Unspent Power Points: 0
Trade-Offs: -3 Attack / ±3 Damage, -3 Defense / ±3 Toughness

In Brief: Tiny Test-Pilot in Power Armor

Catchphrase = "It isn't a real test until we hit the Redline!"
Theme: Stereo MCs Elevate My Mind

Identity: Public
Birthplace = New York City:

Residence: Freedom City apartment near Liberty Park

Description: When not wearing his Battlesuit, Charles is a rich kid who can Shrink to 6" tall. In armor, Redline is a 6"-tall Battlesuit wearer.
Ethnicity: Asian-American
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 210 lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Glowing Sky-Blue

History:Charles was born rich, with an Asian name, the only child of an Asian multimillionaire and an American (White) ex-model. At 11 years old, his maternal Grandfather (Chas Wyndum the 4th) died, leaving him a trust fund requiring that he change his name to Charles Wyndum the 5th. His Father was ecstatic. He learned to use the radio at 9 years old, remote-control flying by 12, actually flying (ultralights, etc) by 16. At 18 he worked as an international courier using a private jet for a year. At 19 he became an expensive, free-lance test-pilot. Four months ago, he was landing an experimental disk-jet when a UFO rammed him and there was an explosion. When Charles woke up, he had glowing, sky-blue hair and was able to shrink down to six inches tall. He did the talk-show circuit, then hired a genius to create a Battlesuit for him. He has had it for one month and decided to move to Freedom City.

Personality & Motivation: Charles is upbeat, open-minded, and focused on success. He is looking to testing his Battlesuit with an eye towards mass production and franchising (City Guardians? 21rst C police?). He knows himself quite well, so he also knows that he wants to be in the spotlight, he wants to be appreciated by whole crowds of people, but he also enjoys individual gratitude or adoration.

Powers & Tactics:
"Shrinking is really cool, but not much when you look at the adventures of the greats. I know I can be great, I just need the right tools to really shine. So I hired a genius to make the right 'tools', a Battlesuit! Mine is set-up for a 6-inch tall pilot, but that just for purposes of testing things out. I don't know, but maybe there are franchise possibilities? Battlesuit-wearing police, or private security forces, or something? Anyway, I'm gonna find out. My engineering buddies and fellow-pilots tend to call me 'Redline' for some reason, so I've decided to go with that for a hero identity. I had the genius install a bright set of LEDs to draw a red line behind me when I fly. Kind-of a calling card. So the battlesuit protects me, enables me to move things, lets me fly, shoot plasma shots at targets, as well as give forth an incredibly amazing prehensile, five-foot-long plasma sword! I know I can't do much on my own, but I have no idea of how to find a team..."

Power Descriptions:

When Redline shrinks there's no particular glow or anything. He generally carries the battlesuit in a right lapel pocket, but he drops it, shrinks, and puts it on. The act of shrinking takes time, and makes him feel dopey (foolish) and shaky for about 3 rounds after, while he struggles to put the battlesuit on. Once it is on, and he feels up to it, he re-focuses on the action. Tthe Battlesuit's exterior color is Ivory except for a 1" wide, horizontal, glowing red line  The intensity of the light is such that. when flying, the Battlesuit leaves a red line trail for three rounds after having left that area (eye after-image effect) When the Blending power is activated, this is turned off. 

Complications:
Addicted Gloryhound This is actually a need for love, but Charles doesn't believe he deserves to be loved by people he likes or loves, so he seeks to find, please, and earn the gratitude or adoration of crowds or strangers.

Honor He was raised to believe and demonstrate that his word is his bond.

Prejudice He has a basic American idea that every American citizen is equal, is deserving of a higher beginning degree of respect than any non-American just because, and that more successful or rich Americans are deserving of the higher and highest degrees of respect.

Temper He is young and hasn't had to face many challenges that he didn't seek out or create for himself, so he isn't used to getting frustrated. When he is frustrated, he finds it difficult to remain cordial and self-controlled. He tries to cover this possibility by being happy-go-lucky, but that often comes out as a smart-assedness.

