Victory Rush! (IC) (Closed)

Quinn

Date: December 6, 2010.

Time: 12:00. High Noon.

Weather: Sunny. No clouds.

The theme song from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly played in Push's ear, the commlink tuned to an old radio station. The top of St. George's Cathedral was one of his favorite places to relax and reflect, and he kind of needed it then. A hoagie wrapper lay beside him, his lunch finally eaten. All seemed right with the world, for once...a rare quiet day in Freedom City.

He amused himself by watching the clouds go by, pondering the shapes of them. Oh, look, a jet. At least, he thought it was a jet. In this town you never could tell if something in the skies was a plane or a flying hero. And God knows the number of accidents that have probably occurred due to that...

Meh. Quinn shrugged and took a sip from a water bottle, then dropped it back in his bag. Maybe he had time for a quick siesta before going back to looking for a hideout. With Scratch still at large and the evidence pointing to him still being here, he might as well settle in for a long haul. Yeah, a nap would be juuust right right about now...

Victory, always out on patrol, was having a surprisingly quiet day. No punk speedsters trying to swipe from the mall. No thugs (and one politician) in stolen power suits holding up the bank. Not even some mugger holding up an old lady! While it does make for a boring day, in his line of work, that tends to be a good thing.

As he flies overhead, his enhanced vision notices someone perched on top of a cathedral. This might be something. Zooming in, he finds someone laying there, finishing up a sandwich. And with a big hammer. He stopped (mostly out of sight, at least normal sight) to take a scan. Yup, just as thought. Metahuman. Some kind of telekinetic. Searching the database, he comes up with some less fortunate news. Looks like this one's got an outstanding warrant from Gear City. Victory sighs. Looks like his quiet day was about to get a lot louder.

In no time, that "jet" up in the sky rocketed down, and with a blink (although Push's eyes may already be closed to take his nap by then), Victory floats above him, arms crossed, a readout going across his visor of the warrant. He removes one crossed arm to hold out his hand, which glows with a hologram of the AEGIS emblem.

"Metahuman codename Push? Come with me, please. And come quietly."

Push blinked his eyes open. He looked at the...man? Cyborg floating in front of him. Then he looked at the AEGIS marker. Then he looked at the cyborg again. Then he looked at the sky. And let out a long-suffering sigh, speaking in a musing voice.

"Why is it whenever life seems calmest, fate seems to find some new way of kicking me in the balls? I don't suppose saying I'm innocent'll help any, since it hasn't before. So I think my only response here is...no, and frak you."

And on that note, he calmly sat up, dusted off his coat and scarf, then tipped his wool cap (at least, as best he could) towards the hero. Then, in one swift motion, he promptly rolled off the side of the building and fell off.

As Push rolls off the side to start an escape, Victory sighs in annoyance and rolls his eyes, tilting his head up. He couldn't just give up? Oh well.

While Push's escape attempt was quite clever, it wasn't the best way to try and stop an escape attempt with Victory on the case. Almost as soon as Push's body moved over the side of the roof. Victory was already there. And not only that, he already had a hand extended, ready to catch him by the collar as Push falls past him towards the ground.

A grin creased his features, and as he tumbled closer to the man's hand, Push spoke in a quite friendly-type manner.

"Right. Plan B."

Push's hand shot out and turned the hero on his back, so that he was sliding forward with his feet towards Victory, looking like he was ready for a kick.

"Sorry, mate, but I've got better places to be than jail!"

And on the word jail, he slammed his feet down, kicking in the kinetic jets for a split second...except a hell of a lot more powerful than normal. He shot off like a cork from a bottle, flying over Victory's head and thumbing his nose at the hero, before starting to plummet down to the streets.

. . . Crap, how am I supposed to land?

His arms started windmilling a split second later as he tumbled end over end, but fortunately the force field took up most of the blow as he hit the pavement. Taking advantage of the sudden distance between the two, he took off at a run, racing for the nearest alleyway.

Just as Victory was about to catch the "perp", a sudden force blasted in his face, pushing him down to ground level, as he throws his arms up and fires his jets to keep from crashing hard into the pavement. As he brings his arms down, he catches the dust left over, and shoots up into the sky.

Talking into his receiver, he goes for some info.

"Did you catch the initial force and direction calculations?"

"Yes, sir. We're sending the calculated landing trajectory now.

