Tanks for Nuthin' [OOC]

trollthumper

I'm hoping the AEGIS techs are still logged in at the consoles, so Clad doesn't have to hack in. DC 25 to crash the ARACHNE tank if it's connected to the consoles still, but otherwise just getting the SPARTOI to Aid Another for the heroes.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack -- Sure, Victory auto-passes.

Rav -- You can get the SPARTOI to team up. Sadly, Doc Otaku seems to have managed to install a virus through the USB drive thats frozen up the computers, and a DC25 won't cut through it.

Ironclad: 23, Unharmed, 3 HP

Blueshift: 20, Unharmed, 0 HP

Cannonade: 20, Unharmed, 1 HP

Victory: 19, Unharmed, 2 HP

Fenris: 14, Unharmed, 1 HP

ARACHNE: 11, Bruised x1, 0 HP

SPARTOI 2: 9, Bruised x1, Staggered, 0 HP

SPARTOI 3 and 4: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

Blueshift is up next.

First off, those saves: DC 16 Ref (1d20+9=12) So very fail. Blowing that last HP to re-roll. As I need a 7, that auto passes. She as Evasion, and is not required to make the Fortitude save against the AoE (I believe). HPs remaining: 0

My turn, you say? Gooooooood.

As it is now clear that Doc Otaku is linking directly to the ARACHNE, I will not need any additional super senses to gain access to his network. I will also not need to search for an access point, I have one right here! :D

Standard: Reconfigure Gadgets: Data Link 0 (PF: Cyberspace) [1], Enhanced Skills 2: Computers 7, Disable Device 1 [2], Enhanced Feats: Second Chance: Computers, Disable Device[1]

This will raise her appropriate skills to:

Computers 15 (+19/+22)

Disable Device 15 (+19/+22)

Move Action: Activate Cyberspace and hack into his server through the ARACHNE (Same as last round basically).

Lots of computer checks coming up... (One thing I missed last round is that Computers requires a full round action. But I believe what I pulled off last round was still possible as I only used about 12 out of my available 64 checks.)

Currently, I am left with only free actions to make skill checks. Assuming I can keep making checks as long as the time required comes in at less than a second total:

Cheat Sheet:

@quickness 11 (not full ranks) She performs mental tasks 2500 times faster than normal.

- Hour long tasks: 1.44s (unable to complete as a free action)

- Ten Minute Tasks: .24; 4 checks per round

- Minute Tasks: .024; 41 checks per round.

- Full round tasks: .0024s; 416 checks per round.

- Full Round (taking 20): See Above hour long tasks.

- Standard/Move (normally 3s): .0012s; 833 checks per round.

@Quickness 12 (Full Ranks and subject to Migrane Complication) She performs tasks 5000 times faster than normal

- Hour long tasks: .72s (1 check per round)

- Ten Minute Tasks: .12; 8 checks per round

- Minute Tasks: .012; 83 checks per round.

- Full round tasks: .0012s; 833 checks per round.

- Full Round (taking 20): See Above hour long tasks.

- Standard/Move (normally 3s): .0006s; 1667 checks per round.

Computers: Always requires a Full Round. "Writing a Program" Requires an Hour. "Defeat Security" is ineligible for taking 20. In order to have any reasonable chance at beating Otaku's stuff, I'll have to go all out.

Free Action: (1s)

Write Hacking Program (DC 20, auto pass) (.72s)

Degrade Programing (DC 20, auto pass) (.12s) [.16s remaining] (This will impose a -4 penalty on everything otaku tries to do (which hopefully includes defending his software!)

Hack away! (.16s remaining, divide by .0012: 133 attempts remaining)*

Skill Check Crunchy Bits:

*Fail by 5 or more: I am immediately exposed.

Pass by 10 or more: Auto success on all further computer checks with the system.

Current skill bonus: +24

If the degrade software works, lower all the following numbers by 4.

If the security is exceptional, it's DC 35. I need 11 to pass; I cannot roll below 6; If I roll a 19 or 20, I can extra effort, beat it by 10-11, and auto pass the rest.

If the security is Maximum, it's DC 40. I need 16 to pass; I cannot roll below 11; I cannot beat it by 10 or more.

I'm going to pause here so that Troll can get a handle on all the crap I just wrote. If you manage to choke all of that down, let me know. I'm not going to roll anything yet. I would first like to know what checks I am required to make before I just start rolling dice randomly.

//DC 36 Computers int i; String attemptNum; attemptNum = i; i++; (1d20+24=44) SO MUCH EPIC WIN

I shall use Extra Effort to boost the result of that check by +2. I pass by 10. I therefore automatically succeed at all further Computer Checks within Doctor Otaku's computer system. :D

copied from chat:

(14:32:05) quotemyname: I literally have complete controll over his computer system now.

(14:32:15) quotemyname: I'm blowing extra effort to pass by ten or higher.

(14:32:33) trollthumper: Okay, so what do you want to do with it?

