A Fair Day (IC)

""

Lynn clucked her tongue at the sight of the pretty young girl in the swimsuit, sounding a bit like a Jewish mother.

"<Tch, you poor pale little thing; you need to get some color! Maybe we can get you a sunlamp in here.>"

Not yet. Huh, are there any questions you have by the way, I know I did lose you a little maybe when we were talking about magic. I guess it has never been that much of a concern to yourself because true fae do not need much understanding past simple will to do what you do.>"

The shapeshifter chuckled and nodded, hands on her hips. "" Then she looked thoughtful. ""

Impatient to get into the water (and more or less immune to chilly conditions), Lynn dismissed her shades and tossed the beach ball into the pool.

""

She shrank down to pixie size, zipped up to the skylight above the pool, then resumed her normal form and dropped like a rock.

""

Splash!

""

She walked at the pools edge looking into the water,

""

Etain thought greatly for a momentabout how things had changed for her from reading such perceptions, but it wasn't something she lingered as she let out a wholehearted laugh as Lynn took to the self made high dive. She herself didn't just took a few paces to the deeper end of the pool, took a few paces back and jumped in. It wasn't quite as warm as she'd like, but the heater was working and she pushed off the bottom to get to the top letting out a sigh as she rolled onto her back and kicked over to where Lynn was to surface. It was nice like this, she missed swimming.

• 2 weeks later...

Lynn's face broke the water and she laughed in sheer joy. "Woo! Man, I can't remember than last time I hit the pool! Was it really last June at my birthday party?" She slid into a relaxed backstroke. "I need to use the one at school more often; our HQ doesn't have one, sad to say."

She paused mid-stroke and just laid there with her arms out, the acoustics of the pool playing havoc with her enhanced hearing; she closed her eyes and imagined herself miles out to sea, with whales and sharks far below her. Without even meaning to, she began signing.

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me..."

• 3 weeks later...

Etain giggled at the song,

""

She dove a little bit and opened her eyes to look around, it stung, a lot to do so, but she didn't care, she just watched the swirls of colors beneath the surface before bobbing to the top again. She lied on her back, again and looked up at the ceiling, through the skylight and at the greyish sky. She let out a breath,

""