"Good. Get a recovery crew ready."

As Victory is fed the requested info,the visor running all sorts of numbers, his annoyed face turns into more of an angry scowl.

He better not have scuffed my polish with that...

Push raced down the alleyways, feet pounding the pavement as his heart thudded in his ears. Turning corners, over fences, random directions left and right...hope to God it was as disorienting to that bucket of bolts as it was to him.

Unfortunately, there was one slight difficulty with evasion by this method. Soon he was completely lost in a maze of alleyways, although he didn't really care much by this point.

Keep head under cover. Watch the skies...react, adapt, evade. React, adapt, evade.

Victory scans the coordinates where his crew calculated Push landing, and used his highly-advanced vision to search the area around for 10 miles. Quickly, he found the same metahuman signal again, and blasted down into an alley. He waited until the target was in an unoccupied one, as he wouldn't want any civilian damage done in the chase.

Like a flash of lightning, Victory was right in Push's face, his jets kicking up dirt as he hovers just above the ground.

"Resisting arrest is just adding to your warrant, kid! Surrender before any more civilian casualties might end up added to your record!"

Turns out evading and adapting are not the easiest things to do when you're being chased by a human jet with a support team.

Push's eyes fixed on Victory, and his hand whipped up the haft of his hammer...then stopped. His eyes narrowed, the steel-grey looking positively frightening. Air around him started to warp and crackle, the bricks on nearby walls staring to shake, garbage randomly leaping up and around, papers flying hither and thither around him.

"I really wish you hadn't said that..."

Come on, Quinn, cool your jets. This guy doesn't know us from Adam, and he's AEGIS. That means he only knows what the cops do. Just gotta calm the frak down...alright. Distraction and escape. Three...two...one...!!

Without more than a blink, he swiveled his arms, closing his eyes and feeling the tiny amounts of kinetic energy in everything surrounding him...dumpsters...garbage cans...sheets of paper....tin cans...everything was moving at some level, and all it took was a little...push.

It started with a tin can bouncing off of Victory's head. Which was followed by a dumpster narrowly missing his left leg. Papers began flying all over, garbage and fallen bricks and detritus bouncing here and there and everywhere, creating absolute chaos in that alleyway, with Victory in the eye of that hurricane. Without looking to see the result, Push ducked down and ran by, scrambling through the chaos and away, deeper into the bowels of the city.

Looks like he hit a soft spot. Well, that at least showed him one thing. This one had at least some conscience if it bothered him that much to bring up his record like that. Of course, it also seemed to end up enraging Push, which would likely be bad for the citizens around them. And he was right, as the brick and all kicks up around him in a tornado of debris. Fortunately, Victory was at the eye of it, so he wasn't getting thrown around. It did, however, mess with his vision, as all the rocks had different heat patterns from the movement, making it hard to tell what was what even with his Infravision.

With pieces of debris bouncing harmlessly, but annoyingly, off his metal frame, he knew he'd have to stop this before it caused any real harm. As such, he floated up a bit higher, and kicked all his jets in one direction, and he began to spin in the opposite direction of the tornado's rotation. The speed of his movement was able to match the speed of the tornado, and before long, he canceled it out, the rotation evening out to return the air current to normal.

But when it finishes, he looks more annoyed than ever, as he shot back up into the air once again to re-acquire his target.

Quinn ducked into a nearby covered doorway a few blocks away, leaning on the interior of the cubby and breathing heavily. He carefully peered outside, scanning the skies for any sign of Victory...but didn't see a thing.

"Bugger."

Taking a moment to rest under cover, he pulled his scarf down and mopped his face. Whoever that cyborg was, he was damn fast, and persistent as all hell, not to mention the fact that he was starting to run outta juice. Admittedly that little bit of chaos didn't cost him much, but anything major was probably going to drain him completely by this point.

He pushed his scarf back into position before risking one more look into the sky, ducking back under cover after a quick scan. He couldn't just go walking out there, that warhammer was a dead giveaway now...he facepalmed. Now AEGIS knew he had the damn thing too. Not that he was going to just toss it, it was too useful for that, but he needed a plan and fast.

Ok. No way flying'd work, not with Tin Can Man up there. Way too fast for me, even if I went full-bore...and no way I can do that for more than a few seconds. Gotta fade, the question is...how?

