A Star is (re-)Born [OOC]

Cubist

Quote's last post doesn't seem to provide any indication that Eddie had taken anyone with him when he dropped in on K-Jones. If you and Quote want to do a teeny-tiny retro-edit to bring Grim in now, I say go for it; alternately, would it be in character for Grim to just kinda show up without letting Eddie know in advance?

Either way is fine by me...

So if the concert is taking place on the 25th, am I to assume it's not the same as the current day? If so, Eddie could always call Grim and tell her about his upcoming gig.

I see this scene as happening a few days before the 25th -- I don't see that the specific date matters, but I can just declare the specific date if anyone asks. And again, if you'd like to have Grim show up in this scene, I'm amenable; a bit of retroactive editing may or may not be advisable, but that would be thoroughly doable.

I see this scene as happening a few days before the 25th -- I don't see that the specific date matters, but I can just declare the specific date if anyone asks. And again, if you'd like to have Grim show up in this scene, I'm amenable; a bit of retroactive editing may or may not be advisable, but that would be thoroughly doable.

To me it makes the most sense for Grim to show up at the concert itself, either having heard about it through the grapevine or Eddie calling her. I have no problem waiting a few posts before having her show up.

It looks like the thread has reached a point where it would make sense to fast-forward all the way up to the concert proper. So all them what's coming about, how about you make one post to the thread which covers whatever relevant (or interesting) stuff you might be doing in the days leading up to 4 March, the date of said concert, after which the camera zooms in on that very self-same concert? I'm looking at Grimalkin, Push, Breakdown, and Jubatus...

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, the thread is alive. I wanted to work up a floor plan for KayJay's... and since it's a somewhat unusual shape of building, I figured it would be a good idea to do a 3D model of the place in Google SketchUp. Too time-consuming, alas. Am putting the 3D on the back burner and finishing up the 'conventional' floorplan now. Will post floorplan GIFs to this thread, and then we can all continue.

KayJay's is housed in a Quonset hut. Internally, it's about 50 feet wide and 20 feet high, and about 180 feet long. The main entrance is at one end; also at that end is a mezzanine level. I'd like to include graphics in this post, but the BB software won't let me do that -- it complains that it can't determine the dimensions of the images -- so you'll have to make do with clickable URLs.

The main floor: http://transform.to/~cubist/stuff/Kayja ... -floor.gif (note: large image, 590*2009)

The mezzanine level: http://transform.to/~cubist/stuff/Kayjays-mezzanine.gif

Cross-sectional view: http://transform.to/~cubist/stuff/Kayjays-xsection.gif