Supercape

Sting in the Tail

GM

This blast of wind and sand was even more effective than the first. The swarm of poisonous creatures had already been decimated, and now they were finished. Whilst dangerous as a group, the creatures were small or tiny - unfit to resist the devil's storm. Setho had an unleashed his giant beasts, and they had been defeated. And now, his tiny pawns had been crushed too. 

Mr. Sting was still slapping off insects and goo from his skin. It looked like he might be bitten a few places, by various resilient insects, but overall he seemed in fair shape. 

"We gotta get to Big Mama!" he pleaded. 

"I'm gonna get you..." mumbled Adbul, still holding his bleeding stomach. 

Venomax huffed tiredly as he helped shoulder sting as he grabbed abduls collar and hauled them down the tunnel.

Officially he was done with the both of these people but he tried his best to hold it in.

That fell apart when abdul opened his mouth.

"The only thing you're getting is a cell in blackstone, try anything and ill throw a medically induced coma in for free." He snarled "i am offically done with the both of you all i need is an excuse."

Cassidy almost fell down against the cavern wall, a bit of distance away from Sting and Abdul. He resumed his human form for the first time in a while as he struggled to catch his breath. He still wasn't sure how he felt about the snake escaping, but at least they were safe for now.

"Shut up, Abdul." He added to Venomax's threat. He needed to catch his breath and rest for a moment. Just a moment, then he'd be back in action, he hoped. He looked at Sting. At least he seemed to be out of the snake's influence for the moment, focused on Big Mama, whoever that was. He looked at Venomax, who seemed mostly uninjured, at least. "Just give me a moment to catch my breath, alright?" It was only a matter of time before Setho would catch them or send some other pest or monster at them.

They couldn't fight that thing if they didn't know anything about it. Alright. He might be able to fix that, at least. Somewhere, in some part of his mind or soul, or whatever he had these days, Cassidy knew things. The knowledge of his predecessors. Of the Dust Devils and protectors of the past. All he had to do was try to find it. So, he tried. Maybe someone had encountered Setho or hurt of something like him. Anything that could help them.

GM

Abdul, for his part, was too busy bleeding slowly to protest further. At least the poison had not killed him, thanks to Venomax's intervention. 

Mr. Sting was mildly irritated about the incomplete nature of his vengeance. The subsequent events had somewhat taken precendence in his mind. 

"Did you see that?" he asked quite redundantly. "I never saw such a feast of poison!" he said, shaking with excitement. "No wonder the scorpions grow so big. Did you see those snakes?" he asked, again, quite redundantly. 

He paused to wipe his brow with tremulous hand. "But I didn't fancy being stung to death. That would be my way to go, if I had to choose. But I'd rather not quite die yet". 

He surveyed the dark tunnel they were in. 

"Lets get to big Mama" he suggested, pointing down the tunnel to what was, hopefully, his shack...

"Lets get out of this place then,  before those swarms gather back together then." He huffed as he doubled his efforts to drag abdul down the tunnel.

It took a moment, but he found something about Lemuria, at least. It was real, after all. Snake people, sorcerers. Some were even shapeshifters. Bad news, in other words. With a groan of effort, Cassidy pushed himself to his feet, standing up straight. He shook his head at Sting's comment about the poison. "Yeah, we saw it." Still, he agreed. They had to get out of there first, then figure out what to do. 

He moved over by Venomax and motioned at Abdul. "Let me take that." He might be exhausted, but carrying Abdul shouldn't be too much trouble. Cassidy lifted him up without too much effort, or care, and started carrying him out. "So, that's your god? Seems like he didn't really care what Sting over there did to you."

GM

"A means...to an end" grunted Abdul as was carried. At least he did not seem to be bleeding to badly now. Venomax might be master of venom, but he had done a pretty good job patching Abdul up. 

"You keep on insisting that the Leaf is a poison, a danger. What if it is a gift from the Mesa?" he asked the Dust Devil. 

Daylight started streaming more brightly from the end of the tunnel. 

And greenery. 

Wait...greenery? this was a desert. 

And there was no shack, either. 

"Where are we? Where's big Mama? Wheres my scorpion?" said Mr. Sting, quite confused and slightly angry. 

They had walked out into a stinking hot, humid, jungle....

It looked suspiciously like the jungle that Abdul had taken the Dust Devil to. 

A million years ago!

"It ain't." Cassidy's response to Abdul was short and to the point. His tone didn't invite more discussion on the topic. The whole reason that he'd been saved and empowered by the Mesa was too keep it safe and keep people from interfering with it. So why would the Mesa want to spread the leaves? It didn't make any sense. He was more in doubt that he let on, but he wouldn't give Abdul the satisfaction of knowing that. He would have to try and sort it out with the Mesa once this was all over, if he could find some way of doing that.

And then, they stepped into the jungle. They had taken a wrong turn somewhere, or the Mesa had decided to simply bring them to this location. Whatever the cause, here they were. In the middle of prehistoric times. To tell the truth, he was more annoyed than anything at the development, at least for now. He hadn't planned on having to deal with dinosaurs again today. "We're in the Mesa, Sting. It'll take us where it wants. There's bigger things than your scorpion and Big Mama here, so keep your head down." He looked at Abdul. "You brought me here before. Is this when the Snake started his leaf business?" Maybe they could stop it before it even began.

GM

"I do not profess to know much of the Snake" replied Abdul, cautiously. He looked pale and clammy. 

"But the Leaf has shown me much of the past, and the future" he added, proudly. "This is the kingdom of old Lemuria, and I have seen the Snake here, tending...his gardens. He is master of snakes, but also an alchemist, a sorcerer, a...gardener. Even his own people called him mad"

"I prefer to think of him as a visionary. It was through the power of the Magic Mesa that he cultivated the leaf. As...you are surely aware, time does not operate within the narrow confines of human perception here...it is difficult to know what has been, will be, or..." he frowned, confused a moment. "What will have been, or has come to be...."

"If we have come to this place, it is by his hand, not mine. I can only imagine he has had uncounted centuries to study the ways of the Mesa, and as you have surely seen, he is no fool...."

And to punctuate his statement, they heard the sound of stomping feet and the roar of dinosaurs....