Stopping By For A Nice Little Chat (OOC)

Heritage

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, I chatted with Nanowire's plater Veiled Malice when I brought Grim back last year, and he approved of (and suggested most of) this interpretaion of events after I left back in '08. But as far as Nightrival goes, we have only this aborted thread that was supposed to be the reunion of NR and Grim, but Shadowboxer disappeared right after making his only post in that thread. Grim was of course disguised as the old timer.

Having no input from SB, I have been very vague as to what happened between them back in that homeless shelter; I've always played it like it didn't go all that well, and then Rival disappaered shortly thereafter. Needless to say, Grim thinks something bad happned to her old mentor, and she's somehow responsible :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just to be clear: Grim's your character, so whatever Dok's studies find is up to you. I've been having him find nothing on his scans b/c he's scanning for Metahuman/Mutant stuff, but those wouldn't show anything because her descriptors are all "supernatural" and "magic" and such. Like how "Detect Mutant Powers" would detect zilch in Captain Marvel (the DC one), and "Detect Magical Abilities" would get zip on (most of) the X-Men, and neither scan would pick up the abilities of Superman (since his powers aren't magic and aren't the result of altered human genetics, his abilities are inherent/natural to his species). IMO, he could pick up what she's doing, and maybe part of how she does it (scanning areas of her brain to determine which parts are most active when using certain powers, indicating which powers are triggered by conscious thought, how much of her own memory is accessed when doing so, which ones are reflex, etc., or just how pervasive her body changes when she morphs, or how she is able to go without food or water or air), but not all of the mechanisms. I will, of course, be happy to provide any technobabble ;)

Yeah, I like the way you've been playing it so far; despite the elfin features, I've always imagined Grim looks and reads like a normal persom to the naked eye and scientific apparatus. Scanning her brain would work, showing activity in various sectors similar to what an artist my show while considering a new painting. I'm thinking that the only way any sort of energy discharge would be detected is using magical devices or senses like Jackie B's which are attuned to magical as well as standard energy.

The internal functions stuff is much trickier; I'm assuming that X-rays and CAT scans would show a full set of organs, but that they don't seem to be doing very much. Real food and liquids that go down to her stomach just sort of vaporizes, as does any glamoured food she eats. The lungs still expand and contract, but there no longer appears to be any oxygen exchange going on, although as of this date, I think she still need to breath; her Imminuity to suffocation is new for November, so she's still feedling her little red blood cells as of early October. For the record, Grim will still appear to breathe normally, though she might stop from time to time while sleeping. Thankfully for Dok's sanity's sake she hasn't started doing animals and objects on a regular basis yet as of October 5th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...