Late Night on Silverstar (IC)

Thunder King

Friday, February 7th

11:00 PM

Sleep did not come easily to Gunnar. He generally stayed up as late as he dared, reading or studying, then slept fitfully. This night, however, he found no reason to continue trying. So, he headed out of the dorm, downstairs, and prepared himself to go out patrolling. To see the city at night, and hopefully test his mettle against some unsavory folks.

So he stood, breath hanging in the air, staring out into the city under cover of darkness. Steeling himself against whatever horrors a late night patrol could inflict upon him on this strange, alien world.

Juno wasn't used to just sitting around. So when she found herself alone in her room on a friday night, she decided to do something. Which for her meant finding her way to the gym and using the space and the matts they had to practice. Working on a combination of both her gymnastics and her powers. She needed to hone both her skills if she was going to be of use to anyone.

It was on the way back, later than she thought it was, when she saw a familiar figure standing off on his own. "Gunnar?" She calls out, jogging the short distance between him with her gym bag over her shoulder. "Hey Gunnar. What are you doing standing out here in the cold?" Juno asks, shivering a bit from the cold.

"I'm going on patrol." He said. As he said that, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a plain black domino mask which he promptly put on. Then, his body was enveloped in a hazy glow for a moment, before vanishing. He was now dressed from head to toe in armor straight out of medieval times. It was steel plate, with chain and leather helping to keep his joints flexible. Then, he said some words in a language Juno did not understand.

The area in front of him glowed slightly for a moment, then faded. It revealed a motorcycle, all in chrome and silver, with a four pointed star on the tank. He looked at Juno, wondering what she was going to do, or say.

Juno's head cocked curiously when Gunnar pulled out his mask, wondering if he was really just going to put on a mask and go out to fight crime. That wasn't the case and her expression quickly turned to one of shock as she watched first the armor and then the motorcycle seem to appear from nowhere. She knew there were other people out there that could do things like her, but she's had limited experience is seeing other's powers first hand.

"Ok. That was pretty cool."  Her smile is wide and genuine and she looks from  the bike to Gunnar again. "You look like a knight." She smiles. "With your noble steed." Her laugh is high and clear and Juno finds herself looking back and forth betwen Gunnar and the bike a few times.  "Care if I tag along? I mean... I don't have a whole lot of experience with the superhero thing. This is all pretty new to me but.... I could help."

Edited by GooseInduced

He considered saying no, but her laughter was honest and sweet, and he knew that wallowing in his own misery wasn't the best way to do things. He let the comment about being a knight with a steed pass, there was no reason to discuss that. Then he nodded.

"Certainly." He said. "What do you do?. I assume you didn't come to Claremont with neither training nor powers." He didn't mean that to sound as harsh as it might have. He hoped that his garb suggested his martial prowess enough. He thought an ostentatious display of his weaponry would be out of place. Let her ask, or better yet, let her see if they did confront some crime.

Edited by Thunder King

Juno finds herself bristling a bit at that. She doesn't think he was trying to be mean, but she can't help but be just a little offended. "No, Sir Lancelot I'm not a helpless damsel in distress." There is a level of snark in her voice that she hadn't intended but there was something about his proper way of speaking that had rubbed her a little wrong there. She definately wasn't opposed to showing off in this situation. "Alright. Just gimme a sec and I'll be right back." Juno closes her eyes, takes a breath. In a moment electricity flashes across her skin, cloaking her body until it appears to be made of pure energy and like a like turned off, vanishes.

When Juno opens her eyes she's in her dorm, dropping her bag to her bed and stripping off her outer layer to reveal the costume underneath.

Just a few moments later in the spot where Juno vanished next to the motorcycle, her form reappeares in opposite fashion. Only now a white and blue body suite hugged her every shape. Blue boots, white fingerless gloves, and translucent blue goggles were being pushed up the bridge of her nose and seated in what looked like headphones on her ears. Not only would they help hide her identity, but the belt around her waist powered the powerful components within the goggles themselves that made them more than meets the eye. "Sorry, needed to change real quick."

He was grateful for the helm and mask, because her appearance was startling to him. The fashions of this world were different indeed. "I had not intended to imply you were useless." He said as a half apology. "Besides." he threw a leg over Silverstar. "Launcelot du lac would be a terrible knight to emulate." He said dryly. "If you do not possess your own transportation, you can climb on back of Silverstar."

