[ToV] The Ice Storm

So not sure what good it'll do but it's worth the minute particularly if he can do it on the way to tornado alley.

Use contacts to make a gather information to find the criminal in question or a lead to her whereabouts.  That'll take a minute and he'll hit a DC 30 with skill mastery

All right. Ace is able to easily get through his network of contacts that Levant was seen checking into a hotel in Petworth last night. However, she hasn't been seen leaving the hotel... and, after the contact slipped a $50 to the front desk, it was confirmed that housekeeping has just gotten done with her room and she isn't in there. So, either she's hiding somewhere else in the hotel (good luck - it's one of those small places kept low by the city's anti-skyscraper provisions), or she found a way to get in and out of it without being seen. 

• 2 weeks later...

And now... we split the party. Decide whether your PC's talents are suited towards damage control or apprehending the target, and go off. 

If you are on K Street and stemming the storm, then we'll need Initiative. What we have here are not necessarily NPCs so much as they are powers in and of themselves. Giving them the stats of air elementals kinda implies sapience or responsiveness that they don't have, and they are more things to be defeatedly creatively. So... we shall make them powers. Powers with Initiative rolls, but still. They are effectively Minions, in that an Opposed Powers check will knock them right the hell out - but it needs to be an appropriate opposition. 

The Tornadoes go on 24, 11, 11, and 7.

Cannonade goes on 8.

• 2 weeks later...

All right, as I have not heard back from Avorez for some time, I will assume Titan went with Cannonade. When Avorez comes back, he can decide where Titan goes. So, while he helps evacuate people, Cannonade is getting hurled about by tornadoes, which are essentially wandering piles of Move Object 10 (Extras: Area Burst, Damaging). As Cannonade has Impervious Toughness 11, that's really not going to do a lot... but he is going to get hurled into more than a few buildings. He doesn't have Immovable, after all.

Cannonade then decides to unleash his Super-Breath as part of an Opposed Powers check. 14 on the Tornado versus a nat 20 from Cannonade. So one of them is just gone. 

Rollin' rollin' rollin'...

Search: 1d20+10 16

Investigate: 1d20+10 18

Mediocre!

Also, are all the characters in contact somehow?  Ace said something to that effect while tinkering with his wrist communicator, I believe.  If we are, then Adept will immediately report to the rest of the team that Levant may have red hair now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All right, what Ace gets: 

Given how the numbers are structured, there's a chance they're not necessarily flight numbers. They're flight numbers and altitude readings. These may be coordinates for a three-dimensional map of where planes will be when in DC airspace.

And Cannonade stares down the last two tornadoes. Fortunately, they are close enough that he can catch them both with one Super-Breath. He rolls a 25. As for the tornadoes... One rolls a 25 and stays, the other rolls an 18 and goes. Cannonade, having had enough of this, stunts for another Standard Action. He takes another Super-Breath and unloads. His Opposed Powers check is a 22.  And the tornado's is... a 25. Damnit. 

Ah, well. Ace can show up at the end of the round. Which would be... his next post. 

• 2 months later...

I have a feeling that this isn't as it seems, but if you'll allow it, Adept will attack Levant with his Perception-range telekinesis, Toughness DC25!

Edit: Wait, what am I saying?  As the IC post implies, Adept doesn't want to injure her, so much as pull her (sure hope that tornado isn't tethered!) toward him and Argonaut, at least for now.  So I guess that's a mental grapple? 

Edited by Blarghy

All right. As we're going right into combat, I'll say Adept technically has a surprise round to get the Grapple off. We'll be using AA's Divine Weather Controller build at PL12, with adjustments to match. So, Levant cannot counter, but she can try to use her own wind currents to keep the power off of her. 

She makes a 31, which means she eludes the grapple - for now. And now we are in normal combat. Roll initiative.

Levant goes on 20.

Cannonade, when he eventually gets there, goes on 12.

I think we also need Argonaut's initiative. And Ace's, for when he shows up - which, given the car, will likely need a speed boost to get there faster than 10 rounds (Flight 3 being 50 MPH, which is nice but may not be enough to get you from K Street to Maryland in under a minute, even as the crow flies).