Building Better Bowmen

Ecalsneerg

Right, during the recent character updates I've come into a spot of bother. I want Arrowhawk to be able to Autofire his arrows based on his skills, not the Device. However, the refs don't like my suggestion of having the AP outside the trick arrow array, neither do they like my idea of restricing only some APs within the device to those with an attack bonus of a certain level.

So really, I have no idea on how to do a character with a bow and trick arrows everyone can use, but an autofire attack based on his skill with aforementioned bow and arrows within the board rules here. To avoid derailing the other thread, can somebody help me out here?

I suggested this to you in the chat, but I'll repeat it out here to give other people something to mull over :P You probably dont need a device. What you need is a Blast power with the flaw of having a ranged weapon in hand. For example:

Blast 10 (Extra: Autofire; Flaw:must have ranged weapon)

Now if you want the trick arrows there's two ways doing that. One you could just by luck feats as Power feats

Blast 10 (Extra: Autofire; Flaw:must have ranged weapon; Power Feats: Luck 5)

Alternately, you COULD do the trick arrows, just flaw them to only work wen you have a bow

Blast 10 (Extra: Autofire; Flaw:must have ranged weapon)

AP: Stun 10 (Extra: Autofire; Flaw:must have bow)

Well that's my 2 cents.

Dude, you take one more point of restricted and the bow becomes as to you as Odysseus' bow was to him, problem solved.

But you said here:

Because restricted on a device applies to the whole device, not just pieces of the device.

implying the restircted feat couldn't just be applied to certain applications of the device.

More suggestions from chat for people to think about :P You could put Restricted on the powers instead of the device itself.

So, that'd make it look like this:

Lose:

Attack Focus (Ranged) 1

Eidetic Memory

Equipment [lose Sap and Grappling Gun; the gun is brought into the bow and the sap was forgotten about so gets ditched]

Gain:

Increase Device rank by 1

Device 4 (Easy to Lose; Bow and trick arrows)

Devices: Bow & Arrows

Blast 3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Improved Range, Mighty 3, Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing]) Normal, blunt and bladed arrows

AP: Blast 3 (Extras: Autofire, Flaws: Full-round Action, Feats: Mighty 2, Restricted [those with +8 attack bonus or greater], Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning/piercing/slashing]) Rapid shot

AP: Blast 3 (Extras: Penetrating 4, Feats: Mighty 3, Drawbacks: Reduced Range [5 increments]) Explosive-tipped arrows

AP: Dazzle 4 (visual, Extras: Area-Burst) Flash-bang arrows

AP: Fatigue 4 (Extras: Ranged) Tranquiliser arrows

AP: Nullify 6 (technology descriptor) EMP arrows

AP: Obscure 6 (visual; 250’ radius, Extras: Independent) Smokebomb arrows

AP: Stun 4 (Extras: Ranged) Taser arrows

AP: Super-Movement 1 (Swinging) Grapnel arrow

But you said here:

implying the restircted feat couldn't just be applied to certain applications of the device.

Because it can't.

What you can do is take restricted two times on the device. This then means that the restriction on the device is that you are the only one who can use it, nothing else.

Basically I think it would be more suitable as feats rather than powers.

Quick attack (levelled feat)

You are able to wield a weapon much faster than usual, without losing precision. When selecting this feat, choose one weapon of your choosing. At rank 1 you deal 1 additional damage if you roll 2 or more over the defense of your opponent. Each additional rank you deal an additional +1 damage for every 2 above opponent defense, up to a maximum +5 or half the attacks damage, whichever is lower. A 2 PP per rank version allows you to deal 1 additional damage for each point above defense OR the maximum damage you can deal is equal to +10 or the attacks damage, whichever is lower. Alternatively you can buy it at 3 PP per rank, which allows you to combine the above effects, dealing 1 additional damage for each point above opponent defense up to +10 or the attacks damage, whichever is lower.