Merry Christmas from the Freedom League!

Barnum

Seth made his way on over to mingle with some of the sidekicks and the kids from Claremont.

Good conversation was had by all. But then it was time to introduce himself to Lady Liberty and Pseudo, and Seth started to falter in his party confidence.

"I'm Teke, although that name isn't by any means set in stone. I'm leaning towards Telekline actually. I know who both of you are. And let my say, It's an honor to meet you both."

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seth made his way on over to mingle with some of the sidekicks and the kids from Claremont.

Good conversation was had by all. But then it was time to introduce himself to Lady Liberty and Pseudo, and Seth started to falter in his party confidence.

"I'm Teke, although that name isn't by any means set in stone. I'm leaning towards Telekline actually. I know who both of you are. And let my say, It's an honor to meet you both."

llsmall.jpg

"It's an honor to meet you too, Teke. This is Agnes." Lady Liberty pulled the reluctant Agnes around so she was face to face with Teke. "She's been training with the Freedom League." Lady Liberty gave Agnes' shoulders a comforting squeeze. "So, Teke, tell us about yourself."

llsmall.jpg

"It's an honor to meet you too, Teke. This is Agnes." Lady Liberty pulled the reluctant Agnes around so she was face to face with Teke. "She's been training with the Freedom League." Lady Liberty gave Agnes' shoulders a comforting squeeze. "So, Teke, tell us about yourself."

llsmall.jpg

captainthunder-1.jpg

"Captain, this is Agnes. Agnes, this is Captain Thunder. I know you've technically met before . . . " Lady Liberty laughed that point, hoping to lighten the mood. "But I thought it might be nice to have a formal introduction."

Captain Thunder took a moment. Looking down at the young hero made him feel guilty all over again. He turns back to his wife for a moment and nods to her, and she understands the signal, leaving his side and mingling with the crowd. Captain Thunder turns his full attention to Agnes, seeing that they'd now been joined by the guitarist from before. He nods toward the young man, but then signals out Agnes - he has a way of talking to people as if they were the only people in the room, "It's very good to see you here, Agnes. I've heard very good things about your training." His eyes wonder for a moment, falling on Lady Liberty before returning to Agnes, "I'm very sorry about our last meeting. It's certainly not the best example to be setting." The apology was curt but sincere. He reaches out and puts his hand on Agnes' shoulder, "I just want you to know, if you need anything, you have strong allies in the Freedom League. My little indiscretion aside, I keep hearing good things about you. As I said before, it's you young heroes who are our future, and I don't want to pre-empt anything, but I think you have a future making things easier for those who can't defend themselves." He takes his hand off of her shoulder, giving her a warm, but modest smile. "I appreciate you coming tonight."

captainthunder-1.jpg

"Captain, this is Agnes. Agnes, this is Captain Thunder. I know you've technically met before . . . " Lady Liberty laughed that point, hoping to lighten the mood. "But I thought it might be nice to have a formal introduction."

Captain Thunder took a moment. Looking down at the young hero made him feel guilty all over again. He turns back to his wife for a moment and nods to her, and she understands the signal, leaving his side and mingling with the crowd. Captain Thunder turns his full attention to Agnes, seeing that they'd now been joined by the guitarist from before. He nods toward the young man, but then signals out Agnes - he has a way of talking to people as if they were the only people in the room, "It's very good to see you here, Agnes. I've heard very good things about your training." His eyes wonder for a moment, falling on Lady Liberty before returning to Agnes, "I'm very sorry about our last meeting. It's certainly not the best example to be setting." The apology was curt but sincere. He reaches out and puts his hand on Agnes' shoulder, "I just want you to know, if you need anything, you have strong allies in the Freedom League. My little indiscretion aside, I keep hearing good things about you. As I said before, it's you young heroes who are our future, and I don't want to pre-empt anything, but I think you have a future making things easier for those who can't defend themselves." He takes his hand off of her shoulder, giving her a warm, but modest smile. "I appreciate you coming tonight."

captainthunder-1.jpg

agnes.jpg

"It's very good to see you here, Agnes. I've heard very good things about your training." His eyes wonder for a moment, falling on Lady Liberty before returning to Agnes, "I'm very sorry about our last meeting. It's certainly not the best example to be setting." The apology was curt but sincere. He reaches out and puts his hand on Agnes' shoulder, "I just want you to know, if you need anything, you have strong allies in the Freedom League. My little indiscretion aside, I keep hearing good things about you. As I said before, it's you young heroes who are our future, and I don't want to pre-empt anything, but I think you have a future making things easier for those who can't defend themselves." He takes his hand off of her shoulder, giving her a warm, but modest smile. "I appreciate you coming tonight."

