Towers Powers (IC)

Supercape

GM

"Throw me a sweet hoop!" called out Towers as he paraded into the floor. He appeared to be wearing some kind of super-tech suit, which was actually quite functional aside from the advertising endorsements that littered it. Most remarkably, it had two extended super-stilts that had propelled him up to the highest level of the tower and now retracted as he walked in. 

"It's those second rate heroes, Glow and Silver Spider!" he said, striking a pose as the camera's started flashing. 

"Good thing that Tower Power was here to save the day!" he grinned, striking yet another artful pose. 

"Its true its true! I saw everything!" yelled Jack Jackson, waving his hand. 

"That basketball flash grenade, it was amazing!" he said, completely ignoring the two heroines. 

Behind her mask Kristin's brain was ticking over furiously.

This wasn't a trap, it was a set-up to make himself look good. But why the green 'G' spotlight? What's this got to do with me?

Outwardly she did little more than roll her eyes at Towers for his 'second rate' dig, then groan as Jackson made himself known amongst the apparently not-so-blinded journalists. Those basketball flash grenades obviously needed a little work. 

She glanced at Silver Spider and grinned at the quip, then quietly suggested "Would you mind disarming these guys so I can put them down? I'd get Towers to do it but I'm not sure he wouldn't accidentally pull the pin on a grenade or something." Her voice lowered further and she stood up on her toes to whisper in her friend's ear. "Besides, this is really fishy, I want you to check if the weapons are even real.."

Her attention switched back to Towers, and she smiled sweetly at the armoured 'hero'. "Nice suit," she said, her tone slightly questioning. "Really like the stilts. And the.. er.. endorsements. Where'd you get it?"

GM

Towers looked at Glow and Silver spider with contempt. And...

...a trace of anger. 

Now it was his turn to humiliate them. 

"Real Heroes Shop at Hank's Propane Accessories!" he proclaimed, almost shouting, and pointing to a high tech nozzle on the back of his super-suit. He was clearly reading off some internalised memorised script. The dollar signs almost flashed in front of his eyes. 

"Never mind where and how! I'll show you what a real hero does!" he said, bringing out a small cylinder and assorted wires. 

"He deactivated the Poison gas cylinder the terrorists had set up before bursting in!" he shouted with emphasis. 

"Real heroes Don't put innocent people's lives in danger!" he continued, a subtle wag of his finger and glance at his Glow and Silver Spider. 

"What? We didn't..." started one of the 'terrotists' squirming in Glow's forcefield. 

"You would say that wouldn't you!" roared an interrupting Towers, to the clicks of many camera's, before a beeping light came off on his wrist. 

"How about that. Another Terrotist Attack at the Docks! I must be off. This Calls For a Real Hero!" he roared once more before leaping out of the shattered window to land on his huge extended stilts and run off into the night.