Rose (PL10) - Superheroine

Player Name: Superheroine

Character Name: Rose

Power Level: 10 (150/150PP)

Trade-Offs: None

Unspent Power Points: 0

Progress To Bronze Status: 0/30

In Brief: Lucky pop princess finds out she has powers. Gets into superhero school quite handily.

Alternate Identity: Danielle Dawn

Identity: Secret

Birthplace: Beverly Hills, California

Affiliations: Claremont Academy

Family: a mother, a father, two brothers, a sister

Description:

Apparent Age: mid-to-late teens

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 120 pounds

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Blonde

britney-spears-1.png

In costume: a dark pink colored spandex leotard and leggings, a mask of the same color that covers the top half of her face, from the top of her forehead to just under her nose.

Power Descriptions: Her blast looks like a bunch of pink rose petals. Her flight has her surrounded in the same pink rose petals.

History: Danielle's life has been blessed ever since she was born. Little did she know that she was born with mutant powers! This luck followed her everywhere in everything she did. She liked singing, so she picked up singing. And she was REALLY GOOD at it. Her parents strolled their young prodigy around getting deals for commercials left and right. A big name record company picked her up after that. By the time she was 16, she was a rising star with three gold records and several number one hits. Everyone watched the up and coming pop princess. Sure she had her detractors, but as they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity. Or so they thought!

During some of her downtime, she found that she could fly. this made her very happy. Her parents were overjoyed too. They would have told everybody if not for the next thing she found out. She happily celebrated and then... she shot the roof with rose petals! the roof fell, but no one was injured except for the poor family dog. Saddened by the death, no one who knew about it spoke of it. Danielle put her music career on hold. She had to get training with these powers, but how? Her mother had a friend who had a friend who knew someone that knew the headmaster at Claremont Academy. Slowly this information got to them. When she found out, she was overjoyed. Her parents signed her up for classes and she was there in no time.

Personality & Motivation: Danielle is peppy. Due to her luck powers, she's not known the sting of a bad life. It seems she doesn't know the meaning of the word sad or unhappy. The attitude is infectious to some, annoying to others. She's not one to impose it though. She's mindful of others in that way. She's not shy though. She's a very people oriented person. Treating others with the kindness they would want. Even though her celebrity status follows her, she's a down-to-earth type of girl.

She's motivated for two reasons. One is to learn how to control (and possibly expand) her powers. The other is that she feels like a guardian spirit. She doesn't know her powers are mutation oriented and believes her powers are from God. She believes she has a great responsibility and acts accordingly.

Powers & Tactics: Rose is a flying blaster. She flies and she blasts, nothing complicated about it. Though when there is no need or room for flying or blasting, she can help her team or herself with her incredible luck.

Complications:

Celebrity: She's been a public face for the past four [eight if you count the commercials] years. It's hard to shake the image of who she is.

Secret: Rose and Danielle are two separate entities to most people.

Abilities: 0 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 8 + 10 = 30PP

Strength: 10 (+0)

Dexterity: 14 (+2)

Constitution: 14 (+2)

Intelligence: 14 (+2)

Wisdom: 18 (+4)

Charisma: 20 (+5)

Combat: 12 + 12 = 24PP

Initiative: +2

Attack: +6 Melee, +6 Ranged, +10 Rose Blast

Grapple: +6

Defense: +10 (+6 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -5

Saving Throws: 4 + 6 + 4 = 14PP

Toughness: +10 (+2 Con, +8 Protection)

Fortitude: +6 (+2 Con, +4)

Reflex: +8 (+2 Dex, +6)

Will: +8 (+4 Wis, +4)

Skills: 68R = 17PP

Acrobatics 8 (+10)

Bluff 15 (+20)

Knowledge: Pop Culture 12 (+14)

Languages 2 (Japanese, Spanish) (Base: English)

Perform (singing) 15 (+20)

Notice 8 (+12)

Sense Motive 8 (+12)

Feats: 17PP

Attack Specialization: Blast (2)

Benefit: Celebrity

Benefit: Wealth

Distract (Bluff)

Dodge Focus (4)

Fascinate (Perform)

Inspire (5)

Second Chance (Perform checks)

Uncanny Dodge (auditory)

Powers: 20 + 4 + 1 + 17 = 50PP

Blast 10 [20 pp] (mutation)

Flight 2 (25 MPH) [4 pp] (mutation)

Immunity 1 (aging) [1 pp] (mutation)

Luck Control 4 (spend an HP for another character, give HP to others, spend HP to negate HP/Fiat, force reroll) (PFs: Luck 5) [17 pp] (mutation)

Protection 8 [8 pp] (mutation)

Drawbacks: (-0) + (-0) = -0PP

DC Block

Totals: Abilities (30) + Combat (24) + Saving Throws (14) + Skills (17) + Feats (17) + Powers (50) - Drawbacks (0) = 150/150 Power Points

Aw, see, how you've hurt the feelings of the brony contingent, Doc.

More seriously, whether you intended the tone of this character to be ironic or not, it's just not appropriate for the setting either way. Nobody wants to humour the 'joke' character, nor do we look favourably upon - and I hesitate to use the terminology, but if the sequin encrusted slipper fits - Mary Sues.

OK, I get it. The character is not liked. I have offended some people's sensibilities. I was just trying to go for a fun and upbeat character. Not My Little Pony. Not a joke. Not a Mary Sue. Apparently it got misconstrued in the process. So I bow out. I'm sorry I wasted your time with this whole thing.