Everybody was Muay Thai Fighting! [IC]

Cube

"I'll clean up this place for you, if you want me to." She said, smiling. "I'm just glad you're going to be okay. It's kind of cool that you're a robot, though. I mean, wow, you look mostly human in your costume, you know? Muscles and stuff..." She blushed, slightly, remembering that she thought he might be cute. Cute! He was a robot, probably no more interested in girls than she was machines.

She chuckled to herself for her silly thoughts. She felt relieved for the first time in a while. He was injured, yes, but he'd be okay. He'd be alright.

"Do you want my company until you're all better? I can do that. It's only a phone call away. I'd have to leave to get something to eat, but, I can stay with you until you recover, in case you get lonely."

"No... I can clean it up." He would blush if he had the capacity. "And... thanks. My creator designed me to look just like he did when he was in costume, so that no one would be able to tell the difference."

Was she blushing? Oh my. That's... kind of adorable actually. He wasn't sure how to respond to that.

"If you want to stay around, you're welcome to. I don't have anywhere for you to stay, though... unless you want to bring down a mattress or something from upstairs. I really do appreciate it though. I've... kind of been alone down here for a while now."

She smiled. "I don't think you eat, do you?" She asked. "I've never met a robot before. I can go get some food, but an inflatable mattress and some blankets, and be back here in less than half an hour. I could sleep down here and keep you company. Sounds like a plan to me."

Her cheerfulness was beginning to return. She decided that this Shrike guy was pretty cool. Imagine, a super hero robot! That was awesome.

She leaned against the wall. "So, do you sleep, do you eat?". She was curious, genuinely curious.

"Heh. No, I don't. Justice around the clock, really. It's kind of a pain sometimes... Though, I could go into sleep mode if I wanted, I guess."

The robotic workshop was hard at work repairing Shrike's broken neck, wires of various colors being threaded from spools.

"It's part of the reason this place is such a wreck. I don't really need to use everything so... well, I shut off power to those sections and just leave them alone. How can I use a bed or a gym or something if I'm not even alive?"

She nodded. "Makes sense, you don't have any muscles to work out, they don't get stronger with use, either. I get it. I guess you didn't do any stretches earlier either." She said, slightly teasingly.

"So you fight crime all day? I doubt I could do that, I mean, if I didn't have my movies or my friends, I'd go crazy. But I guess you're different than me. Your mind might be wired to handle that better."

This was a crazy night, and it was only getting crazier. She'd already fought ninjas a couple of days ago, and now she had a robot for a friend. What a weird city, she thought.

"Heh, yeah..."

Movies? Friends? Sure, he was wired better, but...

"Listen, I'll be here for a while. You can go ahead and grab some food while I try to get this fixed. You might want to get some movies too."

It'd be nice to watch one without having to scan it for fighting styles, that was for sure.

"I'll let you in at the gate. And... uh. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to make you comfortable. I hope it's not too cold..."

Note to self: Google "Slumber Parties". May be useful.

"Okay..." she said. "I'll be back soon..." She stood up and walked towards the door. She sighed. She really, really felt bad about what happened, but she was glad that he was going to be okay.

She made her way out of the mansion and towards her motorcycle. She would get a quick bite to eat and stop off at the store and buy a few movies she hadn't seen in a while. She'd make a night of it. She also decided to buy a blanket and a small pillow.

She remembered to pick up her phone. "Hey, dad..." She said. "I'm staying at Jenny's place, I'll be home at the end of the weekend. Love you too, bye...". She turned it off, and rode off towards the store...