My Evil Twin (OOC)

Huckleberry

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. I think maybe I can answer my own questions. Maybe, "your Grapple check" only refers to a Grapple check you make on your standard action, not the grapple check you make in the contest when someone else initiates. Strange language, but I think I get it now. 

Well, that is what it would mean in the rule book, but like I said, I believe our changes deleted that line. You can either make the concentration check and use your standard action to activate some power to try to escape, or use the standard action to oppose the grapple again.

Thanks for pointing out the house rules!

So, Ruin will try to escape,  rolling 12.

Rot tries to hang on, with a 7.

So, Rot pins Ruin, but then she breaks free.

I'll post on the staff's phone call and the girls' wrasslin' and then it will be Bernadette's turn. 

Ruin rolls a 22, which is a natural 20, but I believe still fails by 6, which I think means Multi-Girl pins her. 

Sorry about the misread on Bernadette's preferred problem-solving approaches. We can do this as a beat-em-up, and have Ruin be more readily KO-able.

Alright, Consuelo will help Bernadette keep a hold on Ruin, which I believe will give Multi-Girl a +2 to her Grappling checks.

Ruin will forgo grappling and try to area effect disintegrate Multi-Girl . . . which brings up the question: what about the Reflex save for Bernadette? Can she make a reflex save vs an area effect while grappling Ruin? I have a vague recollection of reading something about a character that can move can make a reflex save. So I guess Bernadette could move by either letting go of Ruin or making an opposed strength check to drag her with her? Not sure about the rules here, could use some help.

Either way, it would be a rank 8 toughness drain and a rank 8 damage against Bernadette.

The Albright employee (whose name is Carnelia) will be running off to try to get more help, which I'll describe IC after the rolls are resolved.

Consuelo will keep helping Bernadette for the +2 to her grapple check.

Ruin will lash out with disintegration, only this time targeting both Multi-Girl and her double. So,  DC 18 Reflex save for half effect then rank 8 Toughness Drain and rank 8 damage for each.

Carnelia will dash off down the hallway to try to get more help while the heroes continue to try to contain Ruin.

Okay, Duplicate gets a 28 on the reflex save. DC 14 on the Fort save v. Drain: 17; DC 19 toughness: 17, so a bruise.

Multi Girl gets a gets a 21 on her reflex save. DC 14 for the Fort save: 28; DC 19 Toughness: 12, don't want to lose the pin, so will spend her HP to reroll, which will auto succeed as the lowest she can roll is 21.

Multi-Girl will free action maintain the pin.

The Duplicate will power attack -2atk/+2 dam (for +15 base) and use her full round action to deliver a coup de grace, which auto hits for a critical hit, meaning she does +20 damage, even halved that is still +10, if Ruin is not knocked out, she still must make a DC20 Fort save, or still be knocked out.