Juno fiddles with her gloves, making sure that her hands are properly seated within them. Maybe it was the gymnast in her, but she wanted to make sure her fingers could move unimpeded. The apology helped settle her down, and as a matter of fact, so did teleporting. Something about the way it made the electricity sort of flush through her body was calming to her, which is probably why she likes practicing with it as much as she does.

“What’s wrong with ‘Launcelot’.†She imitates his pronunciation of the name, stepping right up to the bike. She’s never been on one before, but Juno isn’t about to tell him that too. “Alright.†So, with some hesitation she swings a leg over the bike, settling in behind Gunnar. There really isn’t anywhere to hold on, so she finds a hand hold on Gunnar’s armor and just hopes he doesn’t mind.

"He betrayed his oath to his king. He had an affair with his queen and thus destroyed Camelot from within." His voice was slightly cold, as if the notion offended him personally. Silverstar purred to life and he pushed her forward. He sensed that she was nervous about the ride, so he kept it smooth and even. Gave her no reason to be upset. The feeling of her arms touching him was all but alien, but he had carried other passengers on horseback before. None in so tight of clothing as she wore, though.

He said little as he drove through the frozen city, keeping eyes and ears out for danger.

"That's a good point. But I suppose it also made the Queen a bad Queen and wife as well." Juno just shrugs, making a note that even though he hadn't said as much, Gunnar was definately a knight in her books. If nothing else he had a sense for their code of honor.

When the bike purred to life it made Juno cling even tighter to Gunnar, really not wanting to fall off at high speeds. She was grateful for her goggles as they rode and the way they kept the wind from her eyes. After a while she started to relax, even smiling and enojoying the ride after some time. Her suite kept her suprisingly warm once it was all zipped up, courtesy of her Grandmother and the woman's seemingly endless knowledge. Whatever it was made of was amazing. Light, flexible, strong. Kept her cool and warm withing reason. "See anything interesing yet?" She asked, voice almost drowned under the roar of the engine.

When he felt her cling tighter, it was difficult not to enjoy it. So he did. He saw nothing suspicious, but on the back of Silverstar, he felt like he could concentrate on something other than the circumstance that brought him to Earth Prime. After a short time, however, he spotted something suspicious. A black van, parked beside a bank.

It wasn't an armored car, either. It was just a large, black van. Obviously, they weren't there on bank business. Not at eleven o'clock at night.

Juno also saw the van and as Gunnar brought the bike to a stop, she couldn't help but scoff. "Ok seriously. That van could only be more suspicious if it had a big sign on it that said 'We are committing a crime." She laughs, not loudly, but enough for Gunnar to probably feel her body shake with it. The street is quiet, no one around. No cops either. Suddenly she can feel her heart pounding. Should she teleport in? She could use her goggles and check to see if the van is still hot…. But suddenly she’s doubing herself. "What should we do?"

"Well, I am probably going to go investigate." He said. "If you have the means to determine how they entered, where they may be, that would be invaluable." He said. He wanted to assess what she could and could not do, so he avoided using his magic. Besides, in the cold, he doubted he could concentrate sufficiently to get good results. Attractive young woman in skintight garb notwithstanding.

"Once we've assessed the situation, I say we go in and interrupt their plans." His mood shifted subtly, as if the anticipation of combat made him feel more assured of his role and purpose.

Juno takes a deep breath, steadying herself. "Alright." Juno swings her leg over the bike and stands. She can do this. A hand comes up, hitting a button on the earpiece of her goggles and switching them to infrared. The hood of the car still glows faintly, giving off some heat. "According to my goggles the van is still warm so they haven't been in there long. Probably ten minutes? It's been too long to see any footprints or anything like that."

Edited by GooseInduced

"That is useful to know." He said, stepping forward. "There's no way of knowing how many of them there are." Suddenly, Silverstar shimmered in place and vanished. He reached somewhere, and produced a spear. It was six feet long, with a steel head. The staff was wooden and scored with charred symbols. Runes, if Juno knew anything about them. He rested the spear over his shoulder. "I say we go in and say hello what do you think?"

Juno hits a button on her goggles, switching off the infrared and turning on the radio. Silence. "No radios either."

Juno shakes her head no, agreeing that there is no way to know how many men are in that bank. With the size of the van, she hopes no more than eight guys. Even that number scares her a bit. She watches the spear materialize, smiling a bit in awe. "Alright." Theoretically she could teleport in, but she has no idea of the layout of the place, or where exactly the men are inside. She wants to see where she's going first, from there, maybe she'll be of more use. "Once I can see what we've got in there I can teleport in, surprise them."

