Speed Freaks!(IC)

tryrar

"Copy that, agent Victory. A pickup team is in route and will intercept you shortly. As for the other two, the satellites have their position located in Kansas, approaching Colorado. If you book it, you should catch up to them before they cross the Rockies. HQ out."

"Roger, HQ. I can already see them. I'll be there..." Before he even finishes the sentence, he stops an AEGIS extraction unit. "...right now." He drops the unconscious body off in the vehicle, where two agents quickly put nullifying cuffs on him. "Get ready for a second one soon. And make sure the kid helping out gets some kind of compensation for his help." At that last sentence, he gives his cheesiest smile, a salute, and then a quick thumbs-up, before he sets off on the trajectory fed to him from dispatch, his signature V-shaped booster trail going for miles behind him.

While Victory pours on the MPH to reach Momentum, Nitro finally realizes he's not gonna shake Momentum. Heck, the kid was only sweating a little, while he was pretty darn winded! It l0oked like if he wanted to lose him, there was only one thing to do...

"Huff...Huff...Alright kid, you wanna be so persistent? You wanna be a hero? Then get a taste of this!

Nitro slows down, then suddenly reverses direction and attacks, landing a flurry of punches while his fist glows with an energy startlingly familiar to Momentum!

Even with his ill-understood kinetic barrier and fists upraised defensively, Speedy McSpeederston still managed to slug the kid in the red hoodie with a solid fist to the chest. Momentum reeled, a hand clutching the no-doubt bruised locale with a wince of pain.

"You jerk!" he wheezed out, now thoroughly enraged by Nitro's suddenly inspired bout of fisticuffs. Balling up another fist, Noah let loose another blast of rippling energy colorized by his hoodie's sleeves, a burst of red kinetic force accelerating towards Nitro with painful intent.

Surprisingly, Momentum manages to catch Nitro off guard! Momentum's kinetic assault barrels into Nitro's side, driving him back a few steps. Furious, Nitro counterattacks, launches a furious assault of fists that leaves Momentum on his knees, barely clinging to consciousness! "Kid, normally you'd be out like a light right now, but you have actually managed to thoroughly piss me off! And for that, well, you won't be chasing ANYONE anymore! It was nice knowing you, hope you get some actual brains in your next life!" Nitro slowly advances on Momentum, his hand glowing a sickly red color; somehow, Momentum gets the sense that if he's hit by that attack, he won't be getting up again, ever. Things are looking bleak for our young hero...

Meanwhile, somewhere over Missouri, Victory suddenly gets a frantic broadcast from AEGIS HQ. "Agent Victory! Agent Victory! Come In! Do you copy? We noticed they stopped about forty miles from Denver, and just locked in on the two subjects with visual satellite imagery. It looks like we have a situation! That crook is about to finish off that young speedster that was aiding you! You need to be there, like YESTERDAY! Move it man! HQ out!"

Even before the radio finishes sending Victory their message, he's already there. His jets screech with unreal power as the silver-and-blue streak leaves the sound far behind, the v-shape of his flight able to be seen far, far behind him. Crossing multiple state lines in a flash, the mechanical soldier finds his target, as he grits his teeth, pushing himself and readying for impact. He sees the rough situation ahead, and rears his arm back. Before anyone but him could register what was happening, Nitro is knocked out of sight, as Victory's momentum slams into him, the incredible force shaking the woods around them, blowing the leaves off the closest trees. As he knocks Nitro away, Victory immediately rushes to check on the young hero. He looked in bad shape, but conscious. Offering a hand to help him up, Victory smiles in relief. "Hey there, kid. You alright?"

A wave of mixed feelings wash over the squishy red-hooded vigilante, his precious hide saved by a timely - albeit calamitous - crash into Nitro sending him flying beyond eyesight. Slumping to the ground and pulling his knees up, Noah took several deep breaths as he assessed the situation and appraised his own self, disregarding the hand offered not out of spite, but out of the simple fact he just wanted to sit down. A few more seconds, and he might have been a little less alive than in his current state!

"... I'm okay, I think..." Momentum finally wheezed out, clutching his battered body with a free arm as he soaked in the situation proper. That was one heck of a hit; a hit, Noah was pretty sure, someone normal couldn't have possibly survived. There's a long pause from the boy as he simply copes with the devastating series of super-fast blows he'd been dealt; pondering on what else to say but coming up flat.

