Blueshift [PL 10] (WIP)

Indigo

Here's version four of this character. Thanks to everyone for helping me make my first Mutants and Masterminds character.

Player Name: Indigo
    Character Name: Indigo
    Power Level: 10 (150/150PP)
    Trade-Offs: +1 Defense / -1 Toughness
    Unspent Power Points: 0
    Progress To Bronze Status: 0/30

In Brief: Indigo is a super-intelligent alien speedster detective.

Alternate Identity: Beryl Pilgrim
    Identity: Bequerilus ec Samidor
    Birthplace: Melidar City, Planet Tichro, orbiting Gliese 396
    Affiliations: Currently none
    Family: Adopted human family (Jasper Pilgrim, father; Pearl Pilgrim, mother; Amber Pilgrim, sister; Jade Pilgrim, sister)

Description:
    Apparent Age: 26
    Ethnicity: Indigo Tichron
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 130 lbs.
    Eyes: White
    Hair: Black

Indigo is a blue-skinned alien with short black hair and white, pupil-less eyes. He's average height for a human with a trim, athletic build. Among his own people, he's tall and somewhat bulky. His trademark costume is a shiny purple trench coat and fedora over purple pants, a black shirt, and a blue tie. Black gloves and tall black boots complete the costume. He has a blaster pistol holstered at his hip under his coat.

Power Descriptions:
    Indigo's two obvious powers are his force field and morph powers, both derived from his Wrist Modulator. The force field appears as a web of 90% transparent glowing blue hexes about an inch away from his skin and clothes. It gives off a faint buzz, along with occasional electrical snaps and pops. When Indigo uses the morph function to appear as his "Human" alter ego, his appearance rapidly shifts to that of a normal human of his general appearance and his clothes turn a neutral grey color. He can also morph into any other humanoid shape in a similar fashion as a disguise. He is usually carrying or eating food to satisfy his alien metabolism.

History:
    Hailing from an influential Tichron family on his homeworld, Tichro, Indigo was the family black sheep. While his nigh-immortal species is staunchly non-interventionist in the affairs of other worlds, prefering instead to observe and report, Indigo felt that his people, with their tremendous technology and speed, could and should help others. After basic soldier training, Indigo invoked an ancient rite and elected to travel to earth in 1943. Unfortunately, while he was granted a starship to travel the 68.8 lightyears to earth, it was not equipped with a faster-than-light drive, meaning that it took 70 years for the nigh-immortal Indigo to reach Earth, arriving in early 2013. With his ship crashing upon its arrival, Indigo now lives with a Human family several miles outside of Freedom City. He has dedicated himself to fighting crime and injustice, using his speed and intellect to act as a detective.

Personality & Motivation:
    Indigo believes it is the moral obligation of any sentient being to protect those weaker than themselves from those who would harm them. His disgust for his species' non-intervention policies, despite their power, led him to come to earth to fight injustice. In terms, he is something of a deadpan snarker, often amused by the comparitively slow-witted Humans he now deals with on a daily basis.

Powers & Tactics:
    Indigo is a trained soldier but he prefers to use his wits, skills, and speed to fight crime. A detective at heart, he uses his tremendous intellect to piece together a villain's plan and cut to the core of it. When he can't avoid a fight, he'll try to use his speed to stay out of his opponent's reach while peppering them with his energy pistol. Should he lose his pistol, he'll use his alien martial arts as he hits and runs.

Complications:
    Addiction: Hunger! Indigo's alien metabolism requires him to eat ten times as much as a normal human.
    Responsibility: Professional duties as a detective in Freedom City.
    Secret: Identity. Beryl Pilgrim. Indigo doesn't want any harm to come to his adopted family.

Abilities: 0 + 10 + 4 + 18 + 6 + 0 = 38PP
    Strength: 10 (+0)
    Dexterity: 20 (+5)
    Constitution: 14 (+2)
    Intelligence: 28 (+9)
    Wisdom: 16 (+3)
    Charisma: 10 (+0)

Combat: 16 + 12 = 28PP
    Initiative: +5
    Attack: +8 Melee, +8 Ranged (+10 Blast (Energy Pistol)) [16 PP]
    Grapple: +0
    Defense: +11 (+6 Base, +5 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed [12 PP]
    Knockback: -0

Saving Throws: 3 + 5 + 3 = 11PP
    Toughness: +9 (+2 Con, +7 Force field)
    Fortitude: +5 (+2 Con, +3)
    Reflex: +10 (+5 Dex, +5)
    Will: +6 (+3 Wis, +3)

