Horrorshow

Davyd sheepishly untwisted himself as those around him talked, smoothing out his appearance into something less helical.  Once he was sorted, he bowed again towards the monks.

"Ah!," he exlaimed at Rex's words, looking back and forth at the Dangers, "well that explains it!  He can't very well ask for directions if he can't communicate with them, can he?  Just finding food and a bathroom were probbly major challenges!  Now," he slowly paced around Veronica and Lulu, "if only we had some way to translate foreign tongues.  Some sort of... psychic, or even... mystical ability.  Why, I bet even a shapeshifting infiltrator would be useful to have about now!  But where, oh, where might we find one?"  He stood between the two, placing one arm on each shoulder, and flashed Rex a wink.

Crystal-Gazer

Lulu shook her head and rolled her eyes at Davyd's theatrics, but he wasn't wrong; between the three of them, they could all operate very well in foreign lands, even though Lulu's telepathy could be a bit invasive and unnerving.

"Why don't one of y'all make th' introductions; no sense me spookin' 'em with mah voice in their heads."

In the meantime, the Southern belle put her arm around Davyd's waist to steady herself (plus let's be honest, it was an awful nice waist) as her eyes went unfocused and she had a look around the property, just to make sure there were no hidden threats.

Veronica Danger

Veronica gave Davyd a slight smirk at his comments. "When did you become so brutally sarcastic." She replied, though her tone was light. The brunette stepped forward, raising up both hands, palms out towards the group of monks. The young Danger then moving her hands, golden arcane energy trailing behind her fingers as she traced several runes which hung in the air until she finished her movements and brought her hands together and the runes glowed brightly for a moment before vanishing.

"I am Veronica Danger, thank you for your hospitality to my brother. These are my companions, Davyd Palahniuk and Louise Beaumont." Veronica said, giving the monks a small bow.

The monks seemed slightly surprised, but apparently able to understand her, as they bowed in return, the monk that had been sparring with Rex responding, with everyone present able to understand him. "We are honored to meet each of you, we trust that your journey has been without incident. Welcome, to Shambala Vale."

Horrorshow

"Must be all those actors I've been dealing with," he replied, matching her smirk, "rubbing off on me.  Then again, when you can bend as much as I do, you're bound to become a bit... arch," he winked.

As soon as the trio had seen their first Shambalan, a part of Davyd's mind had been reaching out.  Just as his body sometimes shifted unconsciously to imitate aspects of people with whom he'd interacted, his mind often reached out telepathically.  Not enough to read even a person's topmost surface thoughts, but just enough to glean the intent behind any words they were speaking.  He had been training to get that under a more conscious control, much like with his physical transformations, as sometimes speaking a stranger's language could cause more issues than not being able to speak it.  But now, he needed that connection, so he allowed his mind to reach out so he could immerse himself in the Shambalan language.

Of course, Veronica's mojo had been a big help, both for getting the translations and in serving as a cover for his own abilities.  

(Especially useful given how distracting Lulu's arm around his waist was!)

He gave a small bow to the 'lead' monk, "you have a lovely home here."

• 3 weeks later...

Crystal-Gazer

Seeing nothing alarming in the area, Lulu blinked a few times as her vision returned to normal. She playfully slapped Davyd twice on the back as she turned her attention back to the monks. "Well it's a real pleasure to meet y'all; you take real good care of all the decorative plants and such."

The redhead stood there for a few seconds, hands on her hips as she nodded, until she cleared her throat.

"Uh, not to impose or nothin', but do y'all have anythin' to drink? Heck, jus' water would be fine. Ah worked up a mean thirst lookin' for this one."

She pointed at Rex and winked.