Fire to the Bone [OOC]

Blue Rogue, Cannonade, Push, Wisp and Atlas fight radioactive Nazi zombies. What more do you want? And we're entering the fray right away, so first things first. The Nazis -- all six of them -- use AA's Red Star build, with a few noticeable differences:

-No Flight.

-CON 20 is replaced with CON -- and Immunity (Fortitude effects).

-Protection is thus boosted from 5 to 10, and Impervious is stripped out.

-Attractive, Benefit, and Luck do not apply.

Otherwise, everything else is the same. Now, Initiative, as we're right in the fray.

Cannonade goes on 15.

The Nazis go on 11, 14, 14, 5, 18, and 15.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, Atlas is going to stumble upon the scene during his nightly patrol. He'll be in his Gargoyle Form, which is well suited to night time patrols:

Enhanced Strength 6 [6pp]

Strike 2 PF: Mighty [3pp]

Protection 2 [2pp]

Favored Environment: Airborne [1pp]

Flight 6 DB: Wings; PF: Move by Action [12pp]

Additional Limbs 2 (two arms) [2pp]

Super Senses 4 (Extended Darkvision, Infravision) [4pp]

Super-Strength 3 [6pp]

Enhanced Skills (Notice 4, Intimidate 2, Acrobatics 10) [4pp]

Initiative (1d20+0=5)

All right, as Nyrath hasn't shown up since I started this thread (or for some time before hand), I think we're going to skip over Blue Rogue. So... quick retcon. It's not six zombies, it's five. The one who goes on 5 either no longer exists, or gets hit by a car walking into traffic. If Nyrath shows up at some point, we'll bring him in.

Azuth, do you want to get a post in with Wisp before we go into Fighty Time?

All right, as Nyrath hasn't shown up since I started this thread (or for some time before hand), I think we're going to skip over Blue Rogue. So... quick retcon. It's not six zombies, it's five. The one who goes on 5 either no longer exists, or gets hit by a car walking into traffic. If Nyrath shows up at some point, we'll bring him in.

Azuth, do you want to get a post in with Wisp before we go into Fighty Time?

Yes, I apologize for not getting to this sooner, this week has been... abnormal to say the least. I'll have Vicky's post up shortly.

Hey, it's understandable. I heard about the virus situation. I hope things get better.

And here we go:

Nazi Zombie 4: 18, Unharmed, 0 HP

Nazi Zombie 5: 15, Unharmed, 0 HP

Cannonade: 15, Unharmed, 2 HP

Push: 15, Unharmed, 3 HP

Nazi Zombie 3: 14, Unharmed, 0 HP

Nazi Zombie 2: 14, Unharmed, 0 HP

Nazi Zombie 1: 11, Unharmed, 0 HP

Wisp: 9, Unharmed, 2 HP

Atlas: 5, Unharmed, 4 HP

So the Zombies go first. One of them unleashes the Fort Save Blast on Cannonade, while the other one unleashes the Autofire Blast on Wisp. The Fort Save Blast one hits Cannonade, whereas the Autofire Blast one misses Wisp. That's a DC20 Fort save for Cannonade... which he makes.

Cannonade decides to respond to such a rude volley by moving to the mouth of the alley and unleashing his Shockwave. DC19 Reflex saves by the zombies, which none of them make. So that's DC24 Toughness saves for all of them. Zombie 1 makes it, Zombie 4 gets Bruised, Zombie 2 gets Bruised and Stunned, and Zombies 3 and 5 get Bruised, Stunned, and Staggered.

Nazi Zombie 4: 18, Bruised x1, 0 HP

Nazi Zombie 5: 15, Bruised x1, Stunned (Cannonade's Action), Staggered,, 0 HP

Push: 15, Unharmed, 3 HP

Nazi Zombie 3: 14, Bruised x1, Stunned (Cannonade's Action), Staggered, 0 HP

Nazi Zombie 2: 14, Bruised x1, Stunned (Cannonade's Action) , 0 HP

Push is up next.

