he's angry because this Englishman reminds him of himself somehow, but he silences that voice with a staccato of punches.

"Why - won't - you - stay - down?!" he asks rhetorically, each word accompanied by a punch to the man. He notices that his fists seem to clang as he makes contact, even when it looks like he's hitting flesh.

Heavy grimaces in anger behind his mask. He's not a violent person, most of the time, but this guy keeps rolling on the ground, not able to fight back for the moment but not out of the fight. A part of him thinks that maybe, he's angry because this Englishman reminds him of himself somehow, but he silences that voice with a staccato of punches.

"Why - won't - you - stay - down?!" he asks rhetorically, each word accompanied by a punch to the man. He notices that his fists seem to clang as he makes contact, even when it looks like he's hitting flesh.

14 Gordino St, Southside - 8:02pm

In direct contrast to the violent scene playing around him, Wrecking-Ball percieves the world as slowing down gracefully. His mind drifts back until he hears a familiar ringing and he's dancing; dancing with another man while people watch on screaming. This other man is giving him a gift of red leather flowers, and then everything goes black. He remembers this feeling and embraces it - something about it makes him feel welcome.

Around them, the other villains can be seen running away, mostly going North. A manhole cover is ripped open before the ratty man quickly disappears inside; another jumps in a waiting car which begins to to high tail it down the street whilst the melting man 'slinkies' his way up the street making remarkable progress. Truly, the race is on.

In direct contrast to the violent scene playing around him, Wrecking-Ball percieves the world as slowing down gracefully. His mind drifts back until he hears a familiar ringing and he's dancing; dancing with another man while people watch on screaming. This other man is giving him a gift of red leather flowers, and then everything goes black. He remembers this feeling and embraces it - something about it makes him feel welcome.

Around them, the other villains can be seen running away, mostly going North. A manhole cover is ripped open before the ratty man quickly disappears inside; another jumps in a waiting car which begins to to high tail it down the street whilst the melting man 'slinkies' his way up the street making remarkable progress. Truly, the race is on.