Dreamweaver (OOC)

Blarghy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured the Sense Motive check was a sure thing.  Ah well. 

Still, I'm amused by the idea of Presto getting through the adventure with sheer charisma and determination, without ever having a clear picture of what's actually going on around him until the climax. 

No need, actually; you've already raised Terry's attitude to the level where he's willing to do as Presto asked.  You could, perhaps, try to raise him up another step for a better favor if Presto wanted the "best" option I planned for in my notes, but I'm skeptical about spamming Diplomacy for an NPC during the same encounter.

The point being, Terry will arrange a meeting.

• 3 weeks later...

And that's the end of Part 1.  Sorry I've been slow lately; we're shorthanded at work, so I'm having to put in extra hours, among other things.  It's been a hectic month. 

At any rate, I'm giving you another hero point for Presto making it this far with force of personality and not setting any of the witnesses on fire, not even a little bit!  You missed a few clues I thought you'd have gotten by this point, which Presto may suffer for a bit in the latter half of the adventure, but on the other hand, he didn't get into as much trouble as he could've. 

Name       HPs   Initiative    Damage      Status Conditions

Presto       4       N/A              None            None

Adept        1       N/A              None            Fatigued

Now, Presto won't get a call until later on in the evening, so he has time to do some investigation if you wish.  You can pick a skill and roll it (I assume Arcane Lore, but you certainly aren't limited to that), and do a post detailing what Presto's trying to learn and how he's going about it.  Or you could gain yet another hero point by foregoing the roll in favor of Presto's Responsibility Complication, on the grounds that he forgot today was his weekly therapy session.  It's up to you. 

Either way, things are probably about to get magical

Oh, if we do the latter (I'm leaning towards it) how would you want it handled? Would you play as the therapist?

EDIT

Though, learning more about what's going on through private study might be a better idea. With four Hero Points I probably have enough to last me through regardless.

Edited by Sophistemon

Whichever you prefer, I'd rather not turn it into a scene in itself, so while I could play the therapist, I assumed you'd just write up something brief yourself (no need to get entrenched in a small story or anything). 

Mostly, I offered the alternative so that Presto could get some use out of his Complications, and because the forum roller seems to hate you so much that I figured you couldn't have too many hero points.  =P

Feel free to frame the narrative that way if you want, but if you're asking to do both mechanically, then no.  The whole point of a Complication is that it complicates your character's life, causes trouble or costs them something in exchange for that hero point.  You'll have to choose between possibly getting some clues (depending on how well you roll, as usual) or certainly getting a hero point. 

Again, whichever you decide, we should keep it brief.  This is merely an intermission before the second half of the story kicks off.

Your choice, this time.

On 4/20/2016 at 9:21 PM, Blarghy said:

You can pick a skill and roll it (I assume Arcane Lore, but you certainly aren't limited to that), and do a post detailing what Presto's trying to learn and how he's going about it.

Oh, sheesh, I'm sorry -- I'd completely forgotten that you'd already specified. My bad.

I've assumed that you want Presto at home and don't have any other plans for him until Warne calls with further information. With that in mind I've moved Presto back to his apartment, where he can do his research in his kitchen.

Knowledge: Arcane Lore: 1d20+11 14

Unbelievable.

I'm going to spend a Hero Point to improve the roll. It occurs to me that I should have just taken 20, but it's too late for that now -- I've already rolled.

Knowledge: Arcane Lore: 1d20+11 14

If this were happening to anyone else it'd be hysterical. The rules of the Re-Roll do dictate that because I rolled a 10 or below I get to add 10 to the result, which makes the new roll a 24.

I can't believe that I rolled the same disappointing result twice.

Edited by Sophistemon

Bleh.  =S  I feel for ya.  Maybe it'll be funny again after the game's over--and perhaps the roller is biding your time for you, so that when Presto does finally start blasting, he just mops the floor with the villain in a short order.  In any case, the reroll is good enough to learn quite a bit.  I'll write up a post for you, plus the scene sift, and probably a glimpse at Presto's enemies too, within the next few days, as time allows.  Sorry again for the delays.  

Name       HPs   Initiative    Damage      Status Conditions

Presto       3       N/A              None            None

Adept        1       N/A              None            Fatigued

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's up to you; out-of-character information is, of course, wrong to use, but Presto already mentioned setting up some wards, so I'll let you try a Ritual if you wish. 

Now, concerning the Defense System, you never decided what Power it represents on your sheet.  I've spoken to the mods in Chat, and they say you need to do that.  You can pick whatever you like (so long as it fits the rules, of course), but once you do, you need to go to the Edits thread and actually put that on your sheet, so it's consistent for the future.