Agnes mustered all of her willpower to looked up at Captain Thunder. She wasn't afraid of him exactly, and she certainly didn't hold any animosity toward him. She just felt really small and out of place in Freedom Hall, especially standing between Lady Liberty and Captain Thunder. And she felt really bad that she had confronted Lady Liberty that night above the street. It was her fault that Captain Thunder had to come to Lady Liberty's rescue, and now he was having to apologize to her for her mistake. Agnes wanted to crawl in a hole and just vanish, but Lady Liberty's tight grip around her shoulders prevented that.

"Thank you," she said quietly. "That's very kind."

"Hello," Agnes said to Teke. She figured that's what Lady Liberty wanted her to do--to meet and greet people, but standing next to Lady Liberty and Captain Thunder, she was practically invisible.

agnes.jpg

"It's very good to see you here, Agnes. I've heard very good things about your training." His eyes wonder for a moment, falling on Lady Liberty before returning to Agnes, "I'm very sorry about our last meeting. It's certainly not the best example to be setting." The apology was curt but sincere. He reaches out and puts his hand on Agnes' shoulder, "I just want you to know, if you need anything, you have strong allies in the Freedom League. My little indiscretion aside, I keep hearing good things about you. As I said before, it's you young heroes who are our future, and I don't want to pre-empt anything, but I think you have a future making things easier for those who can't defend themselves." He takes his hand off of her shoulder, giving her a warm, but modest smile. "I appreciate you coming tonight."

Agnes mustered all of her willpower to looked up at Captain Thunder. She wasn't afraid of him exactly, and she certainly didn't hold any animosity toward him. She just felt really small and out of place in Freedom Hall, especially standing between Lady Liberty and Captain Thunder. And she felt really bad that she had confronted Lady Liberty that night above the street. It was her fault that Captain Thunder had to come to Lady Liberty's rescue, and now he was having to apologize to her for her mistake. Agnes wanted to crawl in a hole and just vanish, but Lady Liberty's tight grip around her shoulders prevented that.

"Hello," Agnes said to Teke. She figured that's what Lady Liberty wanted her to do--to meet and greet people, but standing next to Lady Liberty and Captain Thunder, she was practically invisible.

agnes.jpg

captainthunder-1.jpg

Captain Thunder senses Agnes' unease - it wasn't exactly a hard thing to spot. He truely felt for the girl; this whole thing must be a little overwhelming. He remembers meeting the other members of the Freedom League for the first time, and he he felt. That anxiety was far worse than any fear from the test planes he used to fly. He knew he wasn't helping the poor girl - he was always too formal in these situations. He stands there, straight backed ready to participate in the conversation with the two youngsters.

captainthunder-1.jpg

Captain Thunder senses Agnes' unease - it wasn't exactly a hard thing to spot. He truely felt for the girl; this whole thing must be a little overwhelming. He remembers meeting the other members of the Freedom League for the first time, and he he felt. That anxiety was far worse than any fear from the test planes he used to fly. He knew he wasn't helping the poor girl - he was always too formal in these situations. He stands there, straight backed ready to participate in the conversation with the two youngsters.

captainthunder-1.jpg

llsmall.jpg

"There isn't really much to tell. My name should make my powers fairly apparent. I'm a telekineticis....." Seth tapered off.

agnes.jpg

Seth realized what he had just done. And he felt awful about it. He was used to being overlooked. he knew what it was like. And the last thing he wanted to do was do the same thing. In his defense, it was THE freedom league he was talking to, but still. Seth felt bad, but he turned on the charm so to speak. He was an attractive lad. And a charismatic one. He hoped that would be enough to smooth it over.

"Agnes. It's an honor to meet you. I'm sorry I didn't see you there. It was unbelievably rude of me, and I'm sure you deserve better. I just have something of a case of hero worship when it comes to the Freedom League. What are your Powers? Can i ask that?" he says looking at the Freedom League. "I'm a little unsure of Super-hero Etiquette. The fact that you train with the Freedom league makes me jealous beyond belief. I'm still learning to use my powers, and to be quite frank mine scare me a little."

llsmall.jpg

"There isn't really much to tell. My name should make my powers fairly apparent. I'm a telekineticis....." Seth tapered off.

agnes.jpg

Seth realized what he had just done. And he felt awful about it. He was used to being overlooked. he knew what it was like. And the last thing he wanted to do was do the same thing. In his defense, it was THE freedom league he was talking to, but still. Seth felt bad, but he turned on the charm so to speak. He was an attractive lad. And a charismatic one. He hoped that would be enough to smooth it over.

