• 3 weeks later...

Sure, Huckleberry - 

Have you ever been inside a big gas station/convenience store like Wawa or Sheetz? It's basically one of those, but obviously a local business rather than a chain. It looks to be mostly a business that caters to Hispanic people - the snacks are mostly Latin American brands like Bimbo, they have Mexican Coke, there's a sign for money transfer, etc. Their menu is mostly Long John Silvers type, fried fish, etc - and sushi! 

No worries. I'm very new to this pbp site, so apologies all around, and expect some awkwardness. I wouldn't want to spoil the whole surprise, but I was thinking to have the evening go off the rails a bit at this point, to the degree that rules and dice would get involved. I'll take a whack at being clear in my next post, likely tomorrow. 

Actually, it occurs to me I should probably just ask you what you want for the thread. I think this may be another case of me thinking I had communicated, but actually it was nothing like. . . I think we've done some fun stuff in this thread trading back and forth with universal full narrative powers, and I'm happy to keep doing that too! Alternatively, I could make a go at trying to provide surprise, suspense, and challenge of navigating a narrative exchange with only your character's intent and description at your disposal. I'm truly happy with either approach I think I may have somewhat bungled an attempted transition between the two.