Abilities: -2 + 10 + 0 + 4 + 6 + 0 = 18PP 

STR: 8/ 1// 14 (-1/ -5 // +2) (normal size/ shrunk // shrunk w Battlesuit)

DEX: 20 (+5)

CON: 10 (+0)

INT: 14 (+2)

WIS: 16 (+3)

CHA: 10 (+0)

Combat: 6  + 6  = 12PP

Initiative: +5
Attack: +3 (+7 w/Shrinking)

DEF: +3 (+7 w/Shrinking)

Grapple: +3, -9 Shrinking, -6 Battlesuit

Knockback: -0, -12 Battlesuit

Saving Throws: 5 + 3 + 5 = 13PP

TOU: +0 Full Size/ +13 (Battlesuit)  [+4 Density, +12 Armor, -3 Size; 10 Impervious]

FORT: +5 (+0 Con, +5)

REF: +8 (+5 Ref, +3)

WILL: +8 (+3 Wis, +5)

Skills: 56R = 14PP

Concentration 10 (+14)

Craft [Electronic] 2 (+4)

Craft [Mechanical] 2 (+4)

Knowledge [Technology] 4 (+6)

Notice 6 (+9)
Pilot 14 (+19)

Search 10 (+12)

Sense Motive 4 (+7)

Stealth 4 (+9/+21)

Feats: 8PP

Benefit 2 (Rich),

Equipment 2

Fearless,

Hide in Plain Sight

Improvised Tools

Second Chance (Reflex Save to avoid being stepped on)

Equipment: 2PP = 10EP 

• Helmet = Comm Link
  • Laptop
  • Video camera
  • GPS
  • Flash Goggles
  • Gas Mask 
  • 20 disposable zip-tie handcuffs
  • Multitool
  • Motorcycle with high-end long range radio
  • Wrist-rocket slingshot, half-size arrows w blunted heads Stun 1 [8 EP]

Powers: 81 + 4 = 85PP

Battlesuit  20 (100 PP Device; Flaws: Hard-To-Lose, Power Feats: Restricted[Diminuative Sized Users]) [81 PP]

Concealment 1 ( Flaws: Blending) [1DP]
Density 9 (+18 Strength, Impervious Protection 4, Immovable 3, Super-Strength 3 [Effective Strength 21, Heavy Load 115lbs], x10 weight [2.5lbs], Extras: Duration[Continuous], Flaws:Permanent) + Protection 12 (Extras: Impervious 6) [27 +  18 = 45DP] (Battlesuit Structure)
Immunity 9 (Life Support) [9DP]

Energy Sword Array 14.5 (29PP Array; Feats: 1 Alternate Power) [30DP]

• BP: Blast 13 (175' no penalty, max range = 2000'; Power Drawback = Full Power, Feats: Improved Range, Progression 1 on Max Range, Indirect, Subtle) [29/ 29]
  • AP: Damage 13 (0-5ft; Extras: Linked[Drain], Feat: Extended Reach, Power Drawback = Full Power Only) + Drain Toughness 7 (Extras: Affects Objects, Linked[Damage], Feats: Slow Fade[1PP per Minute], Power Drawback = Full Power)

Movement Array 4 (8PP Array; Feats: Alternate Power) [9DP]

• BP: Flight 4 (100mph/1000ft per Move Action) [8]
  • AP: Super-Movement 2  (Slow Fall, Wall Crawling [1/2 Normal Speed]) (4 / 8)

Super-Senses 6 (Infravision, Visual, Extended 2, Direction Sense, Distance Sense) [6DP]

Shrinking 12 Dim Size, -12 Strength, -3 Toughness, +4 Atk, +4 Def, -12 Grapple, +12 Stealth, -6 Intimidation, 6 inch height, 1/4 lbs, 1ft Space, 0ft Reach, x1/4 Carrying Capacity, Flaws: Action: Standard (-2), Side Effect -1 (Drain 3 Reflex (Total Fade) and Drain 3 Will (Total Fade); Extras = Continuous, Feats: Normal Movement; Power Drawback = Full Power only)  [4PP]

