Cha-Cha-Changes (IC)

Raveled

"Nope." Blake said, holding her tight. "I just hate your crappy parents. I can't believe that they want to know all about what you've been doing after not talking to you for three years. Makes me sick to my stomach." Blake spat the words out as his face turned to one of disgust. "All I know is I'm here for you and we'll make it through this. Should we stay up here for a bit? I kind of don't want to talk to your folks any more if that's okay." Blake snapped his fingers and turned back into his normal form. "We'll be able to relax up here for a while." He smiled at her.

Jessica buried her face in Blake's shoulder, trying to sort out her feelings. She knew, intellectually, that she should feel defensive about his attacking her family, but she didn't really think of her parents family, cruelly enough. They were stranger with the same surname that she spent one holiday in five with. If Blake had been badmouthing her grandfather -- but then, maybe no one would have a chance to do that, again.

The thought shook Jessica anew and she clutched at Blake. "I don't wanna go down," she said. "Not yet. Can we just... stay up here for a little bit longer?"

Blake held her closely, stroking her hair gently. "I think that sounds like a good plan, Jessica. Just take all the time you need." Blake closed his eyes as he held her, his own thoughts moving in his head. He didn't know if her grandfather would make it, and if so, he'd be her only 'family' she had. He was ready for that, if it needed to happen. Blake hoped Jessica wasn't angry at him for talking to her parents like he did. He knew they didn't consider Jessica a big part of their life, and he couldn't forgive them for that. The two of them stand in silence on top of the hospital, wind rustling their hair.