Possible PL 7 Character

Supercape

Ok, this is a skeleton draft of a replacement for Slick.

None of this is set in stone, but loose ideas are:

1. Character may well be from the Earth Victoriana alternate universe, mainly for complications and fluff (has an antiquated view of life!)

2. Steampunk Inventor

3. Master detective - as an amalgamation of 2, he is an inexperienced polymath. Not so skilled, but very bright.

4. Baristu master!

Basically a badass normal, with detective and steampunk inventor features. Fluff is an old school Victorian Hero in the style of "Biggles", Jules Verne, etc. "Tally ho, Pip pip!" etc. In some ways similar to Supercape except a) this guy actually acts! rushes in, etc. B) he is a smoocher too...

On that last point he is incorprating some of the elements of Slick, but in a more Victorian way.

Player Name: Lord Steam

Character Name: Lord Lucien Lockwood

Power Level: (7 or 10) (105/105PP)

Trade-Offs: +2 Attack / -2 Damage

Unspent PP: 0

Progress To Bronze Status: 0/30

In Brief: Steampunk Sherlcok

Alternate Identities: None

Identity: Public

Birthplace: London

Affiliations: None

Family: tbc

Apparent Age: 30

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 85 Kgs

Eyes: Blue-Green

Hair: Brown

Description:

Power Descriptions: n/a

History: tbc

Personality & Motivation: tbc

Powers & Tactics: to carefully study and track his opponents, but in the end, to leap in fearlessly and defeat evil.

Complications:

Steampunk Mechanic: Whilst clever with steampunk technology, modern stuff usually defeats Lord Steam.

Antiquated Attitude: Lord Steam is somewhat antiquated in his view on servants, class, and women, although always polite about it.

Silver Spoon: Only the best will do. Lord Steam simply can't do without luxuries or living in anything but splendour.

Curiosity killed the Cat: The finest mind means the finest curiosity. Poking his nose in, and never letting go till the mystery is unravelled!

Schmoozer: With an eye for the ladies, fine wine, and parties, Lord Steam can be distracted...

Abilities: 6 + 6 + 6 + 12 + 12 + 10 = 52PP

Strength: 16 (+3)

Dexterity: 16 (+3)

Constitution: 16 (+3)

Intelligence: 22 (+6)

Wisdom: 22 (+6)

Charisma: 20 (+5)

Combat: 10 + 10 = 20PP

Initiative: +3

Attack: +5 (+9 Melee, +10 With fine Baritsu Cane)

Grapple: +12

Defense: +7 (+5 Base, +2 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -2

Saving Throws: 1 + 1 + 0 = 2PP

Toughness: +7 (+3 Con, +4 Defensive Roll)

Fortitude: +4 (+3 Con, +1)

Reflex: +4 (+3 Dex, +1)

Will: +6 (+6 Wis, +0)

Skills: 46R = 12PP

Bluff 5 (+10)

Craft (Mechanical) 4 (+10)

Diplomacy 5 (+10)

Gather Information 5 (+10)

Investigate 4 (+10)

Knowledge (Technology) 4 (+10)

Notice 4 (+10)

Search 4 (+10)

Sense Motive 4 (+10)

Languages 7: English [Native]. French, German, Greek, Japanese, Latin, Russian, Spanish

Feats: 0PP

Attack Focus: Melee 4

Benefit 4 (Wealth 3, Aristocrat)

Connected

Contacts

Defensive Roll 2

Dodge Focus 2

Eidectic Memory

Inventor

Master Plan

Well Informed

Equipment 1

Fine Baristu Walking Cane (Masterwork weapon, Club) [5EP]

Powers: 0 + 0 + 0 = 0PP

None

DC Block:

ATTACK      RANGE     SAVE                        EFFECT

Unarmed     Touch     DC18 Toughness (Staged)     Damage (Physical)

Cane           Touch    DC 20  Toughness (Staged)    Damage (Physical)

Abilities (52) + Combat (20) + Saving Throws (2) + Skills (12) + Feats (19) + Powers (0) - Drawbacks (0) = 105/105 Power Points

May have some rollover points from Slicks Vignettes etc but Dok said he would check on that!

That too.

I may get it further fown the line when Sense Motive starts really racking up.

Then again, maybe not. It really is pretty useless especially when most fights are open in FCPBM - unless you have a will of iron not to metagame that.

On combat front, once more PP are forthcoming, I intend to make him master of Bartitsu wondering what feats to go for?

Improved Critical: Cane / Unarmed?

Weapon Block / Improved Disarm?

Fast Bluff / Startle?

Grappling / Chokehold stuff?

Improved Trip?

Maybe defensive attack? (It was a self defence martial art...sort of)

Any thoughts gratefully received. Ideally I would plow them in now, but PPs, PPs....

Before I post this character for scrutiny:

1. Any objections to the maths?

2. Any objections to the fluff - particularly the "Antiquarian Attitudes" complications. I will emphasise this will categorically NOT include racism, and will include homophobia and sexism only in the "Polite ignorance" rather than vindictive way. Its a line that I dont want to cross however.

Examples

'"Sexism" = "Allow me to drive Madam", "Stand back Madam! There is skullduggery and danger afoot!"

i.e. More misguided chivalry than thinking women are inferior or should be treated badly. Possible complications would be underestimating a woman's combat prowess / strength, not hitting a woman, or refusing to let a woman drive even if he himself had a broken arm.

"Homophobia" = "Its very fashionable in Paris, I hear", "Mr. Lungfellow was a queer chap... bats for both sides I understand. ", "All the rage in the theatres, you know. And the army. And the clergy. And the civil service. "

i.e. More nudge nudge wink wink keep it behind twitching curtains. Possible complications would be being oblivious to somebodies sexuality. Indeed, if there was any overt nastiness of this sort it would be something he would react to: "Steady on, Eunice old chap, there's no need for that language. A bit of respect please!"

"Classism" = Probably no excuse here. "Step to it Jeeves!"

If anybody thinks this is stepping to close to the mark I will remove it. I hasten to emphasise this is more about being "antiquarian" out of time than innately sexist/racist/nasty. Lord Steam is an intelligent, charismatic, and all round decent guy there is nothing nasty about him (bar possibly his classist attitudes). Its about being a fish out of water, not an excuse for hating.