Night of the Garrote (IC)

Thevshi

Charlie turned to look at Bittman. He had suspected the musuem owner had something to do with the Garrote, but he seemed genuinely surprised to have seen the killer in his museum. Had Charlie just lucked out and found the Garrote's next target on a hunch? Or was there still more going on with Bittman? "If it was just you in here, well I have to ask, do you know any reason he would have been coming after you? I know this all must be a lot to take in."

He reached over to pull the hood off the masked figure, "Is he anybody you know, maybe?" he asked.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well…" Bittman began, looking slightly uneasy, "I am not sure why he might target me. Although, I was in the crowd when they opened the time capsule at the Mayfair Building, when that supervillain showed up and then you did to stop him and his goons. I…I was hoping to try to talk to the owner of the Mayfair about possibly getting anything associated with the Garrote for the museum."

Bittman gave a small sigh as he look downcast, but continued. "See…business has been in decline for some time now, and I…I have been desperate to try to find something to get more people in here so I can keep the museum going. With the recent attention that was out there about the Garrote, I thought if I could get something associated with him I might be able to attract more people."

The curator looked over at the unconscious figure, shuddering slightly. "How could I have been so blind to what a monster the legacy of the Garrote was?"

When Coiled Lighting pulled back the hood of the dark cloak, he reveled the good looking features of a young man in his early twenties with dark brown hair. Bittman shook his head after taking a look at the unconscious young man. "No, I do not recognize him."

"Maybe he didn't like your statue." Charlie smiled. "But I wouldn't worry, it's an interesting piece of the city's history. Look how many people came out to see the time capsule. Can't have just been me that was there because of the story about the Garrote."

He looked at the unmasked Garrote, and then at the mask. "I've got a feeling that there's more to this mask than meets the eye, though. Someone went to a lot of trouble to steal it from the capsule, and then broke in to take it from police custody. Wasn't till then that the killings started. Let's call the police and get this guy down to the precinct as quick as possible, before he wakes up."