Merry Christmas from the Freedom League!

Barnum

Agnes did her best to be social, which mostly involved saying "hello" and smiling painfully. Without Lady Liberty to push her ahead, Agnes didn't last very long at the "meet and greet." She quickly found her way to the back door, pushed it open (terribly afraid that she was going to set off an alarm), and began the long walk home. Agnes had the money for cab fare, but she felt like walking. It was a beautiful night, and the bright stars had a potent calming effect on her soul.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pseudo tilts his head for a moment and taps his chest. There's an answering electronic "beep" that leads those paying attention to him to think that he has a communicator stored somewhere inside of him. Granted, there aren't many places on him where he could pin it, but still, it's somewhat disconcerting.

His body muffles the voice, but his body language speaks volumes as his shoulders droop and he smiles wryly.

"See what I get for volunteering to take watch duty tonight," he says. "The Maestro is out causing trouble, probably because some carolers came to his door and sang off-key. Actually..." he trails off, looking to High Note and Teke. "Could the two of you come with me? The three of us should take him down more quickly than I could by myself, and maybe we could still get back to the party before it ends."

Pseudo tilts his head for a moment and taps his chest. There's an answering electronic "beep" that leads those paying attention to him to think that he has a communicator stored somewhere inside of him. Granted, there aren't many places on him where he could pin it, but still, it's somewhat disconcerting.

His body muffles the voice, but his body language speaks volumes as his shoulders droop and he smiles wryly.

"See what I get for volunteering to take watch duty tonight," he says. "The Maestro is out causing trouble, probably because some carolers came to his door and sang off-key. Actually..." he trails off, looking to High Note and Teke. "Could the two of you come with me? The three of us should take him down more quickly than I could by myself, and maybe we could still get back to the party before it ends."

"Could the two of you come with me? The three of us should take him down more quickly than I could by myself, and maybe we could still get back to the party before it ends."

"Me? Come with you? Really? Awesome! Do we get to ride in a supercar or something" Not even bothering to contain his excitement, though having the presence of mind to turn off his mic, High Note prepares for his first foray into the world of battling super-villains. "Should I turn on my force field now, or wait until we're outside?"

"Could the two of you come with me? The three of us should take him down more quickly than I could by myself, and maybe we could still get back to the party before it ends."

"Me? Come with you? Really? Awesome! Do we get to ride in a supercar or something" Not even bothering to contain his excitement, though having the presence of mind to turn off his mic, High Note prepares for his first foray into the world of battling super-villains. "Should I turn on my force field now, or wait until we're outside?"

"He was spotted in Lincoln, so you don't need to turn it on right here. I was actually going to fly the two of you there myself. I've been working on a roc form, and that'd give me a chance to try it out," Pseudo says. He seems a little amused by High Note's enthusiasm, though it's good-natured amusement rather than snide or cutting. He looks over to Teke, awaiting his response.

"He was spotted in Lincoln, so you don't need to turn it on right here. I was actually going to fly the two of you there myself. I've been working on a roc form, and that'd give me a chance to try it out," Pseudo says. He seems a little amused by High Note's enthusiasm, though it's good-natured amusement rather than snide or cutting. He looks over to Teke, awaiting his response.

Pseudo smiles broadly, "Excellent. I won't be the size of a mountain, but larger than any bird on this planet."

He leads them outside, then begins to change his form. The first thing he does is expand, like yeast making bread rise, only in every direction. He keeps his same color scheme, red skin turning to red feathers, white eyes growing into monstrous orbs, and the cape becoming a crest. The entire process takes about five seconds, and then you hear his voice inside your heads.

"This form doesn't have any ears, so the Maestro's powers can't affect me as easily. Stop up your ears as best you can - I've connected us into a psychic network. Sort of like the 1-800 number, only this one works."

He crouches down as best he can to allow you to climb on. Once you have, he takes off with a 'whoosh' more powerful than a helicopter.

Pseudo smiles broadly, "Excellent. I won't be the size of a mountain, but larger than any bird on this planet."

He leads them outside, then begins to change his form. The first thing he does is expand, like yeast making bread rise, only in every direction. He keeps his same color scheme, red skin turning to red feathers, white eyes growing into monstrous orbs, and the cape becoming a crest. The entire process takes about five seconds, and then you hear his voice inside your heads.

"This form doesn't have any ears, so the Maestro's powers can't affect me as easily. Stop up your ears as best you can - I've connected us into a psychic network. Sort of like the 1-800 number, only this one works."

He crouches down as best he can to allow you to climb on. Once you have, he takes off with a 'whoosh' more powerful than a helicopter.

Gordy whoops with sheer excitement as Pseudo takes off, though with the rushing winds it's doubtful anyone can hear him. This was great. Not only does he get to sing for the Freedom League, now he gets to help them out. Against Maestro of all people. A villain people have heard off. "This is awesome! How fast can you go?" 'I wonder if I'm supposed to communicate through thought. Crap, does that mean he can read my thoughts? Don't think about Changeling, don't think about Changeling, don't think about Changeling. Crap! Think of something else. Oh, I'm looking over/my dead dog rover/that I overran with the mower

Gordy whoops with sheer excitement as Pseudo takes off, though with the rushing winds it's doubtful anyone can hear him. This was great. Not only does he get to sing for the Freedom League, now he gets to help them out. Against Maestro of all people. A villain people have heard off. "This is awesome! How fast can you go?" 'I wonder if I'm supposed to communicate through thought. Crap, does that mean he can read my thoughts? Don't think about Changeling, don't think about Changeling, don't think about Changeling. Crap! Think of something else. Oh, I'm looking over/my dead dog rover/that I overran with the mower

"Oh God!" Seth thought to himself as they took off with a great undulating pulse. In fact the Rocks method of flying was just one big wing beat after another. UP and DOWN....It was like a freaking boat.

This was not Seth's kind of flying....at all. He thought he might be sick. "K,lets just get to Lincoln as soon as possible. He really didn't want to vomit on a Freedom Leaguer.

"Oh God!" Seth thought to himself as they took off with a great undulating pulse. In fact the Rocks method of flying was just one big wing beat after another. UP and DOWN....It was like a freaking boat.

This was not Seth's kind of flying....at all. He thought he might be sick. "K,lets just get to Lincoln as soon as possible. He really didn't want to vomit on a Freedom Leaguer.