"Agnes. It's an honor to meet you. I'm sorry I didn't see you there. It was unbelievably rude of me, and I'm sure you deserve better. I just have something of a case of hero worship when it comes to the Freedom League. What are your Powers? Can i ask that?" he says looking at the Freedom League. "I'm a little unsure of Super-hero Etiquette. The fact that you train with the Freedom league makes me jealous beyond belief. I'm still learning to use my powers, and to be quite frank mine scare me a little."

llsmall.jpg

agnes.jpg

agnes.jpg

"Agnes. It's an honor to meet you. I'm sorry I didn't see you there. It was unbelievably rude of me, and I'm sure you deserve better. I just have something of a case of hero worship when it comes to the Freedom League. What are your Powers? Can i ask that?" he says looking at the Freedom League. "I'm a little unsure of Super-hero Etiquette."

"Oh I'm sorry, don't apologize. I'm just happy to be here and meet people." It was a little white lie, of course. Agnes was honored, but not very happy to be there. "Powers?" she continued, not sure how to proceed. "Well, I found this sword in the basement of our church. It gives me my powers. I can fly, and it makes me really hard to hurt. And the sword, of course, is a pretty potent weapon. So . . . that's me."

The fact that you train with the Freedom league makes me jealous beyond belief. I'm still learning to use my powers, and to be quite frank mine scare me a little."

"Trust me, its wasn't anything spectacular." Agnes involuntarily turned red at the thought of her last training session. She was completely at peace with her powers. The sword and all of the blessings that came with it were surely perfect, but Agnes was not, and she was sure that her recent failings were entirely her own fault. "Yeah. It was pretty bad actually."

agnes.jpg

"Agnes. It's an honor to meet you. I'm sorry I didn't see you there. It was unbelievably rude of me, and I'm sure you deserve better. I just have something of a case of hero worship when it comes to the Freedom League. What are your Powers? Can i ask that?" he says looking at the Freedom League. "I'm a little unsure of Super-hero Etiquette."

"Oh I'm sorry, don't apologize. I'm just happy to be here and meet people." It was a little white lie, of course. Agnes was honored, but not very happy to be there. "Powers?" she continued, not sure how to proceed. "Well, I found this sword in the basement of our church. It gives me my powers. I can fly, and it makes me really hard to hurt. And the sword, of course, is a pretty potent weapon. So . . . that's me."

The fact that you train with the Freedom league makes me jealous beyond belief. I'm still learning to use my powers, and to be quite frank mine scare me a little."

"Trust me, its wasn't anything spectacular." Agnes involuntarily turned red at the thought of her last training session. She was completely at peace with her powers. The sword and all of the blessings that came with it were surely perfect, but Agnes was not, and she was sure that her recent failings were entirely her own fault. "Yeah. It was pretty bad actually."

agnes.jpg

llsmall.jpg

"Yeah. It was pretty bad actually."

Lady Liberty was about to add something positive about how well Agnes did in the Wreck Room against the Emissary, but before she could interrupt, her communicator began beeping softly. "Excuse me, guys. I need to take this."

Lady Liberty gave Agnes a final pat on the back before slipping out of the crowd and out the door to the main hall.

llsmall.jpg

Lady Liberty was about to add something positive about how well Agnes did in the Wreck Room against the Emissary, but before she could interrupt, her communicator began beeping softly. "Excuse me, guys. I need to take this."

Lady Liberty gave Agnes a final pat on the back before slipping out of the crowd and out the door to the main hall.

llsmall.jpg

Agnes did her best to be social, which mostly involved saying "hello" and smiling painfully. Without Lady Liberty to push her ahead, Agnes didn't last very long at the "meet and greet." She quickly found her way to the back door, pushed it open (terribly afraid that she was going to set off an alarm), and began the long walk home. Agnes had the money for cab fare, but she felt like walking. It was a beautiful night, and the bright stars had a potent calming effect on her soul.

Agnes did her best to be social, which mostly involved saying "hello" and smiling painfully. Without Lady Liberty to push her ahead, Agnes didn't last very long at the "meet and greet." She quickly found her way to the back door, pushed it open (terribly afraid that she was going to set off an alarm), and began the long walk home. Agnes had the money for cab fare, but she felt like walking. It was a beautiful night, and the bright stars had a potent calming effect on her soul.