Under Cape and Banner(IC, Closed)

Ari

Subito blinked in amazement "Whoa, really? There are doctors who treat people like you and me on a regular basis?" there was a silence as he processed this entirely new information, during which the emergency vehicles arrived, picking up the agents in the cruisers and vans(the SWAT team that had been assembled thanked their patron of choice that they hadn't had to deal with the robot they had fleetingly glimpsed as it left), while the ambulances treated the burned metas, and ferried the uninjured ones to their homes. Several seconds after they had arrived, he said brightly "You know what? I'd like to meet one of them! I'll stick around Mz. Fulcrum, I bet I'll have to do this a lot in the future anyhow" so saying, he lowered himself to ten inches off the ground and followed the Terminus-empowered titan's lead, politely keeping his peace when the news vans rolled up and disgorged the small torrent of insatiably-curious newshounds, including such worthies as Julie Streeter from the Ledger, who seemed entirely too calm about the kidnapping of a dozen people, all of whom just happened to have powers. After discovering that neither of the two had the faintest idea why the gray-clothed men had stolen them, the topic of interest quickly turned to Subito, and who in the blazes he was. After repeated declarations that no, he wasn't related to her, nor was he her new student or otherwise affiliated, that he had found out what was going on entirely by chance, and that he was very much an American citizen, they at last turned to the mighty heroine.

After the usual barrage of questions regarding Viktor Archeville, news in the heroing world, the relationship between Dakana and the U.S., and what she thought of the recent rumors of a highly organized group of Terminus-empowered beings, they gradually dispersed to the captured metas who had agreed to remain and answer questions about their capture and rescue. Once that was done, Subito whistled in amazement, for nearly an hour had passed. "This..might take a while to get into the swing of. Thanks for your help Fulcrum, I really had no idea what it's like to be on the other end of those cameras and mics" he gave a weary sigh before the light suddenly burned back into his eyes "Alright, now that's done, I want to meet one of those doctors you mentioned! I can fix the clothes without too much trouble[, let's go!" he exclaimed eagerly, flitting about in gleeful impatience.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

after meeting with one of the many doctors that dealt with injured supers, the two went their separate ways, El Heraldo to his dorm at Claremont, where he found a frigid lecture on getting into things that he didn't know the expanse of from the iron headmaster. After several minutes of intensive soul-searching, Summers at last sent him to his room, with an extra load of coursework and a very slight compliment on his assistance with the rescue. The next few days were far less painful than he otherwise would have had to endure, the broken flesh and bone mending itself wonderfully well after the care given by the discreet surgeon.

Fulcrum on the other hand had a little while more of patrolling to do. There was an attempted purse-snatching by a guy who looked like a walking wall and hit like a freight train, three murderous emissaries of the Green man who tried to attack a flower shop with the aid of a very deranged spirit of summer, and a theft from the Freedom Natural History Museum by what turned out to be the god of jackylopes. All in all, just another night in Freedom City!

AEGIS Headquarters, September 10th 2011, 9.02 P.M...

Director Powers stared through the sound-proof glass at the small, harshly-lit room beyond, where two of his men where grilling one of the captured agents. He seemed amazingly eager to talk, gladly volunteering information even when it wasn't specifically asked for. As the glare of the light brought tears to his green eyes, and a slow trickle of sweat down his dark cheeks. It turned out that he had been part of OVERTHROW, on a mission to capture metas that had mutated into their powers, in order to make some kind of weapon out of them, something biological. According to him, the fact that those robots had been sent after them AFTER they were caught in the act meant that the terrorist group had effectively dumped them, and would have happily killed them to save their secrets.

After learning that he had embarked from a boat parked out in the middle of the south Atlantic, how many were likely to be aboard and their armaments, the was sent back to his cell to await departure to a stronger cell than could be found at Freedom City. Director Powers stroked his beard grimly at the news, knowing fully well that this might be the first attack in an entirely new kind of war with the notorious terrorist group. Marching rapidly to his office, he began his rundown of calls to make, friends to put in place at various locations suspected of harboring OVERTHROW cells. After making the needed arrangements he thumbed through a dossier marked "New Powers".

Tapping a pen against his dark temple, he began writing down the address noted in one article he found especially eye-opening, Powers began to reschedule the months ahead, there were interviews to be made in Freedom City...