Jamais vous all over again [OPEN]

Claremont Academy, Morning

If you weren't paying attention it might seem that the two had arrived the normal way, rather than via teleporter, a guardian and their ward arriving on their first day at a new school.

It looks familiar, but I don't remember anything about this place Daphne looked around with something approaching wide-eyed wonder Did I really go to school here?

"You previously went to a place called Wells High School, though you did assist them when you were older. And remember to speak not use telepathy, humans are unnerved by such things!" Uncle Rick spoke with a deep melodic voice, that well-suited his current human identity

"You are probably experiencing Jamais Vous, the experience of feeling you know a place without remembering anything about the location." the third voice came from a cube attached to Daphne's patch-festooned backpack, who (the cube, not the bag) was Mother Unit Daphne's carer for want of a better word.

"Though it is probably best you keep quiet, humans are still nervous around Artificial General Intelligences."

As they chatted away the group drew nearer to the building where some of its many students were already milling around for many and various reasons related to the still early day.

Cerebral and Cerebellum 

Iris was reading a book by herself near the entrance, nearby Daniel was doing some stretches having just come back from a jog, well they both had but it seemed as though the twins had different ways of calming themselves down. Upon seeing the new faces, Daniel would smile and make his way over. Iris just peaked her head up from her book and watched them, somewhat creepily, from her spot. 

"Hello! You all seem new!" The young man smiled at the newcomers, though his eyes clocked the strange cube that Daphne had on her bag but paid it no mind for the moment. "Welcome to Claremont Academy!""

Blue Bolt

Vueriz had been waiting for the pair, having been forewarned by dint of Rick also being her legal guardian, so changes in circumstances like the arrival of another person under his care weren't practical to hide. As such, she had been nearby to welcome Daphne to the school, but somehow the twins beat her there. Were they precognitive? Or perhaps they had read her mind to be forewarned. (She dismissed coincidence as unlikely, and noted to make a anti mind reading device at some point.)

Still, she approached, now slightly awkward and wondering how to go about this. If she already knew them it might make the twins suspicious of Rick, which could be bad, but if she pretended not to know that would be rude, and Daphne seemed cool. Her traitorous feet carried her to the three (and more distant fourth) before she had solved this new terrible question and she managed an abortive "Hi."

Edited by Kaede Kimura

Mz Grue

Having learned an important lesson about humans she made sure it was okay before giving the twins a big friendly hug! She was interacting with real humans and superheroes at that!

"Yes, I'm new! I'm Daphne Celeste and I just arrived from well out of state! I was named after my Aunt, but not the same Aunt as my Uncle here but the other side of the family, because that could get like really weird! Family are weird like that, I guess...?" somehow Daphne had managed to say all that without having to take a single breath "Sorry this is all so exciting! I've never been to any place just like this and I'm babbling aren't I?"

Meanwhile, Pseudo, who was used to Daphne's manners by now, took a moment to talk to his other ward.

"I have been following your progress Vueriz, and I am pleased that things have been going well! After this, I have to go back out on business, but I will make sure to return before the school holidays. If you wish you can spend that time visiting the 'house, maybe you could bring some friends to visit?"

Michael had beeen shooting some hoops- as the old people say- with some of the other kids when he spied the twins and Veuriz moving in to greet what appeared to be a new student. Curiosity overtook his impulses and he passed the ball off to someone else and tagged out with another waiting student to go see these two new people.

Dressed in a basketball jersey and shorts with some sneakers, he ran a hand through his brown hair as he approached, managing to look surprisingly well put together for someone who had just been playing sports.

"Veuriz, Iris, Daniel. Nice to see you three." he said before turning to the other two and extending his hand. "I'm Michael Adon, it's nice to meet you both. I always enjoy meeting new students."

Cerebral and Cerebellum 

"Nice to meet you Daphne!" Daniel started and then called Iris over, she would clsose and put her book away before hopping up and walking over to the group. Meanwhile her brother just kept talking. "Families can be weird haha...well my name is Daniel."

"My name is Iris." His sibling spoke as she moved up alongside him.

"It's nice to meet you." The twins spoke at the same time as if this was rehersed, but it really wasn't. At the offer of a hug, Daniel accepted while Iris declined. She would just nod her head in greetings before spotting Vueriz and Michael and waving at them. "Heyo."

Blue Bolt

Vueriz had initially borne misgivings at having a legal guardian, expecting some tool of The Man, assigned to keep an eye on her. She had been very pleasantly surprised by Rick, a fellow alien who had rebelled from his conformist home government to protect the world alongside the mighty Freedom League. It was the stuff legends were made of. As such, the praise made her swell with pride, and the invitation to visit the Lighthouse, with her friends? The coolest. She held back from exploding with excitement and doing something uncool (like hugging his leg). Instead she vibrated on the spot for a moment before giving Rick a thumbs up and a "You betcha!"

She held back from immediately running away crowing with joy, since it was still Daphne's introduction o'clock. Instead she made her way to the other teens, supposing that given Rick hadn't exactly made a secret of knowing her she didn't need to worry about her earlier concerns, jumping obey the conversationwith an excited. "Hey guys!"

Edited by Kaede Kimura