It's Not Lupus [IC]

Flare Knight

'Was not allowed pencils'? Interesting! But that can be broached in a moment.

"Ah, a comic book artist?!" he repeated, his face lighting up. "Ah, I have often wanted to meet someone in that industry! Have you done anything famous? Ah, no, no," he waved one hand, "if telling me would compromise your secret identity, you are under no obligation to tell me!"

Respect! I has it! Ah, and now he shows curiosity...

"It... can function as a camera, yes," he said, grinning. He held the gadget out so Powerhouse could get a good look at it, though if he reached out to touch it the Doktor pulled it away. "It is packed with tools and sensors, and can project and manipulate a wide spectrum of energies! An invaluable gadget in my pursuit of science... and justice!"

That should further assure him of my good intentions. Ah, subdued response to police officers, though not shunning them completely. Prior dealings with police? Or with uniformed authority figures? Go slow, he still has a thick shell around him.

"I will be happy to take these to them for you," the Doktor replied, still smiling. But then the smile faded -- just slightly -- and he took a more concerned expression, "Besides, I do not think you would want to answer the questions they would ask those restraints on your neck, wrists, waist and ankles...."

Placing a hand to his chin, Powerhouse thought for a minute and decided that he was being a bit too open. He DID have a secret identity to protect, after all, he pointed out to himself, but he attempted to answer the question anyway, or what he would. "Well, I can't say I've worked on anything big alone, but sometimes I get to do little projects in bigger things. I've gotten to carry papers for someone who was." He said, holding back on being proud enough to say exactly which issues of what he'd drawn- he enjoyed his job so much that he had to force himself to shut up about it-, and reaching out to touch the item, though when the Doctor pulled it away, he respectfully put his hands back next to him instead of reaching for it more.

"You fit all that into a single item that tiny? It's incredible! And you use it to fight crime?" He said, completely awed. "So you can use it to beat up crooks, then take their pictures, then send them to the cops while gathering evidence for their arrest all with just that? That's... I can't even think up the words!" He finally said, completely out of words to describe it. The next statements from the doctor, however, made him grimace and touch the cold metal on his neck, then looked around, attempting to find something to pull the conversation onto the doctor. He was becoming a bit uncomfortable, now that the restraints were brought up, and he answered while attempting to swiftly steer the conversation.

"Yes...I would rather not. Bad memories." He said simply, then attempted to turn the subject. "So, Doctor, uhhh..." He searched around for a bit. "What other cool things do you have? I mean, you already have a 'do everything' thing, but do you have a 'do everything but better' machine or something?" He finally asked, having found nothing in his head and settling for asking something nonsensical about the gadget.