Stat Yourself [Elseworlds/What If?] [IC]

Heridfel

As Joey shouts, Tony can't help but cringe. His normal nature is one of quiet observation, this abrupt and loud declaration is very alarming. But, it does have the appeal of being very direct and the quickest way to find out.

While this may be a quick solution, it is also something that causes Tony's new ability to try a rear it's head again. Like an angry animal, the shadow that follows at the groups feet twists and grows, swelling briefly to their knees. Once again, Tony exerts his will over the miasma, grasping tendrils of it in his fists and forcing it down.

However, while controlling it is becoming easier, the Darkness has suddenly attracted the attention of one of the nearby bots. Swivelling it's top part around, a vaguely humanoid techno-construct begins it's march towards the trio...it's left armature swinging up and looking menacingly like some sort of gun.

Even as the Darkness recedes to his ankles, Tony glances up above the crowd and sights the approaching android with his green glowing eyes, " OH CRAP....guys?..."

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean considered for a moment. He leaned forward and half whispered to the group, but directed at RJ, "What do you mean? You think that, like, we have doubles here or something?" His mind quickly went through a scenario in which he met his double who, of course, turned out to be evil. He quickly dismissed the thought, "Or is this part of the guise and I'm making a contemplative ass of myself again?"

"No....you got my meaning the first time."

Sean considered for a moment. He leaned forward and half whispered to the group, but directed at RJ, "What do you mean? You think that, like, we have doubles here or something?" His mind quickly went through a scenario in which he met his double who, of course, turned out to be evil. He quickly dismissed the thought, "Or is this part of the guise and I'm making a contemplative ass of myself again?"

"Yeah, I think that's an appropriate word. Aim your darkness at its head, and let's move!" James shouts. His words are a bit pushy, but the logic behind them is undeniable. The robot is already lumbering towards them at an alarming rate. At the same time, it looks like the other man's shout didn't attract any attention. Overall, that's probably a good thing, James reasons. Alternate universers tend to be treated more poorly than natives, whether or not it's deserved.

"And I think I deserve a rescue right now," he thinks to himself as he takes his own advice and starts to scatter.

"Yeah, I think that's an appropriate word. Aim your darkness at its head, and let's move!" James shouts. His words are a bit pushy, but the logic behind them is undeniable. The robot is already lumbering towards them at an alarming rate. At the same time, it looks like the other man's shout didn't attract any attention. Overall, that's probably a good thing, James reasons. Alternate universers tend to be treated more poorly than natives, whether or not it's deserved.

"And I think I deserve a rescue right now," he thinks to himself as he takes his own advice and starts to scatter.

What?! That huge robot was just combination of other robots... That can be pain in the... He thought until one of the robot took a hold on the Channel 3 van and throw it at the Next-Gen.

"There goes another of my van..." Amy Feng said as she is quit used how their van always got thrashed.

Suddently Pelle notice a small darkness that just appear in bright light and he wondering why that darkness just appear now.

What?! That huge robot was just combination of other robots... That can be pain in the... He thought until one of the robot took a hold on the Channel 3 van and throw it at the Next-Gen.

"There goes another of my van..." Amy Feng said as she is quit used how their van always got thrashed.

Suddently Pelle notice a small darkness that just appear in bright light and he wondering why that darkness just appear now.

"Aim your darkness at it's head," says James...OK...not sure I can do that...Hell, still not sure how I can "call" this Darkness into being at all...

While the others spring in opposite directions, Tony stands his ground. As the Robotic Menace continues it direct path towards Tony, the Man from another Dimension begins to reach downward, as if grabbing something about his knees. Slowly, as if rising by some mysterious tide, the Darkness at Tony's feet grows is mass, swirling as if alive.

As it does, Tony begins to move...flowing glides and sweeping motions, similar to Tai Chi movements. As his hands flow and swirl, he seems to gather the Darkness, pushing and guiding it in motions toward the Robot. God...this is harder that it looks...like trying to grab water...

Suddenly, Tony abruptly shifts his swirling motion to a sudden upperward push directed at the Metal Menace, trying to force a mass of Darkness to engulf it's head. Leaving his hands, the Darkness flows forward like a wave of water...and like a wave of water, it gathers speed and force...racing along, for all the world, like a Tenebrous Tsunami...OH WOW....oh my God...Tony stands still for a moment, clearly stunned as what he had expected to be a flowing, ephmereal mass, now becomes an ebon mass of destruction.

