A Meeting of Minds (IC)

TheAbsurdist

Kristin smiled and stepped back away from Elias. "You ready?" she asked, then extended her hand towards him - it wasn't really necessary but it always seemed to help focus her mental energies, and she wanted to be extremely careful. Slowly she reached out towards the other student with her telekinesis and faint green light flickered between them as she made a little push towards the centre of his chest. "That's interesting." she noted as she felt Elias' defensive web respond to dissipate the energy. She closed her eyes to concentrate on feeling the interaction between the two different types of telekinesis and pushed just a little harder.

"That's a fair pit of force I'm pushing with there and it just bleeds it off," she said as she opened her eyes. "Very cool. You should definitely practice with that, it's really effective. Gives me a couple of ideas too. Thanks for letting me try that!"

He felt the force before it touched him, his forearms coming up and crossing over each other in an X. It was clear it wasn't a real forcefield, rather he was deflecting the force of her power around him. But that fit. How he described things was in relations to a web or a net, and that seemed to be how he viewed and understood his psionic abilities. She feel him submerge himself against her force, and rather than stand and endure, he let it moved around and over him, dissipating it as he did so. Without even thinking his body shifted to help with the thought process. Function follows form follows thought. The glow of her power hitting the ripple and moving.

As she let off he dropped his arms and blinked a little processing it. "Never... Hm."

The green light between the pair faded away as Kristin dropped her hand back to her side. "Thanks for that," she said with a smile. "It's always interesting to see how other people do it, and I swear everybody does things differently with telekinesis."

She chewed on her bottom lip a little, then spoke again. "You know, I'm no expert but if you want to sometime we could get together and I reckon I can help you fine-tune that affect to let you pick stuff up with it. Maybe not big stuff, but it's super-handy to be able to grab your morning coffee without getting out of bed."

"Not that I'd do that," she grinned after a small pause. "That would be really lazy."

He paused a moment and looked at her, his arms rising up and folding across his chest as he watched her carefully. "I could use more training. Now, I need to learn to be quieter with my thoughts." He gestured around slowly with one arm, shrugging a little bit as he did so. "But I will be working on it." Folding his arms again. "And I can use the help." As much he had trouble dealing with it asking for help was not one of his hangups. It was just generally a wise idea. His mother had taught him better. And she made him forget somethings too, possibly some of his telekinetic abilities which would explain the stumbling. It was hard to tell. "Thank you." It was genuine, and he offered something like a smile.