All right, after checking with Quinn, he's volunteered to move Push down the order while he deals with a slight case of writer's block. So the new order looks like this:

Nazi Zombie 5: 15, Bruised x1, Stunned (Cannonade's Action), Staggered,, 0 HP

Nazi Zombie 3: 14, Bruised x1, Stunned (Cannonade's Action), Staggered, 0 HP

Nazi Zombie 2: 14, Bruised x1, Stunned (Cannonade's Action) , 0 HP

Push: 8, Unharmed, 3 HP

This means that the Zombies go next. Well, the one Zombie; Zombies 2 and 3 are still Stunned. Zombie 1 responds to Cannonade's volley by attempting to Dazzle him. And not even getting close, as a stray radioactive sparkler flies overhead.

Wisp is up next.

1d20+10=16. As per the note with the roll, dropping three points from attack and boosting her auto-fire AE, selective burst's damage to +10. So, unless there's been a defense loss on Nazi Zombies 1 & 4 I missed, Wisp misses them while hitting 2, 3, and 5 due to them being stunned. If I did the math and rules checking right, they should each have a DC 27 toughness save.

Nope, that'll hit. Let's see how that goes.

Zombie 5 takes another Bruised, Zombies 2 and 3 refresh their Stun.

Nazi Zombie 5: 15, Bruised x2, Stunned (Cannonade's Action), Staggered,, 0 HP

Nazi Zombie 3: 14, Bruised x2, Stunned (Wisp's Action), Staggered, 0 HP

Nazi Zombie 2: 14, Bruised x2, Stunned (Wisp's Action) , 0 HP

Push is up next.

They only drop if they are Staggered again.

Ah, I was confused because page 170 says,

Staggered: A staggered character can take a single move or standard

action each round, not both. Any further damage to a staggered character

shifts the character’s condition to unconscious.

And after talking it out with Quinn, he's decided to hit Nazi Zombie 4. Who's now Staggered. He also goes flying back into the nearest wall, which is Toughness 8, so it needs to make a DC23 Toughness save. And does not. The wall itself is damaged, but does not crumble.

Nazi Zombie 4: 18, Bruised x3, Stunned (Push's Action), Staggered, 0 HP

Atlas is up next.

As he's undead, he should be... but I didn't buy it as an Immunity at the time, so I'm not going to stiff you now.

And either way, he'd be dead.

We've got a lot of Stunned Zombies here, but Zombie 5 starts stirring again right before Cannonade's action. So Cannonade's going to punch Nazi Zombie 4, using a -2/+2 Power Attack... which does not hit. Not gonna spend the Hero Point for it at this time. Nazi Zombie 3 and 2 are still Stunned... at least, until Wisp's turn starts.

Nazi Zombie 5: 15, Bruised x2, Staggered,, 0 HP

Nazi Zombie 3: 14, Bruised x2, Staggered, 0 HP

Nazi Zombie 2: 14, Bruised x2, 0 HP

Wisp is up next.

1d20+8=27 on Wisp's power-attack shifted auto-fire AoE attack. If you're not going to edit immunity/crits to the zombies, I'd like to power power stunt Improved Critical onto that...

DC 30 toughness save for zombies 2, 3, and 5. DC 32 for zombie 4. If they're still vulnerable to crits, increase that to 32/37...

Edit: Fixed some bad math of mine.

You can certainly spend an HP to gain Improved Crit. And no, I'm not going to edit the Immunity in. Also, given that it's a 19 on all of them with Improved Crit, it'll become DC35/37.

In which case, Zombie 2 gets Stunned again and Zombies 3 and 5 are toast. And Zombie 4 is really toast.

Nazi Zombie 2: 14, Bruised x3, Stunned (Wisp's Action), 0 HP

Wisp: 9, Unharmed, 1 HP

Push is up next.

Same-same here, if this works. Going to keep it simple, and bring down the hammer (literally)!

Charge (+2 Attack, -2 Defense), All Out Attack (+5 Attack, -5 Defense), Power Attack (+5 Damage, -5 Attack) Augmented Hammerblow (DC 33 Toughness) (1d20+10=12) Well, that won't do.

Charge (+2 Attack, -2 Defense), All Out Attack (+5 Attack, -5 Defense), Power Attack (+5 Damage, -5 Attack) Augmented Hammerblow (DC 33 Toughness) Hero Point Reroll (1d20+10=28) Much better. And since the Augmented Hammerblow has Improved Critical 2, that strike is a crit. DC 38 Toughness save from the last zombie, please.