Tanks for Nuthin' [OOC]

trollthumper

All right, then. Now it is time for the two SPARTOI that still have their act together to act. SPARTOI 3 takes aim at Cannonade, whereas SPARTOI 4 takes aim at Blueshift.

Cannonade is hit, Blueshift isn't. As this is a test of the Nauseate system, Cannonade needs to make a DC17 Fortitude save. And he does.

Ironclad: 23, Unharmed, 3 HP

Blueshift: 20, Unharmed, 1 HP

Cannonade: 20, Unharmed, 1 HP

Fenris: 14, Unharmed, 1 HP

SPARTOI 2: 9, Bruised x1, Stunned (Cannonade's Action), Staggered, 0 HP

SPARTOI 3 and 4: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

Ironclad is up next, but before she goes, I'd like Notice checks from Victory and Fenris. Anyone involved in the combat can make them, too, but keep in mind they'll be at a higher DC due to the distraction.

Cannonade makes a 24, so he might just see something...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She can take 20 at faster than free action speed.

Can Take 20 on a Notice check (normally 1 minute) in 0.006 seconds/Free Action.

That would be with her full quickness. Though she's not using her full ranks so as not to cause headaches. If she tones it down, it can still be under 1 second. Which I believe is the time required to differentiate something as a Free Action (since it's just a fraction of a six second round).

EDIT: IGNORE ME!!!

Here's my roll. Notice (Reactionary) (1d20+15=33)

All right, then. Here's what Blueshift, Fenris and Victory see...

One of the AEGIS techs seems to have gone rigid as a radio antenna, and his fingers are flying on his keyboard, while his companions are still somewhat tranquil and methodically operating the controls.

Ironclad is up next.

I'm told that ultra vision let's me see a small weather balloon about 50,000 feet in the air. I'll cyberspace into that as my move action. I reserve the right to surge for more actions depending on what I see.

We'll say she manifests inside the computer system looking something along these lines:

http://images.mylot.com/userImages/imag ... 989115.jpg

EDIT: I'll be using Extra Effort to Surge, and take a standard action to chase down a backdoor that I find.

EDIT2: Troll and I did the math. In that one action she can take as many as 64 Computers skill checks all as a free action (assuming they usually take as much time as Notice). She'll take 20 on each of those checks for a result of 35 on each one.

A CHALLENGER APPEARS! Coincidentally, this may also be a good time for Victory to roll for initiative.

Cannonade, meanwhile, is still busy working on the SPARTOI. The one he attacked last round comes off its Stunned condition at the start of his round... which is too late for this to work. Oh, well.

Blueshift: 20, Unharmed, 0 HP

ARACHNE: 11, Unharmed, 0 HP

SPARTOI 2: 9, Bruised x1, Staggered, 0 HP

Fenris is up next.

ARACHNE is the only one acting out of sorts right now.

One the one hand, I could shoot it. But that would put techs in danger. So...

Teleport next to the ARACHNE. Switching Weapons Array to Strike (which has 7 Penetrating).

Attack: 26. Pretty sure that's good.

EDIT: DC 23 Toughness Save, and remember, it's got 7 Penetrating, in case that matters.

ARACHNE is Bruised. Good first shot.

Blueshift: 20, Unharmed, 0 HP

ARACHNE: 11, Bruised x1, 0 HP

SPARTOI 2: 9, Bruised x1, Staggered, 0 HP

This turn, the Doc Otaku-piloted ARACHNE tries to run. To help cover his tracks, he unleashes a tear gas grenade at aims it right at the center of the gathering. Anyone who doesn't have Immunity (life support) or Immunity (poison), make a DC16 Reflex save, followed by a DC16 Fort save vs. Dazzle and Nauseate. As that includes Cannonade...

He makes the Reflex save, makes the save against Dazzle, and makes the save against Nauseate. As the techs don't have such immunities, the SPARTOI go on auto-pilot and aim for the big metal thing that just lobbed a projectile at them... only for it to do nothing.

Ironclad is up next.

Hmmm...well, Victory's Immunity (suffocation) and, to a lesser degree, his Immunity (vacuum) is due to him not having to breathe and having a retractable mouthplate. (Poisons injected into the bloodstream work just fine) Does he still need to make the check for gas? He's been allowed to auto-pass checks against gas weapons (including a nauseate effect) in other adventures due to it.