From his sudden height, Victory got a good view of everything for a long distance, his visor quickly scanning all life signs in a significant radius starting from where he last saw Push. He couldn't find the reading out in the open street, so the perp must've found either a building on side door to hide in. Time to get searchin, he thinks. In the blink of an eye, Victory was down near ground level, rocketing down each road within a few miles as little more than a blue streak and a gust of wind.

That's it....I can't let this punk cause any more damage to the surrounding area....I'm going to have to cut out the kid stuff this time...

Push rummaged through his messenger bag, cursing a blue streak.

PDA...no....Night vision goggles...no...multi-tool...no....aha!

A grin creased his features as he took out a small black orb and a mask, pulling down his scarf and sticking it to his nose and mouth. Pulling the scarf back up to obscure the fact that he was wearing it, he palmed the orb and stepped out into the alleyway, chuckling.

"Come on, tin man...where are you?"

Staring into the sky, he waved here and there with his free hand, looking very nonchalant.

It isn't wise to tempt fate like that. As soon as Push finishes calling him out, he'd feel a powerful metal hand on his collar, and suddenly the ground begins to move away...very, very quickly. High up in the sky, Victory dangles Push above the city.

"You've got one last chance before I have to use force...."

As he says those words, his other hand curls into a fist, the servos and gears intentionally audible.

"...come quietly. Before someone gets hurt."

Push shrugged...well, attempted to shrug. Hanging above the skyline by the scruff of your neck didn't exactly do much for your shoulder maneuverability.

"Damn. Nice view up here, yeh?"

The wind blew past them, billowing his coat and scarf around while he simply crossed his arms and admired the skyline.

"I gotta ask, you ever meet an Agent Kent? Nice guy, but so persistent! You two could start a Push fan club or something, seriously. And by the way, you missed reading me my rights."

He leaned his head back, eyes visibly smirking while the lower half of his face remained covered.

"Oh, almost forgot!"

Quinn's left hand shot up, shoving the small orb right in front of Victory's nose.

"Grabbing a wanted man without frisking them first? Not smart."

A squeeze and a beep, and a truly prodigious amount of vivid green gas erupted from the small orb into Victory's face!

When they've reached high enough, Victory stops. At his speed, he could bring this punk so high that his brain would shut down for good, but he's practiced these distances enough that he brings him just high enough to cause fatigue, loss of breath, and dizziness. Even loss of consciousness in many cases. But the view up there very high above the clouds does tend to be quick breathtaking, this is true.

"It sure is pretty, isn't it? But anyway, I never heard of 'em. As for the rights...well...the public safety clause would mean it doesn't have to be read right now. Besides....I don't work for the police."

Even while he was talking, the gas bomb was brought up to his face, and let loose. Victory, however, just talked right through it, his eyes not even so much as drooping. When the gas clears enough for his face to be visible, a plate had come up over his mouth, one that deploys instantly at any potential threat, or when Victory wishes. He doesn't actually need it for most gas like this, but he still likes to use it for dramatic effect.

When it was all gone for a few seconds, Victory began to gear his jets up louder, and begins to move up again.

"So, I take it that means you want to go higher?"

Granted, his mind was gibbering in terror by this point, and his breath was coming considerably shorter, but Quinn tried his level best to stay calm.

"Wow. Never seen it...from this high up before...yeah...looks real pretty..."

Push felt his head getting dizzier, the air in his lungs vanishing with each second.

"Not police...huh...figures...always thought it'd be...Scratch that got me...in the end...didn't even get...a chance...to clear my name..."

His head lolled forward at that, his breaths shallow he stared downwards.

As Push passes out, Victory speaks into his receiver.

"Did you catch that last bit? Might be worth looking in to."

The people back at dispatch answer affirmative, and Victory begins to head back.

"Make sure to have a recovery team ready. I'm sending the coordinates I'll be dropping him off at now..."

He gives them a few moments to get the crew scrambled, and keeps an eye on Push just in case he wakes up. He shakes him a couple times, just to be sure, and wonders a few things to himself. First one being if he was serious abut this set up thing, or if it's just an empty plea.

Once he gets the word, Victory rockets down, landing in front of a heavy-armored transport vehicle, and some agents ready with weapons up and nullifier cuffs out.

"He's unconscious, but be careful. He's a slippery one."