GM

Once the vessel had touched down, the other Atlanteans has swum over to see what was going on and how they could assist Thealia.  The Atlantean princess opened up the storage compartment of the submersible, reveling the stolen statue and other treasures.  While Thaelia was able to lift the statute on her own, it was much easier to do and maneuver with the assistance of several other Atlanteans.

While Giang had not been able to hear her roommate's comment, she was not in any rush, knowing that ensuring everything was returned to its proper place was important to the Atlantean teen.  The Asian teen set about powering down the submersible once more.  Having done so, she used her powers to push the water away from the cockpit, forming an air bubble around it so she could more easily open the cockpit door and exit.

For the moment, she resealed the cockpit, in case they wanted to remove the vehicle under its own power, as she was rather certain that allowing the water in would ruin the electronics.  Once that was done, she stepped back into the water and allowed the air bubble to collapse and then swam after Thaelia and the other Atlanteans.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaelia kept her eyes locked dead ahead as they hauled the statue of her father, and the other assorted treasures, back to the temple.  Her head moving back to make sure that Giang was still within her line of sight.  "I did promise you a vacation did I not?  I know you would have much rather clashed wits than fists on this fine day.  But  rest assured my friend, as passionate of a people as we may be.  Atlanteans are certainly not without merriment.  With the spoils of victory will come a grand celebration."

She almost jumped up with the portion of the statue she was holding with her vintage excitability.  But the Atlantean royal had enough sense to restrain herself so that the godly visage was only jerked slightly.  No amount of strength would have done much good had it dropped after all.  Though the scion of Poseidon did have to contemplate for the faintest moment if she'd be just fine with that alternative.

Ultimately any parental conflict was pushed aside for the much less complicated matter on thoughts about how they should celebrate after this.

Giang stayed just to one side of Thaelia and the group of Atlanteans assisting her in moving the statue back to its rightful place.  Though she was still feeling somewhat tired after the battle with Natas and his men, she did feel a great deal of satisfaction at being able to not only stop another of his plots, but also capture the mercenary leader this time.

"It has certainly been an interesting vacation."  She replied to her roommate.  "And while this may not have been how I would have preferred to spend the day, I am very glad that I was here to assist."  A small smile then came to the Asian teen's face as Thaelia mentioned a celebration.  "I am certain it will be something to experience."

"It shall be an experience you will not forget!"  Thaelia and the Atlanteans helping her carry the sculpture ascended once they came to a circular chamber in the temple.  In the center of the chamber stood a pillar which the group used to house the effigy in the first place.  Once the statue settled back in its home a pair of Atlanteans would pull out small wrench like devices that would let loose a small jade stream to cast the statue back in place.  The demigoddess described the process to her roommate using fantastical language of the arcane, of course Giang could pretty much relate the concept as being the equivalent of an underwater welding torch.

The chamber lit up after the task was complete.  Illuminating the temple with an effulgent glow, and making the damage the structure suffered during the robbery all the more apparent.  If any of the Atlanteans were bothered by the damage none let is show as they proceeded to help in returning the rest of the treasures without a care in the world.  Giving the statue one last glance Thaelia ripped off a piece of her already slightly torn clothing and tossed it towards her father's image.  

She then swam over to Giang wrapping her arm around her friend's shoulder.  "Now then faithful Crantorians.  Let us show my companion at arms how Atlanteans celebrate after a hard fought battle!"   Thaelia raised her fist in the air before letting out a giddy cheer as the a chorus of enthusiastic arms followed suit.