Skills: 60R = 15PP
    Acrobatics 4 (+9)
    Computers 6 (+15)
    Craft (Electronics) 1 (+10)
    Craft (Mechanical) 1 (+10)
    Disable Device 2 (+11)
    Disguise 0 (+0) [+10 with Morph]
    Gather Information 8 (+8)
    Investigate 4 (+13)
    Languages 1 (Tichron [Native], English)
    Knowledge (Technology) 6 (+15)
    Knowledge (Galactic Lore) 4 (+13)
    Medicine 7 (+10)
    Notice 7 (+10)
    Search 4 (+13)
    Stealth 5 (+10)

Feats: 13PP
    Beginner's Luck 1
    Dodge Focus 5
    Eidetic Memory 1
    Evasion 1
    Inventor 1
    Move-By Attack 1
    Precise Shot 1
    Uncanny Dodge (Auditory) 1
    Well-Informed 1

Powers: 12 + 9 + 1 + 10 + 9 + 4 = 45PP
    Device 3 (Wristband Modulator, Alien Technology; 15PP Container; Flaws: Hard-To-Lose) [12PP]

Comprehend 1 (Type: Languages (Understand Only)) (Universal Translator) [2PP]
    Datalink 1 (Radio, Feats: Machine Control) [2PP]
    Force Field [7PP]
    Morph 2
(Humanoid forms) [4PP]

Device 3 (Energy Pistol, Alien Technology; 15PP Container; Flaws: Easy-To-Lose) [9PP]

Blast 7 (Energy pulse, Feats: Accurate) [15PP]

Immunity 1 (
Aging (Alien Biology)) [1PP]
    Quickness 10 (x1000) (
Alien Biology) [10PP]
    Speed 9 (x500) (
Alien Biology) [9PP]
    Strike 4 (
Alien Martial Arts) [4PP]

Drawbacks:
(-0) + (-0) = -0PP

DC Block

ATTACK      RANGE     SAVE                        EFFECT

Strike      Touch     DC19 Toughness (Staged)     Damage (Physical)

Energy P.   Ranged    DC22 Toughness (Staged)     Damage (Physical)

Totals: Abilities (38) + Combat (28) + Saving Throws (11) + Skills (15) + Feats (13) + Powers (45) - Drawbacks (0) = 150/150 Power Points
Edited by Indigo

Interesting concept. Kind of reminds me of some of the later Flashes; cop skills with super-speed.

The backstory seems solid, but combined with the powers there are some issues that jump out at me. Like, are all Tichrons immortal? If not, why is Indigo? Why did a human family on Earth adopt this strange blue alien? How did he become aware of a conflict on a primitive world so far away from his own?

I would strongly recommend building this character up to their PL 10 combat caps. Currently he is PL 9 defensively and PL 5 offensively.

Having literally no Fort save is going to bite you in the ass, painfully and often.

I know that blaster pistols are listed as Equipment in the core book, but it's unlikely that it will be allowed. Energy pistols are just too far in the tech scale to be a common item like that.

There's a lot of one-rank skills listed there. It might save points in the long run to pick up Eidetic Memory or Jack of All Trades and invest those points elsewhere.

Impervious is an Extra, not a Feat. What that means is, you have to pay a point for every rank of Impervious, above and beyond what you're already paying for the Protection.

Edited by Raveled

First off Id suggest editting a character as opposed to reposting!

Whizztastic character!

A few crunchy points - sorry. I'm feeling ill and light headed, but I spot these!

1. Blast 10 is a 20PP power, so it will need a Device 4 Power (12 PP if its easy to lose)

2. I'd throw in Disguise to the skill mix, something like Disguise 0 (+0) [+10 with Morph]

3. Put in flat footed Defence of +3

4. Put in the multiplied for Quickness like so: Quickness 9 (x1000) and similar the speed for Speed 10

5. Specify that you can understand rather than speak languages in Comprehend 1

A suggestion:

Complications like "do good" and "Save innocents" are pretty much taken for granted here. Its fine to add that as fluff, but you dont need to put them down as specific things to get HP from. Whilst the site does accept flawed and messed up personalities, everyone is pretty much a hero - everyone here has those complications (more or less). Everyone would get an HP for protecting innocents heroically. 

I say that because if you subtract those two from the list (motivation and honor) you are left with just one other: Secret ID. That's fine, a staple complication. But you may wish to contemplate adding more flavour here. Of course this is largely personal taste, but complications are one important part of the engine of good stories (and fun?). Whilst crowbarring an ill suited complication into the mix, or just shoving one to HP whore, are both bad ideas, I would just suggest reflecting a moment and see if you can spice up that side of things. Even simple things like allergic to diary products (due to alien metabolism) or exuding an unpleasant odour when he lies can add to a thread (silly examples of the top of my head).