"Aim your darkness at it's head," says James...OK...not sure I can do that...Hell, still not sure how I can "call" this Darkness into being at all...

While the others spring in opposite directions, Tony stands his ground. As the Robotic Menace continues it direct path towards Tony, the Man from another Dimension begins to reach downward, as if grabbing something about his knees. Slowly, as if rising by some mysterious tide, the Darkness at Tony's feet grows is mass, swirling as if alive.

As it does, Tony begins to move...flowing glides and sweeping motions, similar to Tai Chi movements. As his hands flow and swirl, he seems to gather the Darkness, pushing and guiding it in motions toward the Robot. God...this is harder that it looks...like trying to grab water...

Suddenly, Tony abruptly shifts his swirling motion to a sudden upperward push directed at the Metal Menace, trying to force a mass of Darkness to engulf it's head. Leaving his hands, the Darkness flows forward like a wave of water...and like a wave of water, it gathers speed and force...racing along, for all the world, like a Tenebrous Tsunami...OH WOW....oh my God...Tony stands still for a moment, clearly stunned as what he had expected to be a flowing, ephmereal mass, now becomes an ebon mass of destruction.

The robot is hit by the angry darkness, but it flows off its shiny metal torso like water off a duck. James is about 15 feet from Tony, but he pauses and gapes.

"I don't know what that was; but it looks like you need to do it harder," he says. Remembering where he is (in the middle of a battle), he starts moving again as he shouts.

"Or maybe we could all hit it at once, like Next-Gen did."

The robot is hit by the angry darkness, but it flows off its shiny metal torso like water off a duck. James is about 15 feet from Tony, but he pauses and gapes.

"I don't know what that was; but it looks like you need to do it harder," he says. Remembering where he is (in the middle of a battle), he starts moving again as he shouts.

"I'm not sure what this switch is gonna do against a robot, but I'm all for that plan. Just give me the signal." Joe crouches down, ready to spring to the attack. Or at least jump at it. Knives are not his specialty, but this wouldn't be the first time he's used one. First time he fought a robot, yes. "This day just keeps getting weirder."

"I'm not sure what this switch is gonna do against a robot, but I'm all for that plan. Just give me the signal." Joe crouches down, ready to spring to the attack. Or at least jump at it. Knives are not his specialty, but this wouldn't be the first time he's used one. First time he fought a robot, yes. "This day just keeps getting weirder."

After his initial stun, Tony realizes that A) he just sent a wave of Darkness slamming into a Robot intent on hurting him, and B) that he better move before said Robot reciprocated.

Hit it harder, he says, Tony rolls to his left, reaching downwards again, flowing and swirling the now eager Darkness, Like I even know what I just did?...Still...I wonder? Spinning and twirling, Tony moves his hands in wider circles, reaching out as if to grab more of the Darkness. And this time, he flows the movements in support of each other...as if trying to keep sand in one place...scoop, hold...shove, dig....constant continuous movement.

However, Tony adds another element this time...this time he is TRYING to send it in an offensive manner...trying to use it to harm the Robot. And, like a thing alive, the Darkness seems to sense this...it begins to swirl in a more aggressive manner, eager to be unleashed...

Grunting with effort, Tony calls out, "On Three...One...Two...THREE!"Upon the last syllable, Tony's hand roll forward in upward sweeping claws, and springing from them, the Darkness rolls towards the Robot...this time more violently...hungrier...deadlier...

After his initial stun, Tony realizes that A) he just sent a wave of Darkness slamming into a Robot intent on hurting him, and B) that he better move before said Robot reciprocated.

Hit it harder, he says, Tony rolls to his left, reaching downwards again, flowing and swirling the now eager Darkness, Like I even know what I just did?...Still...I wonder? Spinning and twirling, Tony moves his hands in wider circles, reaching out as if to grab more of the Darkness. And this time, he flows the movements in support of each other...as if trying to keep sand in one place...scoop, hold...shove, dig....constant continuous movement.

However, Tony adds another element this time...this time he is TRYING to send it in an offensive manner...trying to use it to harm the Robot. And, like a thing alive, the Darkness seems to sense this...it begins to swirl in a more aggressive manner, eager to be unleashed...

Grunting with effort, Tony calls out, "On Three...One...Two...THREE!"Upon the last syllable, Tony's hand roll forward in upward sweeping claws, and springing from them, the Darkness rolls towards the Robot...this time more violently...hungrier...deadlier...