(14:32:34) quotemyname: therefore, I can literally do anything I want.

(14:33:38) quotemyname: I want to sit on my ass for all of next round, as I should now be stunned due to splitting headaches. As my last act this round, I'll use one last computers check to ensure that he has no idea he's been hacked. I'm temporarily allowing him to have the same access to all of his systems that he is used to.

(14:33:54) quotemyname: Basically planting myself as a sleeper agent.

(14:34:03) quotemyname: Also if possible, I

(14:34:10) trollthumper: Gotcvha.

(14:34:21) quotemyname: I'd like to transmit messages to the other heroes and tell them what just happened

(14:34:37) trollthumper: Okay.

Blueshift is now Stunned the following round and gains a hero point.

She will be fatigued at the start of the next round unless she spends a hero point to alleviate it.

EDIT: Any character that was part of Just Another Sunday may recognize her convulsions as similar to the headaches she suffered in the fight during that thread. Mid-difficulty wisdom or intelligence checks may be in order to remember such details during combat, or whatever, but I'll leave that part up to TT.

I'm pretty sure those who saw the first thread can realize it. And as that's a Complication, Blue regains 1 HP. And as Cannonade does not have a radio headset -- he's the only non-wired member of the team -- and he can't really catch up with the tank for melee combat (it's got Speed 2, started off 30 feet away from the main combat, and already moved last round), Cannonade's going to move to within range (he's also got Speed 2) and unleash a Shockwave on the tank. The ARACHNE must make a DC19 Reflex save to halve, and a DC24 Toughness save.

And it misses the Reflex save... but really makes the Toughness save.

Blueshift: 20, Unharmed, Prone (Physical Form), In the System (Mental Form), 1 HP

Victory is up next.

It's using Villain rules, and sadly, a 21 just misses.

Blueshift: 20, Unharmed, Prone (Physical Form), In the System (Mental Form), 1 HP

Fenris is up next.

That does indeed. And hoo, boy, does he botch it.

Fiat! One HP to all. The attack still Bruises, but it isn't going to cause the tank to explode.

Ironclad: 23, Unharmed, 4 HP

Blueshift: 20, Unharmed, Prone (Physical Form), In the System (Mental Form), 2 HP

Cannonade: 20, Unharmed, 2 HP

Fenris: 14, Unharmed, 2 HP

Fenris is up next.

Awwwwww, the one time a villain critically fails :P

Hey, I need to keep up some sort of suspense here. Besides, I'm pretty sure five AEGIS operatives would commit seppuku if one blast (Victory-size or otherwise) took down their new "it should cripple Mechagozilla" tank.

And sadly, ARACHNE weathers Fenris's bolt. And now it's his turn to attack. Seeing as Cannonade, Fenris and Victory are within proximity, and there are no non-powered individuals here, it's grenade time. Cannonade'lll probably be the center of it (Otaku doesn't want to get hit by his own backblast), so under Explosion rules, he makes a DC22 Reflex save and DC27 Toughness save, while Fenris and Victory make a DC20 Reflex save and DC25 Toughness save.

Cannonade fails his Reflex save and his Toughness save ain't too sparkly either. But that's why Kenson made Hero Points, so... yeah, I'd say that's a fair bit better. Under the Improve Roll rules, it's a 31.

And the SPARTOI that are still standing are moving to keep up. 3 and 4, which can take another action, are Aiding Fenris and Victory.

Blueshift: 20, Unharmed, Prone (Physical Form), In the System (Mental Form), 2 HP

ARACHNE: 11, Bruised x2, 0 HP

Ironclad is up next.

That does in fact connect. And ARACHNE is Stunned and Staggered.

ARACHNE: 11, Bruised x3, Stunned (Ironclad's Action), Staggered, 0 HP

Blueshift is up next.

You know, I had thought it was much much worse than that. But technically, I believe you're correct. I'll take my action.

I'm going to start by locking up doc's controls as much as possible. Hopefully I still auto succeed at these checks. Then I'll introduce myself and get to work.

All right, grenade launcher is disabled. The tear gas is a subroutine of the same that's still active, but seeing as there's only one person here it could reasonably affect, that's not really viable. And as the ARACHNE has planted its feet in the sand, Cannonade is able to catch up with it this turn and pound it. He hits the ARACHNE, due to it being Stunned, and the ARACHNE needs to make a DC24 Toughness save.

Um. Yeah, seeing as it was Staggered before, it's now kaput. Combat is over. If anyone (read: Blueshift) wants to try and track down Doc Otaku before the server goes down, they're welcome to.

She will in fact. Assuming she still has control over his system, she'll use it to trace back to wherever he's actually located. From there, I'm planning to alert whatever authorities / the currently assembled heroes know where he is located and hope they can take him down. Not much Blue can do with at physical form that's local to his location. Let me know what's required, or if I'm able to pull this off, and I can make an IC post. Some description of where I'm coming out at would help, though. :)