Drawbacks: none

Abilities (18) + Combat (12) + Saving Throws (13) + Skills (14) + Feats (8) + Powers (85) - Drawbacks (00) = 150/150 Power Points

DC Block

ATTACK                RANGE   SAVE              EFFECT

Unarmed w/no Powers   Touch   DC 13 Toughness   Damage [Physical]

Armed w/Strength      Touch   DC 17 Toughness   Damage [Physical]

Blast                 Ranged  DC 28 Toughness   Damage [Energy] 

Damage                5'      DC 28 Toughness   Damage [Energy}&
..............................DC 23 Fortitude....Drain Toughness

Arrows                Ranged  DC 17 Toughness   Stun

Action doesn't seem to make sense as a Flaw for Shrinking - for the same reason it doesn't really work as a Flaw for Alternate Form (since you're not taking a standard action each round to maintain it, it only really slows you down in the first round you activate it). 

On the plus side, he can actually have that +21 Stealth w/Shrinking! 

o, I did this: "
if I add Continuous +1, keep the Action Flaw, and put in 
Side Effect -1 (Drain 3 Reflex (Total Fade) and Drain 3 Will (Total Fade), so that there are limits to activate the power, but once activated, it doesn't need to be maintained?"

Edited by Ra-endome

Hmm. All right, you may want to put Blast as the primary power on the Weapons Array. According to my math, your Damage w/ Linked Drain Toughness is 27/29 PP, not 29/29 PP. 

I'm also not so sure somebody who's as upbeat or active as you say might work at CHA 6. If you could explain a little more about how Redline's temperament gives him a -2 to all social interactions, I'd be interested. But keep in mind that attitude also has to play out with PCs as well as NPCs, and you may not want your character to come off as an overenthusiastic burden for others. 

Alright so I fixed your formatting, Ra-Endome so the refs will have an easier time making heads or tails of your sheet.

If you don't mind a third figurative chef in the kitchen, let me add my two cents.  AA, was trying to point out the fact that as part of our house rules we have the Action Flaw count as a Drawback for Shrinking like Alternate Form/Growth.  But, Shrinking actually is explicitly exempt from this as per our house rules Boss Man. Which you should be thankful for Redline as your Side Effect would have had to cost a whopping 21PP to be worth it if not.

Personally, it feels as if the Restriction on the Battlesuit makes it sound as if someone has to be dimunitive size to use it.  Which is all well and good but it also means after he shrinks he hast to take the time to also put on the suit after the fact.  And he has to take it off before unshrinking.  Which is fine, and sufficiently limiting for drama.  But, something to keep in mind!

" Which is all well and good but it also means after he shrinks he hast to take the time to also put on the suit after the fact "
Exactly! That was my idea. As o side-effect, I have not been able to determine whether the Side-Effect cost should be based on the unmodified power cost, or which of the modified power costs.
Unmodified = 12.
w Standard Action only = 4; w Continuous only = 24, w Standard Action and Continuous = 6.
So, I based it on the unmodifed power cost. 21 PP I'm not getting at all. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just not seeing how you got that total.

It's from the cost of the power with all the modifiers barring Side Effect.  Which, I've always found a little silly, especially in the case of say ranged Damage compared to regular damage.  But, anyways I'm actually getting 22, so you are right that I did math wrong there! 

Shrinking [12] at 1 per rank.  Action 2 [-2] being a drawback its a flat -2.  Full Power [-1] being a drawback is a flat -1.  Normal Movement [1] being a feat is a flat +1.  Duration [12] as a flaw it is a -1 per rank.  So 12+1-3+12 which would total to 22.

Okay! Thank you. I know I kinda jumped the gun with the interview, I don't want to do that w my first vignette...can I get an approval, please?

Edited by Ra-endome