Earth Victoriana: Yanks in Tanks (OOC)

Supercape

Thats good for me.

As per chat:

Starlight 3 HP Fatigued

Waiting for Catalyst to shoot.

Roo: With Catalysts Extended range feat, and taking 10, this should go without a hitch unless minion makes a lucky save - I don't know which power you are using to hit (Snare?)

I'll make a generic Roll: 1d20=8 which means even with the appropriate Reflex / Fort save, you do the business (DC 15) fully bound for a snare, or dazed for stun (either will be fine in this case for Starlight to stunt that teleport trick).

Will let you both post IC.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Catalyst is impressed by a very cunning steam-powered automatic rifle, which is pretty powerful - possibly a little less effective than modern day earth prime assault rifles, but still deadly. The design is quite unique, and she will be able to recognise similar techniques if she comes across them.

Rav (And indeed anyone), could you throw me a diplomacy or intimidate roll on the poor captured soul to see what you get out of him and how helpful he will be. I will let you choose depending on the tone of your voice!

An hour's ride, ehn? Well, Starlight can get them there in the blink of an eye! ... And be Fatigue'd, which I would rather avoid (though she is kind of the odd one out when it comes to PL). Okay, how does this should to the group? Starlight can easily stunt a group Teleport to get them to the factory instantly (well, in a full round), and then they rest for the hour it will take her to, well, rest and remove the Fatigue.

• 2 weeks later...

Starlight stunts Teleport 3 (Flaw: Long-Range Only, Extra: Accurate, Affects Others (+1), Area/Burst) [12/22 PP]. Moving everyone north towards the factory, taking the Fatigue (so she'll be effectively 1 PL lower, and therefore closer to the rest of the group).

Potentially necessary check for a horse spooked by a teleport. Starlight's Animal Control check. (1d20+4=13)

I think there may be some flaws in that stunt technically as long range is for rank 4 and above only, and a burs affect others would allow those others to teleport, rather than taking them with you. Having said that, you have plenty of PP left in that stunt, and boosting the level and giving progression on cargo would do just as well. So no bones picked, and it will do the trick!

Well affects others at +1 would as you say grant others the use of teleport as well as yourself. s essentially everyone can teleport.

The difference being the attack bonus ( where people can choose to fail the save ) means you decide where they teleport too, whereas the affects objects means that others get the teleport power, meaning they can choose ( which may very well be choosing the same destination as you)

Anyway, its all good for the stunt,

OK, thinking about this, I think its best to say the horses get a bit shocked but you aren't thrown and they dont run off. In order to facilitate the thread going forward and in any case that would be slightly mean!

If anybody wants to throw in a complication of getting thrown, bruised, and a horse running off (if it fits with the character) let me know.