Tropical Getaway: Bernadette's Version (IC)

Multi-Girl

Bernadette had not been particularly surprised when Michael had turned down the invitation to go climbing/exploring more of the island, indicting his intention to wait for Carmen. What the younger teen had not realized was that Carmen had been sneaking up on him at that moment. The redhead chuckled slightly as the cat-girl surprised Michael some before turning back to Jonah and the others as they started off away from the deck towards one of the trails from the main house.

"Well, outdoorsy in that I play lacrosse outdoors." The Irish teen answered with a small grin. "But more seriously, the hills here don' seem particularly dauntin' so I should be alright fer any climb we decided ta try."

Soon the group that was heading off to explore was making their way along a path from the house, some small bags with water and phones in addition to the equipment Jonah had with him.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cerebral and Cerebellum 

The twins would rush get changed into more causal walking clothes, before rejoining the exploration group. They made sure to keep mostly quiet. For Iris this was easy but Daniel was somewhat struggling, hence why he opened his mouth. 

"In truth, neither myself or my sister have ever been Rock Climbing or any kind of climbing before..." Not just because they were more indoor people, even Daniel, but because one did not have time for such things when they were struggling to survive on the streets...or doing worse. 

"So umm...where exactly are we going?"

"There are some cliffs just to the north of estate, might be on someone's property, but I think we'll be fine." Jonah said with grinning confidence at the twins. "I do have chalk for people's hands, but, if if you're not feeling comfortable with what we're doing, I'll find the easiest. Don't need to earn my Eagle scout this way." He laughed a bit, his voice deep and sonorous in a way that a mountain's might be.

Of course, he thought it would be easy, given he was a guy who practiced on great than 90 degree cliffs his scale might be off, but he figured he could help everyone there without tapping the primordial might he could draw on.

Multi-Girl

The path the teens took lead away from the house and into a part of the compound that was covered with jungle. After a short while, the came to a gate in a fence that allowed them to continue along the path until they eventually reached the cliffs Jonah had mentioned, which were a short way off the path, though the trees were rather spares along the base of the cliffs.

The cliff side stretched almost a hundred meters, with the section along the right only rising about fifty or so feet and looking like an easier climb. To the left the cliff rose almost one hundred feet and seemed a bit more challenging climb.

Bernadette took a look at the cliffs as she grinned slightly. "Well, this may take a wee bit, but I'll get up there." She said as she took some of the calk Jonah offered and started over towards the higher cliffs on the left.

"See you at the top!" declared Owain ebulliently. Flapping his wings, he flew leisurely up the higher cliffs, taking advantage of the warm updrafts nearby. He was in no particular hurry and was looking forward to watching his friends climb, so he took his time, at the same moment trying to not seem that he was lording it over them. So he kept his distance, though he stayed without shouting range. 

Neko muttered something that sounded rude but affectionate in Japanese as she watched Owain fly away, calking her hands too as they got ready. She showed no hesitation in heading for the easier cliff, though she did kick off her shoes and tie them to her belt before she started actually climbing, seeming to be equally nimble with both hands and feet.