Jump to content
Kolohehonu

Gonna Need A Bigger Boat! -ic

Recommended Posts

GM

 

Waterfront

July 10th, 2017

9:30 PM 

 

The sound of automatic weapon fire had driven most people away from the docks. It was one of those noises that the people of Freedom heard from time to time. But the circumstances of this fight seemed a little different. 

 

It seemed fairly unclear how the ordeal had started but the news report was showing two sets of people with automatic weapons. One set was in a pair of speedboats firing on another set of thugs on a dock. They had taken cover behind a large pick up truck they had apparently arrived in.

 

The fighting had been going on for almost a minute and SWAT was on their way. However it seemed that there would be heroes who would arrive at this before they would. And in fact two were already in the water. 

Edited by Kolohehonu

Share this post


Link to post

TORPEDO LASS

"They're not wearing life vests..."
was the first thought in her mind. "But they're shooting up the shoreline... better to act fast and fish out the non-swimmers than letting this continue."

 

A whitish blue streak in the water is seen, seemingly like the world's fastest torpedo was fired at them as Torpedo lass goes full tilt, creating a high wake-wave of water from her high speed as she angles her path in front of the boats at such a proximity to keep them from avoiding the high wave she created. Once she does that she rises up out of the water with her momentum and splashes back down, assessing the results by letting her head poke up out of the water, her waterline being just below her eyes... She suppressed a smirk. "See? Remember to wear a life vest, kids..." She thought...

 

Freedom City's Seaworthy Sentinel has arrived... and damn the torpedoes! And with a splash, because as planned, the pirates now are getting some free water confidence training...

Edited by Sailor

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Koa had been swimming the length of the Freedom waterfront. He was very new to town, but this was the best way he knew how to learn the town. The sounds of gunfire had been heard when he was up orienting himself, taking in land marks. He knew the sound and it changed his course. Taking off at top speed he was in the fight right as he felt the shockwave rip through the water. Which was kinda terrifying. However the last thing he needed was these people shooting each other. 

 

With a quick motion Koa, the Feeding Frenzy, stared up through the slats of the dock and grabbed a gangster From behind the truck. With a swift motion he gave a yank and pulled the gangster straight into the water. The dock splintered, the gangster screamed, and the other two turned. The two shot down into the water as Koa pulled down his foe. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Torpedo Lass

 

Now that the pirates were thoroughly in the drink they seemed a bit disorganized... but things were looking up for the human torpedo. She dived under and pushed her swimming harder, her super-cavitation field she generates warping the water around her more and more creating a bright sea-green glow around her as she starts circling around the pirates, creating a tighter and tighter circle spinning them around and grouping them into one place. Soon the whole pack was disoriented and in a convenient grouping. Long enough for her to grab a rope with connected bumpers for ships that are sitting near the dock to tie around the pirates. Once she made sure the pirates were secure and afloat she looked towards the docks.

 

She could have swore she heard someone intervene over there.

 

"More sharks in the water..." She muttered as she pulled her quarry to a place at a pier where she could secure them and prepare to assist. "Now you boys stay here until the cops show up... or since you guys were shootin' up the place, the Coast Guard." She said with a wink as she tied their restraining rope to the pier.

 

She was starting to feel she was trying a bit too hard... something in the back of her mind was telling her she was wasting her best on some common thugs in her opinion... hopefully the obvious second person in the water with her was friendly. She might have played her best cards too quick... again... she didn't want another repeat of the Tundra fiasco.

Share this post


Link to post

GM 

 

Koa had the struggling man beneath the water. The man seemed strong for a human, but was no match for the young Atlantean. With an easy throw he hurled the man right back up and out of the water into one of the others. He heard the heavy thud of impact before diving down below and vanishing into the shadows. 

 

The last remaining gunmen had been thrilled when the boats sank in the harbor. Less so now that he was alone with something in the water that had just taken out two of his friends. He saw Torpedo Lass on the dock and opened fire on her as he ran in a panic. His bullets sprayed at the heroine, none of them finding a hit.

Share this post


Link to post

Torpedo Lass

 

Torpedo Lass was breathing a sigh of relief when the sound of automatic fire hitting the water was heard, followed by two grazing shots slicing through the material of her drysuit on her arm. She then looked back and saw this reckless gunman was now a murderer as a couple of the criminals she tied up... will not be needing a medic. "Son of a..." Torpedo Lass said, after one look at the rest of her quarry to see if anyone else was injured... which wasn't thankfully the case.

 

Her eyes started to glow a bluish phosphorescent green as she suddenly dipped into the water and a shockwave of a white trail formed a line between where she was heading for the retreating gunman... Thankfully as she can't speak in water, her mouthed obscenities were not heard by anyone but Davy Jones... Then Torpedo lass shot out of the water like a submarine launched anti-ship missile, arcing well overhead of the gunman before she came down with her fist, which seemed to vibrate so fast there were more than one. "HULL BREAKING..." She hits the man in one smooth motion... "...STRIKE!"

Her punch lands in a glow of bluish-green energy and the Gunman is sent flying into a pile of half-inflated racing buoys that were brought in from a racing regatta last week... Out cold with the ersatz airbags hissing out air... When she straightens up standing, her body cracks slightly like a well tuned martial artist of lore...

 

She pulls out her waterproofed smartphone to a certain number she got once she started operating as a superhero. "Yes, this is Torpedo Lass, I need emergency services at the pier on my GPS coordinates, running gunfight suppressed, two dead, no civilian injuries, will need the medical examiner and a salvage team for two capsized speedboats."

 

"Understood, will secure the area and clear bystanders."

 

She hangs up, assessing the scene looking for injured bystanders, then looking at the tear in the upper right arm of her drysuit. "Well looks like another trip to the dive shop for repairs..."

Edited by Sailor

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×