"Is he... do you think he, y'know..." he finally begins anew, peering off in the direction Nitro had flown off, clearly uncertain as to the results of the devastating blow. "You kinda hit him pretty hard, guy..."

Shuffling a little on the ground, Noah winced with tangible pain from the various inflictions. He was certainly in no shape to investigate the state of the super-fast thief.

"... Think you better, like, check on him. See if he's not... y'know..." Noah continued, reclining slightly in the dirt even as he speaks. "I'm cool. Just... need to rest for a sec."

Victory closed his eyes and let out a sigh of relief. Good, the kid's fine. And as he listens, he realizes just how hard he must've hit that punk. Thinking about it a moment, he radios in. "Did you manage to get signs on the perp? I knocked him pretty far...." He waits for a moment as the dispatch voice checks in with the recovery team that was sent to intercept, and Victory sighs again, smiling and giving the kid a pat on the shoulder. "They had charted out the trajectory he was gonna get sent from my hit. They had a team there catch him. He won't be getting up anytime soon, but he's alive. I think he and his buddy are gonna have a lot of time to think about just what a mistake they've made." Turning his boosters off (which is not something he willingly does too often), his heavy body sinks to the ground, and he turns to sit on a log near the kid hero. "That was impressive how you kept with him so well. From what HQ told me, you guys were all over the place. What do you call yourself?"

"Hurt. Tired. Hungry. But I guess you can call me, like, Momentum." Momentum hums out in an amalgam of sarcasm and comical intent, wincing as he shuffles around some more from his combat ineffectual scuffle. "Probably totally gonna, like, get in trouble when I get home..."

Another bereaved sigh is emitted from the boy, still feeling the ill effects of the thorough thrashing he'd just received. Even so, his goggle-obscured eyes peer at the hulking metal man sitting on the log. He looked ridiculous, really, but that seemed like kind of a mean thing to say to a guy who just saved his skin. Probably best not to mention his curiosity, he suspected.

"So... uh... I guess I should say thanks or something. So, y'know, thanks."

Admittedly, Victory felt a bit awkward sitting on the log with his body the way it is. And it probably isn't helping with his helmet on. Lifting up, he removes his helmet, letting his hair get open to the air, which is something he wishes he could do while flying, to be honest. Putting his helmet on his knee, he rests his arm on it. Reaching up to ruffle his hair a bit, he looks to Momentum again. "Momentum, huh? Fitting. They call me Victory. At least when I'm on-duty. And no need to thank me. If you weren't there,too, one of them probably would've gotten too far away to find again." Unlike most heroes, he really doesn't mind letting his face being fully exposed. AEGIS, while not advertising his real name or anything, doesn't try to cover it up, either. He shifts a bit where he sits, then lets himself relax, the sounds of gears throughout his body downshifting can be heard very slightly.

"Do your parents know? If they do, I'm sure they'd understand. If not, I could either go with you or send some agents with you. Give them a cover-story. I'm sure once they see someone with this..." He opens his hand, and a holographic projection the shape of the AEGIS shield hovers in front of his palm. "...then they probably won't get mad. They'll probably just be happy you're safe." He thinks a moment, then gives a slight chuckle. "Or maybe you'd rather not have us bring you to your home. Privacy and all."

"As if." comes the sharp retort. Show up at the front door with some guy representing some sort of law enforcement agency? Yeah, real good idea. Noah cringed again, this timefrom the imaginary looks he perceived his parents having were any of this to be brought up. "I get the idea, like, my folks wouldn't get the whole 'dress-up-and-fight-crime' thing; so no, they totally don't know. Probably best to keep it that way, y'know?"

Sniffling a little as he rose to his feet, Momentum bit his lower lip as he poised himself in his staggered condition. At this point, the young teen just wanted to go home and go to sleep. He'd had enough punishment for the day; much as he didn't want it in the first place. God knows he wasn't looking forward to the mocking banter of his sister if he got home late and was grounded.

"So... uh..." Noah began anew, readjusting his goggles as he awkwardly considered whether or not to speak before swallowing his pride. Even if he could survey the entire area, it probably wouldn't help since it was all foreign turf to the displaced Canadian. "... do you, um, know which way it is back to Freedom City?"