Edited by GooseInduced

"Good idea." He said. "You teleport in from one side, I come in from the other. By the time they realize you're there, I could already have started hitting them." He thought on that. "Yes, two pronged attack. Does that sound like a plan to you?" He looked the bank over and studied it, as if he were planning a siege. In a way, he was. He knew she was frightened of the prospect of battle, so he had no intention of forcing her to face it alone.

Juno nods. "Yeah that. That could work actually. I'm pretty quiet when I want to be. They won't know what hit ‘em till it’s too late." The plan made her feel more confident and sure of herself now that she had a role. A purpose. Teleport in, be sneaky. Knock out some bad guys. Or at least zap the crap out of them. She could handle that. At least she thinks she can. “Should we just… walk in the front door or…†Technically she could teleport them both but… she has no idea where the bad guys are.

"Odds are, they didn't use the front door." He said. "A back entrance, or maybe they made one." He said. "If you can teleport inside, I'll look for how they got in. I would recommend staying hidden from them until you hear that I've engaged them. That way we can maximize the potential of our maneuver."

He waited for confirmation from her before he started.

Juno felt her heart leap into her throat. "Uh yeah. I can... do that." She smiled, trying to sound more confident than she felt. The problem was not know where people were or the layout inside. There is a chance she could teleport right into the middle of the bad guys, which is something she really hopes doesn't happen. So she focuses on the window she can see, big and covered with blinds, probably offices. "I got this." She takes a deep breath and with a flash of electricity over her skin Juno is gone and hopes that where she reappears really is an office and not bad guy central.

GM

Juno appeared inside a small corner office, near a desk. She heard the hushed whisper of voices, and one of them mentioned how they'd managed to cut the power off to the whole bank. That was probably why the alarms and cameras weren't a concern. There were at least five distinct voices, but the number of people present was unknown and indeterminate from her position.

Gunnar circled carefully around the van. He was terrible at stealth, but he could keep out of sight at least. He spotted, then, the back door, hanging open. He was somewhat familiar with alarms, and noted that a bank would certainly be protected against simply opening the door. He suspected powers or technology of some sort, magical or otherwise. He waited and watched, making sure to keep out of sight the best he could.

The vault door was also hanging wide open, and several men were working under cover of darkness to empty huge piles of money into bags. He ducked back out of sight.

As soon as he was certain they could not see him, he reached into the magical pocket of his armor and fetched a runed distaff. He closed his eyes, using the distaff to channel his magic. His spirit reached forth from him, and found Juno, hiding in an office.

"I am using a spell to communicate with you and talking into your mind. I am sorry for the intrusion. They're in the vault, they've opened it somehow. I don't know how many there are. If you have any information to relay about them, let me know soon, because otherwise I intend to end the spell and move in."

When Juno arrived in the office, the relief was pushed out of her in a heavy sigh. No one in here to shoot at her. Good.

The other room was a different story. She could hear the voices and ducked down to make sure no one could see her through top half of the door that was made of glass. Sounds like five guys. Maybe more. Around the door she could see out through the main hall, toward the vault and the men working on emtying it out. Their attention was completely elsewhere. A press of the button on her goggles flips back to Infravision.

Though she nearly blew any pretense of stealth when the voice in her head made her start. She ducked back behind the door, eyes wide and just grateful she didn't fall over. "How are you doing this? This is weird....." She takes a moment to breathe. "The power seems to be off. No cameras, no alarms and that's why it's cold in here. It's probably how they got the vault open. Looks like there are seven heat signatures. All focused around the vault."

Seven foes. He'd taken more down than that on the battlefields of Markland, but those foes didn't have any special powers. He didn't know what to expect, so he simply walked in, he lowered Forsynstang's tip to just above the floor, to emphasize his readiness for battle.

"Parasites." He said in a bold voice that cut the still of the air. "Bandits, outlaws." He glared at them under his helm. "You wish to take that money." He pointed Forsynstang at the group of men. "Fight me first. Defeat me, for if you cannot, you will face justice."

GM

At the sight of Solvrytter standing in the room, spear pointed menacingly, the criminals laughed.

"Look at this joker." One of them said. "One of those hero types, prolly. Shall we take 'im down, boss man?" He said.

Their leader stood about a head taller than the rest of them, wearing a nondescript black shirt and pants, clearly intending to blend with the shadows. He nodded.

"Take this idiot down, boys. Whoever gets the KO shot gets an extra bonus."