Double the Treble

Supercape

Multi-Girl

Bernadette watched as Summer grabbed one of the nearby fish with some of her fingers toward a strangely shaped fish that was nearby and held it in place with some of her fingers while the other began playing it like a drum. The Irish teen gave Summer a smile. "I'm not gonna complain." She said as she took a breath (which was a very strange sensation given she was breathing in water).

The redhead then began to sing, but this time focusing on singing the words backward to the unusual tune of Summer's backward notes of the music. She hoped that the Duke was right and this would do the trick. For good measure, her duplicate began to sing as well, given his comment that twins seemed to be part of the key.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

The song took a bit of adaptation - sound carried differently in water, and this wasn't regular water. It had colours, it had sparkles, and every swirl and current seemed to carry its on note. 

All in all, Musicworld was full of music, and excellent music. But it was like a mountain of toffee. Everyone (or at least most people) liked a bit of toffee from time to time, but when your entire world was toffee, when that was all you could see and taste, then it would drive you mad. 

Too much of a good thing. 

The song (and Summer's beat) reverberated, twisted, magnified. Suddenly the world was spinning, dissolving, morphing. 

"Wait for me!" cried the Leprachaun... diving into the lake with a splash that sounded like the call of trumpets. "I can't stand it here! Take me with you!"

They were, Bernadette realised, on the verge of going back to the real world...

Multi-Girl

Realizing that it appeared to be working, Bernadette and her duplicate continued singing, nodding to Summer to continue her beat. As they did, they swam in closer, each grabbing the Duke by an arm and pulling him closer to Summer.

The original Bernadette then used her free hand to reach over to grab Summer's upper arm to get ahold of her. The duplicate used her free hand to reach out to grab the Leprechaun's hand. All through this, they continued singing, adding all they could to the strange, distorted backward lyrics.

GM

And lo, they were back in the "real" world. 

Whatever "real" meant...

After the ultravivid and gaudy sights and sounds of Musicland, their home reality seemed rather bland by comparison. Quite the relief. Although they were all soaking wet. 

"Oh thank the wicked Gods and all their wicked minions!" said the Leprachaun, sinking to his knees and imitating two devil horns on his scalp. He threw a challenging look at the others. "Well, sue me. I was around when Pan played on his pipe's y'all. The original devil!"

The Duke dusted himself off. "I care not for dieties and demigods, a dusty old tome from a long forgotten game. Of reality. Myself, I am just glad to not be dying anymore. It really was getting to be most tiresome. My bodies wear out faster than ever these days. I feel quite rejuvinated!"

As for Summer, she seemed quite alright bad being soaked to the skin. "Dum... dum... derr derr... um... dumm.... oh dang, I'm trying to remember some of the songs. It was all quite clever and beautiful, but its like... its like the volume was turned up to eleven!"

Multi-Girl

Bernadette and her duplicate released their grips on the others once it was clear that they had returned home, letting their last notes die off as they looked around, their long red hair soaking wet and plastered to them. The Irish teen could not help but chuckle slightly as Summer was trying to remember some of the music they had heard in Musicland.

Her duplicate lifted up a soaking wet clump of hair with an annoyed look on her face as a small, colorful fish fell loose from the tangled mess, flopping on the now very wet floor. Bernadette quickly bent down and scooped it up as her duplicate rushed around to find something to put it in. Soon, they had a small bowl filled with water, in which the fish was swimming around happily, its faint tunes slightly audible from the water.

Smiling as she watched it, Bernadette looked up and over to Summer. "You know, while I still have one more year at Claremont, you should come back ta Freedom an' we can take a shot at startin' a band."

GM

"Tra la la la bubble bubble blub" sang the fish, quite happy in its bowl, and seemingly still possessed with a love of singing. 

Who knows? Maybe Bernadette could have a novelty back up singer in the future?

Summer wrung her ten fingers dry. "I need to listen to some death metal to get that place out of my head. Best be bad death metal without any tune or rhthmn, too!"

"I need to drink!" said the Leprachaun, who dissapeared in a puff of magic green smoke. 

"Now I have a regenerated liver, I think I will join him! Adieu, ladies. Yes, ladies indeed. I shall keep my eye out for you!" said the Duke, with a wink. Taking a deep breath of sweet and stale air, he exited - by more conventional means. 

"And as for us. Maybe its time to start a band for real!" said Summer....

~ Fin ~